What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
The best peat is Premier Pro Moss TBK or Emerald either ones .....NO way it is 100+ a yard when you get 200 cubic ft+ per skid...!

Daylight robbery!! Just speaks to the ethics of the people who put the mix together!!

theJointedOne

Veteran
IMO the key to watering seedlings and young plants, especially those in containers, is to give them as much water as they need, not letting them dry out but never soaking the soil either (besides the obvious initial wetting of medium before transplant, that shouldn't be more than just moist either though)

Just give them what there roots want, and a little more as incentive to reach down a little more. Like if you have to water them each day, not as good as every other day, but far better than every fourth day...ha..does that make sense?

I'm sitting at million dollar view just puffed some cinex hash and am rabbling. Cheers

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
wreackingball I'm not in the mood to address your rambling comments. i have plenty of pics of my grows in gallery and sprinkled throughout the forums. where are your pics?

you like to get real nitpicky dont you. big deal….i told schrews 2 days from the farm was a recipe for dried out stressed plants NOT SEEDLINGS. when he posted pics of his veg plants and they were little babies i realized its not a terrible thing to let them dry a bit, its better than overwatering your new seedlings and they never grow to their full potential with a soggy root zone.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I watered the babies a lot today, i might have overwatered but i doubt it because it was about 3 days and the weather is really hot and dry

Calidude

i like how you call me wreakingball and use the quote button :biggrin: but that is the issue i had with your wording because you were like they are going to die then you were all like that helps them not die . its not a pm when you post in public forum. you have no idea what the climate is like at his location. over watering is dumb to do with soil . that line of thought only works if your a commercial grower and he is obviously not one those. or he would not be making his own pots and bragging about taking acid lmao . its hella fun to get your self kicked out of those social groups cause then you dont have to worry about rides in air planes getting you death threats for sharing pics or stories about other peoples grows that took life times to build . essentially every grow op takes a life time to build .

<drunk.
I have no clue what is being said and I am not going to try. But I will laugh. LFMAO.:laughing::laughing:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
How many of those Blue Dream x Mr Nice did you pop?

Man!! Going to be some thick frosty awesome ladies in there
just one pack so i guess 10 or 11 seeds
lookin good bra, hope that blue dream x ghash is a lady
see above. i should end up with at least a few ladies

i think crosses like that do best where i'm at . big stretchy female and a strong male .. same concept with the Ancient OG i think.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I watered the babies a lot today, i might have overwatered but i doubt it because it was about 3 days and the weather is really hot and dry

When watering, keep in mind the goal is to evenly saturate (not soak) the medium where there are roots.
It's easy to over water small seedlings, they don't use very much even with warm temps.
Increase the water as the plants and their roots grow.
Too much water water logs your soil and prevents oxygen from getting to the roots and leads to all kinds of problems.

Hope they are looking good.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
two very different Afkansastan x Snow Lotus:

hcvXTCil.jpg

dW301j6l.jpg

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Narrow leaf one looks good. I'd be shooting for all narrow leaf stuff...

I'm going to bust a bunch of Haze x DC F2 and search for a super early one indoors and then spray that one down with Chemdog pollen...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Narrow leaf one looks good. I'd be shooting for all narrow leaf stuff..
yah that sounds like you , haha. I dont mind a 7-8lb indica bush, not everyting needs go be 10+

i think the broad leaf leans more toward the Afkansastan, and that is kind of what we are interested in.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Super hard to average 7-8 on a bunch of plants. It's more realistic to think you're going to average 5.

Well anyway even if they're 8.5 vs 7 lbs and you have 24 plants that's an extra 36 units...Pretty significant if you ask me.

Are you in this as a business or are you a stoner trying to smoke? If it's the latter, just grow in your closet and get a job. If this is your job, treat it like one.

Ran out of room in my non dep green house, so I covered a carport today. Took me and a buddy less than 3 hours.

When did you start your stuff? I started mine at the end of March...Basically the first week of April coming up above ground.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
just set up a carport yesterday as well…took us only an hour for a 10x20. and it was only $200 bucks….id feel kind of weird having my seedlings out exposed like that in the cold right now, temps kind of dropped back down into the 50s at night up here after that little heat wave. plus you can drop supp lights on them too….i echo BYF that its something that is easy cheap and should be done to maximize your chances for a successful season.

also the NorTech Gold compost just got here, $20 bucks a yard, got 100 yards dropped off for 2400 after delivery lol. its basically what vermicrop uses as their base compost. can't beat that price!

grow nerd

Veteran
I got a carport designed to be used as a greenhouse with white cover (ShelterLogic greenhouse), but it see like it's not transmitting anywhere near enough light. Feels almost like growing in the shade of a white umbrella.

Was originally planning on doing a DIY PVC hoop house with "clear" poly. Due to strong winds sometimes ripimg the cover off, I decided to go with the boxed greenhouse aka carport with white cover.

Pretty disappointed so far.

I got my clones last week of April because I wasn't sure whether I was going to do anther outdoor this year.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I grew some stuff in a 10x10 shelter logic last year...Don't worry about it seeming like it's blocking too much light. It's fine for getting your stuff going.

Latest posts

Latest posts