What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Byf: does the temp in ur GH even out with the outside overnight? Mine is fairly well insulated, with my lil buddy heater I keep it 50+, without it the temp will be within a few degrees of outside air by midnight.

Schrews- I'm just north of u at higher elevation, looking like 7-10 days of nice weather for me so should be same for u.

It stays about 10 degrees warmer. My floor absorbs heat all day and radiates it back out at night. I've gone outside with 25 degree outside air temps and had all my plants in the green house pointing towards the sun.

I used to be in to heaters and shit but I realized I'm just making my plants weak by coddling them ...One year I kept the GH in the high 60s then plugged and it was 35 , they were like NOPE!!

It's all about acclimating them to the outdoors...there's no heater in the field

This is my last season outdoor , next year we will be 100% greenhouse. In all my ganja fields I'll be planting stone fruits

bobblehead

Veteran
I did mine hella cheap. I just drove some t posts into the ground around my soil bed and used pvc for the roof. Held together by zip ties. I need to replace some that broke over the winter, but the whole thing didn't fall over. I just use plain old painters plastic. I might be able to afford greenhouse film this year.

I'm just saying if byf is offering you the materials for free... take a day, smoke some j's, and get it. You can dig holes later while plants are safe and protected in their half-way house.

You're gonna do great either way i'm sure... we just wanna see you do more better.

Attachments

• 2015-04-26 12.30.12.jpg
    2015-04-26 12.30.12.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 18
  • 2015-04-26 12.29.40.jpg
    2015-04-26 12.29.40.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 19
is all about acclimating. I've got half of my starts in a shade tent and the other ones in a hoop house but I pull the plastic every warm day. The shade tent plants (plastic at night) look perfect and there growth is more noticeable and even. The ones that got sum blasted don't look quite as good
Byf - do you think that the plants get a big co2 release benefit from being closed up in a GH at night?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
That's what you got out of it buddy, if you read again you'll see that I'm talking about matching whatever climate you're going to grow in to the halfway house as much as possible while still protecting your plants.

It isn't beneficial to get them acclimated to a more temperate climate than they will grow in.

I hate shade cloth... I like enough base cations to promote robust photosynthesis ...

bobblehead

Veteran
lol funny story before I bought my truck...

I bought my first commercial dehuey, a drizair 200. I had no idea how big it was. At the time I was driving a lebaron convertible. I figured I'd just drop the top and put it in the back. Well nobody came out to help me load it. It weighs probably 100lbs and the size of a medium file cabinet. I forgot to put all the windows down and I ended up smashing one of them. But I got the dehuey in, got it home, and never had another humidity issue. Ordered a new window from the junk yard. After that I knew it was time for a truck.

MountZionCollec

Byf- very cool on the heat from the floor, what is the material u used? I just have gravel & chicken wire so not really getting that type of heat release.

Maybe u boys aren't familiar with a "lil buddy" but it ain't much of a coddler, it's only 9000btu and JUST keeps it 10-15 degrees warmer at night. I'm guessing ur nighttime temp is similar to mine lately ~40 degrees so we should be pretty comparable on nightly temp in the GH if yours is 10 degrees warmer.

My Temperatures June-September daytime 60-95, nighttime 48-65 unless their is a storm, so I feel like I'm right on the money as far as assimilation without stressing my youngins.

First year with a greenhouse and SO much less stressing. Not worried about bullshit like wind knocking my shit over or weather turning bad or animals. I'm lovin it.

BYF in the future move to all greenhouse are u going hi tech larger GH's or tunnels?

I'm doing hillbilly tunnels. I'm using 10' Tposts, 1" PVC, heavy duty clamps, lots of strong tape, and using these 50' wide 100' long overwintering plastic. In my location even until mid October the weather is very dry and nice, unless a storm is coming so I'm just going to wrap them up before bad weather to ensure no rain on the buds. Not lettin that happen ever again.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
lmmfao . im twisting it . wtf is a high energy plant :biggrin: your talking bout og kush right ? what he is chasing does not come from growing i aint twisting shit ive just watched him post like that since the advanced nutrient forumz and its slowing him down which is slowing me down because i copy him .

