What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Bo Hasset

Dude, if you're relying on "boosters" to grow your plant, then save yourself a lot of trouble now and just go straight to Grow-More's 0-50-30... it's the same thing as Kool Bloom is the same this as Sonic Bloom is the same thing as Beastie Bloomz and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

If you're going to load you're herb up on phosphates and mystery crystals so as to make it completely unpalatable and chem-fried, then there's no point in taxing yourself more paper than is really needed.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I dont smoke. All my trimmers were taking dabs and conned me into one. I didnt know a person could get that high from weed. They all talk about it to this day. I'm a big muscular dude so it looked even more ridiculous while I was pacing back and forth around the room asking if I was gonna be alright.

It reminded me of when I got on the viper roller coaster as a little kid..no turning back and this is gonna be nothin nice.
if you have a low tolerance then dabs are probably not necessary. Ive seen people get high to the point of throwing up, hallucinating, passing out. always funny

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Today i watered the 800's for the first time since the plants went in. everything looks good, there is lots of new growth and they were tracking the sun all day.

Ancient OG:
bXmFRyal.jpg

Afkansastan x Snow Lotus:
nvEse8Hl.jpg

vegetation:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I saved a few males to flower now indoors, i want to collect pollen to knock up my biggest/best females this year. will be nice to have my own seeds for next year, and to share

males plants saved:

2x Ancient OG
1x Love Triangle (biggest/healthiest out of all 100+ seed starts)
1x Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

going to put them in 15gal smarties with vermifire and flower them immediately in a 1kw grow tent. How many weeks of 12/12 does it take for male plants to produce pollen?

epicorchard

I saved a few males to flower now indoors, i want to collect pollen to knock up my biggest/best females this year. will be nice to have my own seeds for next year, and to share

males plants saved:

2x Ancient OG
1x Love Triangle (biggest/healthiest out of all 100+ seed starts)
1x Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

going to put them in 15gal smarties with vermifire and flower them immediately in a 1kw grow tent. How many weeks of 12/12 does it take for male plants to produce pollen?

So how exactly are you going to keep pollen off of your main season plants? Sounds like some sensi suicide to me. The good news for is after you de-seed your packs we can make some great shatter so people can throw up and pass out.

O

Oakhills

Be careful with the pollen, even if you're collecting it in a month or so when they can be dropping ounces of pollen. It can get all over your clothes and transfer to the main garden easy enough. You do have time to do some research though. I keep my males several miles away.

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
3 weeks into 12/12 is the fastest I've seen a male start dropping pollen.

Start looking into how you are going to collect it and keep it from getting everywhere.

I'm doing the same thing with a male BBHashplant and Red Eye Jedi. They're 2+ weeks into 12/12 under a t5. Can't wait to dust up some cookies, gg4, sfv, dogwalker, cherry, durban etc.

Wish I'd gotten a good AncientOG male. The females look amazing.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
vv
So how exactly are you going to keep pollen off of your main season plants? Sounds like some sensi suicide to me.

If i flip the males now then they should be done before the outdoors really even starts to flower. Also i am keeping them isolated indoors in a tent. I was hoping to collect pollen and save it to dust a few of my full season branches. If that is too risky then i can wait until the season is over and flower some females indoors just to make seeds . I figured my full fseason girls needed to be budding before they could get knocked up

Be careful with the pollen, even if you're collecting it in a month or so when they can be dropping ounces of pollen. It can get all over your clothes and transfer to the main garden easy enough. You do have time to do some research though. I keep my males several miles away.
How do outdoor growers make their own seeds without knockin up the whole garden? I dont have another spot to keep my males.

Stay downwind if planting outdoor a good distance away. Wear separate clothes (get a 30$ beekeeper suit and moonwalk in it)
Put an inline fan w carbon scrubber for neg pressure in your tent and to catch and filter pollen which is viable 2wks after dropping.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Stay downwind if planting outdoor a good distance away. Wear separate clothes (get a 30$ beekeeper suit and moonwalk in it)
Put an inline fan w carbon scrubber for neg pressure in your tent and to catch and filter pollen which is viable 2wks after dropping.

what's the risk?

can the flowering males inside pollinate the vegging females outside in july? I've pulled males from my garden in july no problem but they werent flowering like they would be indoors

or, is there risk of pollenating my whole outdoor garden by accident if i try to dust a few lower branches in late summer/fall? and if not, then what is the best time in the season to do that?

It's way more a problem when they are flowering and loaded with pistils. I've heard of people having them side by side with no problems at that time. I go the better safe than sorry route for peace of mind. In harsh conditions plants can appear pollinated to the untrained eye.

I might be wrong but I believe a plant pollinated in veg becomes only hermi at that node unlike in late flower (wk 5/6) where it converts the whole plant. If this isn't right let me know this year was the first year I ran all seeds and have a lot to learn about breeding still.

Last edited:
sup.

how much per day are you planning to spend on new seeds ?

