What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Lochinvar

dont give em a 2 footer. this is ag. i too, have the problem of enabling people to be lazy with their grow. just say no if it pisses you off. anyone can buy a black rose or tulip, doesent me they appriciate the work that has gone into it. but,.... it has been released into the universe. unless it is your creation, why should it matter?

dont be afraid to chuck them extras down the hillside...if you know what i mean.

Only on page 23, missed this years thread. However I thought I would mention something I noticed you had troubles with. Check out Dewalt 40v gear. I love my chainsaw and trimmer. Like you said, I hate having a project that needs to get done, and not being able to do it because my trimmer wont start. Expensive but the best.

jd123

yep. different people on both sides. takes a grower 3+ months to trim a single lb . takes a trimmer a few hours to trim one.

Why are you always bombarding threads with crazy nonsense? I haven't posted lately and just been popping in every so often but EVERY TIME I do theres another useless, gibberish post you've made.

I hate to even add to your crazy nonsense by responding to your ridiculous posts (because this will induce another meaningless gem) but its just too much. You need to get a new hobby besides fucking up A great thread. Damn.

Prop awesome pictures! Many of folk would have thrown in the towel. "It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward" Rocky would be proud of your season dawgy

Screws, I also noticed you drive an hour to find Jidiju (sp). Not sure how close you are to Sonora, but down town they also have jidiju. If you make it out this way, we should have lunch or something.

milkyjoe

Veteran
yep. different people on both sides. takes a grower 3+ months to trim a single lb . takes a trimmer a few hours to trim one.

Indoors one could actually see the toyota production system being applied...takt time, jidoka, heijunka. In fact it would be awesome once the bugs were worked out.

Outdoors...no real way around batch production...although one could use one pc flow for processing

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Why are you always bombarding threads with crazy nonsense? I haven't posted lately and just been popping in every so often but EVERY TIME I do theres another useless, gibberish post you've made
He's right though, growers grow and trimmers trim. Haha Cant we all get along

How does the Ancient do outdoors in terms of bud structure? Tight, larfy, oblong, round or hard?
There are a few different phenos that ive found. Look for the lemon/gasoline those are the winners. Not huge buds but they are everywhere, no dominant colas

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Somebody out there has a cut of ancient og. let that bad mofo out to the world.
I gave some moms to a friend but he let them die. Only have a pack of seeds, and some ancient OG pollen from a beast male
"I just hate when people let my babies die."

I get pissed when I give out a cut or seed plant and people don't water it or give it enough light. They always have some hair-brained excuse for letting it die when in fact, they just didn't bother to take care of it. These same people then beg for a two-footer when it is time to put them in the ground. Ain't gonna happen.
dont be afraid to chuck them extras down the hillside...if you know what i mean.
Sounds like yall have more plants and friends than me

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Screws, I also noticed you drive an hour to find Jidiju (sp). Not sure how close you are to Sonora, but down town they also have jidiju. If you make it out this way, we should have lunch or something.
cool, l'll be up there soon. Im in socal This week. I really need to meet some other growers, being antisocial gets hella old

Prop awesome pictures! Many of folk would have thrown in the towel. "It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward" Rocky would be proud of your season dawgy
this. Y4Prop always an inspiration

Indoors one could actually see the toyota production system being applied...takt time, jidoka, heijunka. In fact it would be awesome once the bugs were worked out.

Outdoors...no real way around batch production...although one could use one pc flow for processing
thats very interesting. How do you know so much?!

Dognponyshow

almost bought an 1/8th of ancient og in sac for 50$ but couldn't find the shop lol :biggrin:

every dispo in sac is complete garbage. regular heads puffing while walking down the street have better fire for cheaper. they do not test meds before serving at all & they accept random unvalidated lab printouts and publish em on wmaps. they do have lots of hot loose budtenders tho, so yay 4 that.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I use to implement the toyota system for corporate america...been in a lot of toyota plants. When cost gets real these methods will get important...or move on

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Hope everyone is getting there emerald cup tickets already, remember last year it sold out....

I'll be there on saturday, 12th. pm me if anyone wants to meet and smoke

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
almost time for a new 2016 thread. Hope everyone got their harvests done smoothly.

I'm still dealing with extract "artists" , next year i will probably just sell all my trim so i dont have to deal with those clowns. or maybe just do it backyardfarmer style, skip big-leafing and just throw away the trim. to me that's just throwing away money though..

Hope everyone is getting there emerald cup tickets already, remember last year it sold out....

I'll be there on saturday, 12th. pm me if anyone wants to meet and smoke

i'm down.

N

NewAgeGenetics

extract "artists" ! ehh LOL, sounds much like thief clowns.

almost time for a new 2016 thread. Hope everyone got their harvests done smoothly.

I'm still dealing with extract "artists" , next year i will probably just sell all my trim so i dont have to deal with those clowns. or maybe just do it backyardfarmer style, skip big-leafing and just throw away the trim. to me that's just throwing away money though..

i'm down.

You can skip big leafing and still process trim via the three bag system. More work for the trimmers but if people are doing over 3 a day who can complain. Right before breakdown into trays the big leafs get taken off by running the hands over the bud and the leafs just kinda snap off. Those go into one bag, the trim goes into another, and the buds into another. I've seen big weight get processed this way. Just have someone spend a day at the end going thru the trim manually removing any residual stems, and check the trimmers bags every day so they stay on it.

Also... compost tea is supposed to suppress the formation of PM.

orechron

No way does BYF toss his trim. Pretty sure he's running a closed loop system. The extract guys on average are a pain to deal with. They report X% yield one day then 3% less the next round with the same material, then they take 40-50%, what a joke.

I found a guy this year that charges a set fee per 2lb tube he runs ($250). Most of my material has around 15+% return, so I'm spending $250 to make $1400. Does about 20lbs/week and I couldn't be happier. Shcrews, you might be able to find someone that uses this pricing structure.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I found a guy this year that charges a set fee per 2lb tube he runs ($250). Most of my material has around 15+% return, so I'm spending $250 to make $1400. Does about 20lbs/week and I couldn't be happier. Shcrews, you might be able to find someone that uses this pricing structure.
thats the first i've heard of a flat rate like that. i'll have to ask around. The bho scene in cali is still pretty sketchy. finding a reliable/affordable "extract artist" is harder than it should be, especially with so many people running closed-loop systems 7 days a week. I'm too paranoid to deal with that personally though, makin shatter is super illegal still.

some of my trim got washed into bubble hash and i really like the melty stuff but the yield is lower and the quality varies depending on bag size. the low grade stuff can be pressed into rosin but it still doesnt equal the yield/value of good shatter.