What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You watering once or twice a day in this heat. My plants are drooping around 5pm when I water. As soon as the son sets and plants are out of direct light , they begin to perk back up. They look real healthy, but I think they're getting adjusted to the sudden heat.
I am watering every 3-4 days . Throughout the summer i increase watering frequency/amount as they grow. My soil mix seems to hold water really well

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
great to see the hillside plugged bro
nice to see more outdoor bodhi this year :ying:

what podcasts you listen to?
JRE ?
eddie bravo?
JRE ,bill burr, joey diaz, duncan trussell, plus some science stuff and jiu jitsu stuff, adam dunn and hash church,

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

Cowpt62l.jpg

broad leaves and really tight node spacing on this one:
fwgxDfDl.jpg

this one is lankier, with narrow leaves:
D9t9ax2l.jpg

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
DAM... they look mighty purdy in there final homes.... lush green even... let the show begin...

Machine_Gun

What's up, this thread got me to finally make an account. This year I'm growing Kalifornia and Satsuma from Bodhi, do you have any experience with either?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
What's up, this thread got me to finally make an account. This year I'm growing Kalifornia and Satsuma from Bodhi, do you have any experience with either?
no but i have a pack of satsuma that will definitely be the next seeds i pop. might sprout them this week and hide them on my property in 100's or something

How hot is your hill, Schrews?

I'm doing the same thing (multiplant) with cages here.
it was 99 degrees here yesterday. you should post some pictures

What kind of fabrics did you use for your pots? Thinking about wrapping my black smarts.
i think this is what i use. comes in 4' roll and so i just fold it in half lengthwise cuz my pots are 2' deep
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Landmaster-4-ft-x-50-ft-Polyester-Landscape-Fabric-2518RP/203062275

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Worst part about working alone, I've found, is that so often I have a very difficult time getting the day started and breaking out of procrastination because of anxiety from being overwhelmed with the huge task list ahead of me. So much work that I can stay busy working with only time for sleep, and still have a sizable list at the end of the week. Every week.

Anyone else struggle with this?

I just need to get it through my head that the work HAS be to done, and it's not gonna get done by itself or any other way than if I do it myself. No matter how huge the task list, I need to figure out a way to divide and conquer or some other mental strategy so I don't become so overwhelmed and uninterested.

But it's hard to stay interested when it's work, work, and more work, followed by work, sleep, then work again. Fuuuuck.

the cannabis growing rat race…it feels like it never stops. and when you get complacent, shit just piles up and gets even more overwhelming. and to know at the same time I'm procrastinating on ICmag, thousands of other growers are out there getting shit done, building new grows, and taking more market share in the industry.

i feel like kyrie irving right now, sidelined due to injury. at first it sucked, but damn its been nice having some free time to actually enjoy life lately and travel. i still got a garden pumping but I'm splitting the work with a few friends we take shifts where someone will water over the weekend and i can bounce and then i cover the spot for equal amount of days. when theres a ton of work to get done we bring in the extra helpers and knock it out.

balancing grow work, with daily errands and BS, combined with brokering and all the other aspects of this industry, and then finally family life, brings me to yell the same quote every night…"theres not enough hours in a day!"

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Damn, homeskillet... I can understand the drive behind doing something like that maybe once, but two transplant>dig up>re-transplant>repeat is bonkers, bro! I told you where you could get a grip of Blue Frost clones!

i totally agree, i was out of town when my crew decided to take it upon themselves to save the big plants in that way, took them all weekend and about a half dozen 40 mile roundtrips. i would have told them to just chop and use any of the seed starts i had going. but my friend was really sentimental about a few of the seeds we had going, which i can't argue about since they were pretty rare.

we ended up only re-planting 5 of them anyways, the rest went into 45s and are just gonna be flipped in a quick light dep, because like milky said the auxin/cytokin ratio is fucked up, i can tell most of them are not root dominant at this point and need to just get flipped, i dont think they would push into august with as much health as a younger start. most of my 400s have fresher starts that are younger, mix of seedlings and gorilla glue clones.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Yes Prop...you can always prune Butte style, 6-8 inches off every growing tip. That will shut auxin production down for a while and let cytokinins catch up. Lots of kelp will help...or Coot's corn seed sst.

Latest posts

Latest posts