@ 15minutes per strain 8hrs =30+ strains x 7 days a week = 200 every 3months and does not change with plant or light count or employee number .

what swerve did when he made his seeds was join the other team and change the numbers by employee count .

^ The fuck??? Lol

And anyways I think your fine with the pollen as long as everything is done being collected and cleaned up by mid July, but I would take a few of the necessary precautions that were stated in previous comments just to be safe Even when the males are inside i would still be cautious. And I am pretty sure water sterilizes pollen, I could be wrong tho.

Are you just gonna take clones from all Ur girls outside and pick your favorites at the end of the year? Then flower and pollinate the selected females indoors with the pollen you collected??

HillBilly1

Veteran
Turkey bags with a vile of dust wrap bag
around your branch tie off bags open vile
Wait a day pop bag and mist inside to kill off
The dust.. Get a spray bottle of water and
One with rubbing alcohol to spray yourself
Down when in contact with male to kill
The viability of the dust.. No fans running to
Blow unwanted dust around..

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
vv

If i flip the males now then they should be done before the outdoors really even starts to flower. Also i am keeping them isolated indoors in a tent. I was hoping to collect pollen and save it to dust a few of my full season branches. If that is too risky then i can wait until the season is over and flower some females indoors just to make seeds . I figured my full fseason girls needed to be budding before they could get knocked up

How do outdoor growers make their own seeds without knockin up the whole garden? I dont have another spot to keep my males.

I have some simple suggestions for making seeds without pollinating your crop.

Fresh pollen is always the best option. You can keep your males in the woods a good distance away from your garden and shouldn't have to worry about pollinating your crop.

You can continually cut back the male plants flowers throughout the season until your ready to collect pollen to use on your girls. Once your male is root bound in a pot it will most likely start flowering soon. Put them in 12 gallon pots or so to prevent them from flowering too early and cut them back as needed.

Because they will flower so early you'll get a good look at their flower and branch structure, smells, and pollen production.
You can keep a few males of one strain and learn a lot from them before you decide which you choose to keep for making seeds.

When your females are ready to be pollinated cut a piece of a blooming male flower into a long thing paper bag like a bottle of wine comes in.

Wait till a part of the day when their is low wind in your garden.

Prep a lower branch on the desired female by removing all the fan leaves exposing mostly the flowers. Carefully slip the paper bag with the fresh pollen over the female branch. Close tight around the bottom of the bag, hold it on tight and give it a shake.

You can carefully remove the bag right away but your results might be better by leaving it on a few hours and shaking it a few more times.

If your worried about additional pollen blowing around, spray the surrounding branches with water to neutralize the pollen. Spray the pollinated branches 48 hours later if your really worried about it.
I've never had a problem with this method and have made A LOT of seeds this way.

I still keep some males from spring planting to make seeds on stand out plants branch by branch, although I now do a summer seed planting just for breeding and open pollinate in enclosed areas.

Making seeds is fun and with a good sense of observation and good starting genetics anyone should be able to have their own quality seeds stock and never need to buy seeds again, unless it's for fun cause you want some new genetics to try.

Make some seeds Schrews!

vv

Shit shcrews I missed this post of yours it answers my question about what Ur plans are.

Hillbilly has the answer, after tying the Turkey bag around the selected branches, pollinating and waiting a day just make sure when U pop the bag it's a small hole that U can just push the spray nozzle thru and spray like your crop depends on it lol.

Even tho it's a proven method it seems like a unnecessary risk if you can just do it indoors after the outdoor is finished, plus if u do it indoors after the outdoor is done you can choose your favorite females (a long as you take clones of all your girls in the outdoor garden) and breed those instead of wasting time on making guesses as to which of this years strains and their phenos produce the traits you want, finish time, flavor, mildew and bud rot resistance, yield...etc, start the road to survival of shcrews fittest lol.

I do know there's more to it than that, as u already know finding killer males is extremely important, but it's a good start when making your own seeds

Bradley_Danks

Veteran
what's the risk?

can the flowering males inside pollinate the vegging females outside in july? I've pulled males from my garden in july no problem but they werent flowering like they would be indoors

or, is there risk of pollenating my whole outdoor garden by accident if i try to dust a few lower branches in late summer/fall? and if not, then what is the best time in the season to do that?

Waiting into July to flower males is cutting it close. I was gonna do that but I shyed away from it after finishing pollen collecting in late may. Just not worth it for me cus I'm running some "fast versions" that are suppose to start flowering in July. Most strains at 45 lat I notice start flowering in august. Stay clear...maybe 2 weeks of flowering to stay safe.

There's gonna always be some risk dusting them. Best bet set up a hoop house and breed in the spring or fall, before or after, your sensimilla crop. Else set up a dedicated outdoor patch far away from your main crop, down wind, for outdoor breeding.

Another option, he man it and learn to pollinate branches on your main crop. Perfect the turkey bag and vile method. Spray the branches down real good. Pray for no incidents.💪👍

Latest posts

Latest posts