High energy plants are plants that have enzyme systems that are actively functioning and have the 'correct' and I quote that correct because, really, as long as you give them enough or even just slightly more than enough, amount of minerals they'll take off..l..especially with a strong biological colony that you're constantly feeding fats and protein ....if they don't have enough minerals they won't function right on an enzymatic level which is the key to all life..enzymes..not from a bottle but the ones naturally produced by living things. You can't ever fully copy me because I leave out key details that connect the entire picture..You're stuck in a Fun House you made around yourself

math .
Context,
So I've had plants out in a hoop house that was super ghetto built and i didn't put the end wall clip on good and so it slipped and the night air was coming in, 25 degrees that night, froze some stuff solid , basically topping some growth...But those plants grew to be huge..There were even pics of them on this site..They still did great...They took the hit and kept rolling. It wasn't the best thing they could have gone through but I still produced 80 units from that patch. It was Old Betsy.

Another time I plugged in mid may because I thought the weather was good, had a storm and when we have a clear day after a storm theres a severe temp plummet in my area , so another sub 30 degree night..No protection..."Lost" 13 out of 20 because I Pulled them, The 7 I left as experiments made 40 units of the BEST flowers I grew that year quality wise..It was Afwreck x Cherry Bomb..

hockey > basketball. 1point at a time is easier then 1-3 points at random.

I prefer Football ...6 points at a time with an opportunity for 1 extra point that's almost guaranteed or 2 extra points depending on if you want to go for an increased difficulty level ie., more effort/risk

Game over.
Insert 2 more coins to play again.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Byf- very cool on the heat from the floor, what is the material u used? I just have gravel & chicken wire so not really getting that type of heat release.

Maybe u boys aren't familiar with a "lil buddy" but it ain't much of a coddler, it's only 9000btu and JUST keeps it 10-15 degrees warmer at night. I'm guessing ur nighttime temp is similar to mine lately ~40 degrees so we should be pretty comparable on nightly temp in the GH if yours is 10 degrees warmer.
I'm familiar. I'm just trying to keep my stuff from freezing. That's all I care about. The day temps in the green house rise up so fast that as long as the green house isn't consistently getting below 40 I don't care...There's no heater in the field.

My Temperatures June-September daytime 60-95, nighttime 48-65 unless their is a storm, so I feel like I'm right on the money as far as assimilation without stressing my youngins.

It's hotter here and gets much colder in the fall and starts out colder as well in the spring.

First year with a greenhouse and SO much less stressing. Not worried about bullshit like wind knocking my shit over or weather turning bad or animals. I'm lovin it.

They're key.

BYF in the future move to all greenhouse are u going hi tech larger GH's or tunnels?

I'm doing hillbilly tunnels. I'm using 10' Tposts, 1" PVC, heavy duty clamps, lots of strong tape, and using these 50' wide 100' long overwintering plastic. In my location even until mid October the weather is very dry and nice, unless a storm is coming so I'm just going to wrap them up before bad weather to ensure no rain on the buds. Not lettin that happen ever again.

I have a non dep Rimol NorEaster that I use to start my veggies and ganja and my girlfriend grows her crop in and another NorEaster with a Total energy Group curtain system set up to black it out. When I move to all green house I'll get Conley's gutter connect , 96'x144' with triple ridge vent roll up side wall circulation fans wet wall and exhausts...I'll leave it non dep at first..and probably convert it to lights and black out when legalization happens and I can secure more funding and vertically integrate in to a dab bar/social lounge/art gallery

:tiphat:

sacramental

Man I'm digging your thread and getting tons of inspiration from you as always schrew. I'm fairly new to growing so let me first apologize for any noobish questions I might ask but I read on page 5 that you had problems from last year starting in coco then transplanting to soil? Well damn me cause I started my seeds around same time as yourself. (3/26 all the way through 4/13) damn cat keeps getting into them and F'ing shit up. Started in fox farms coco Loco mixed with their light warrior and some Scott's supersoil. Could you elaborate on what issues you ran into. I see what your saying bout the plants especially thriving in the coco though. Here are some of my ladies I got goin for their late may early June transplant. Got two fems goin called Tutankhamon from pyramid seeds showing strong signs of female. Supposably is a dwarf ak47 cross? Any of your plants showing sex yet?

Attachments

• 20150426_111148.jpg
    20150426_111148.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20150426_110521.jpg
    20150426_110521.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 17
  • 20150423_110335.jpg
    20150423_110335.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 16

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shcrews,I see why you like the ancient og mine are outpacing everything else and starting to pull away.Only thing trying to hang w/them are some greencrack x stardawg...good call:woohoo: