What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Mad Lab

Screws this is tuolumne county right?

You mentioned keeping it very low-key, do most growers not go very big there? Looking at a property but unsure because i can't find many gardens on googlearth.

SmellyFlorist

Yeah, I find it easier to find a solutions to others problems, specially in the morning... then when I do finalllllly get going on the "list" I realise its merely a prelude to the other lists... which contain their own individual preludes... 'lifes short no time for talk....' heyyyy wasnt that you... yeah being uninterested isnt gonna help much, but what the fuck do I know, Im in Africa...:dance013:

milkyjoe

Veteran
DSC_0019.jpg

50 mph gusts pretty much for 12 straight hours Sat.

Some silica...meh
Some Ca......meh
Supporting the plant like Tom Hill showed me yrs ago...motherfuckin priceless

Buddhist people can go about the toughest and most menial tasks with grace and bliss. I think about this every day, not that I am any shining example, but it gives me something to meditate on when there's a lot to do. I do things one thing at a time and if I need to take a break or a siesta I do it. Some days you just gotta slam for 14 hours but it's all good because not every day will be that way. The more you do today the less you have to do tomorrow. Good coffee good food and good medicine make hard work worth it for me. Not to mention the freedom of working for yourself. The memories of the times when you didn't should be enough motivation to get your ass out of bed and go. Get enough sleep so you don't feel drowsy. Find the rhythm that works for you. The best part about working alone is you can say you did it all yourself. You gain the knowledge and experience of trial amd error. If you are getting burned out work your way toward a position where you can have people work for you. Lots of people want to learn the biz, no better way than putting them to work on the farm.

On the topic of work becoming overwhelming..

I think everyone that takes pride in their work and takes no shortcuts can feel where your coming from. I've found music/pandora helps a ton, get yourself some good headphones and zone out to some music well in the garden. If your into sports, iradio app has sports staion from all over America.

For outdoor harvest been looking into the trimpal. Well quality may drop a little, getting a month of my life back is a good trade. Last fall, I didn't sleep for a month, and started getting white hair and shit, stressing on getting everything down and put away.

Lastly, my newest trick when I'm thinking of all the shit I can put off for a day, or wanting to take a break. I remind myself "Resting is for Bitches" LOL.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
On the topic of work becoming overwhelming..

I think everyone that takes pride in their work and takes no shortcuts can feel where your coming from. I've found music/pandora helps a ton, get yourself some good headphones and zone out to some music well in the garden. If your into sports, iradio app has sports staion from all over America.
i listen to podcasts when i work usually. makes it easier, almost like you're with friends

maxmurder

Veteran
But it's hard to stay interested when it's work said:
groundhog day motherfucker hahahah everyday same chores, have to look at the phone to make sure what day it is. it would be nice if you just push the pause button one day a week and the plants would stop growing and needing any attention from you...
still better than most work tho:biggrin:

epicorchard

You watering once or twice a day in this heat. My plants are drooping around 5pm when I water. As soon as the son sets and plants are out of direct light , they begin to perk back up. They look real healthy, but I think they're getting adjusted to the sudden heat.

mofoo

You watering once or twice a day in this heat. My plants are drooping around 5pm when I water. As soon as the son sets and plants are out of direct light , they begin to perk back up. They look real healthy, but I think they're getting adjusted to the sudden heat.

ive been giving mine a little sip before the sun really gets hot aroun 8 am and then another dose around 12 and that seems to help them throughout the day. mine perk as soon as the sun stops beating on them. :dance013: good luck

whoops also forgot to say the pots with 2 inch perlite on top stay wetter and puts up with the heat longer then the ones with out.

Latest posts

Latest posts