What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

jd123

So when you purchase a truck from somebody (besides a dealership), you honestly think most people are reporting that? No fucking way..besides all that, there is no way on earth he'd be spending enough on a truck to get noticed. If he goes out an buys an 8k truck from a priavte seller off craigslist, nobody would notice or give a shit.

I dont know how big into the growing scene you are but I live in the mecca of outdoor growing so I see everybody. Every other grower is rolling in a new diesel truck or fresh sports car. Most of them own motorcycles, tractors, etc. Theres always a chance you could get popped...theres also a chance a tree could fall on me today. If you arent out spending some serious $, nobodys looking your way.

Mechanic shops run 75-100 an hour labor. Why wouldnt you just buy a truck that doesnt need a bunch of work....something that if you needed to go see a broker in, you'd feel fine driving with a few lbs, not worried your gonna break down.

I just cant understand why you'd want to inherit somebody elses piece of crap that needs $$$ put into it. Set yourself up for success, not failure.

So when you purchase a truck from somebody (besides a dealership), you honestly think most people are reporting that? No fucking way..besides all that, there is no way on earth he'd be spending enough on a truck to get noticed. If he goes out an buys an 8k truck from a priavte seller off craigslist, nobody would notice or give a shit.

I dont know how big into the growing scene you are but I live in the mecca of outdoor growing so I see everybody. Every other grower is rolling in a new diesel truck or fresh sports car. Most of them own motorcycles, tractors, etc. Theres always a chance you could get popped...theres also a chance a tree could fall on me today. If you arent out spending some serious $, nobodys looking your way.

Mechanic shops run 75-100 an hour labor. Why wouldnt you just buy a truck that doesnt need a bunch of work....something that if you needed to go see a broker in, you'd feel fine driving with a few lbs, not worried your gonna break down.

I just cant understand why you'd want to inherit somebody elses piece of crap that needs $$$ put into it. Set yourself up for success, not failure.

lol why would you want to get in that line of people ? shouldn't be using slang to justify a purchase your suppose to use those type of words for fun not to avoid trouble.

the guys spending 20k on trucks usually act funny around people with real money. only works if you can say its from selling weed and then it has to be nice regardless of the price you pay.

fuck buying a beater whatever that is.

redlaser

Veteran
I can see both sides of getting a truck, bought a new one fourteen years ago because mechanics is something I'd need to learn to do beyond oil and lube and filter and some other small stuff.

A compromise would be to get a used truck with lower miles, get it checked by a mechanic. Lower price and sales tax
Anything over 10,000 is suppose to be reported but there is an interesting loophole if you go to the IRS website, not sure how hard it can be tested.

For some reason if you wire part of the money as part of the transaction it doesn't need to be reported at all. The example they give on their website says if you wire 7k and bring a cashiers check for 4k the 7 doesn't need to be reported.

I'd be checking out some of these dealerships that talk about how it's harvest season and they have sales because of that. Couple around Chico, can't think of the name now.

Of course any dealer just wants a sale, money talks. Gotta go with someone your halfway confront able with.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
looked all over (including the Bohdi website) and cant fins any ancient OG beans... would love to run a few a packs are get a good clone,

:comfort:

share the love :tiphat:

So we agree, get a Toyota Tacoma.

Looking for a new/used truck myself. Toyota's are great, and run forever. However a diesel Dodge might be more in order. I want an extended bed, extended cab, 4x4, V8, with a wench and trailer. Tired of hauling soil/compost a yard and half at a time. That and my 2 wheel drive truck wont cut it in the winter. Want to also be able to haul farm equipment.

Did you decide on what kind of truck you might be getting Screws?

oti$

I think the Cummins diesel in a dodge is an I line 6cylinder. They are tried and true,however, and will pull anything and do it for years and years.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Did you decide on what kind of truck you might be getting Screws?

Not yet, ive been at the beach.. Will be in socal next week so i will look for something down there. Tacoma sounds good, ive driven them before. Idk much about diesel but that sounds good too.

Its kind of overwhelming , i hate making big decisions/commitments. My head is spinning Just from the last few posts. Plus I still havent even set up any indoors or hoophouses yet, just havent been in the right mindset. Maybe after thanksgiving...

I have some projects in mind but its hard to stay motivated when working by myself especially in the winter. I might just set up some flood tables indoors just to have something going, but i dont like that factory approach. But i do like having a winter garden. Hoophouse seems like too much work almost, and a lot of things that can go wrong

milkyjoe

Veteran
One more take...all the heavy lifting is done. Soil is in place, irrigation system and t posts at least on site. Sure you want a pick up some day but does it need to be right now?

Enjoy...you earned it

picture.php

reppin2c

Veteran
Ya the man can make his own decisions but on the other side of the coin is you gotta be mobile. I own a 93 toyota extended cab, it's not my daily but sits in wait for my son. I've made it work with a half ton gasser and load a pallet in a short bed. However if I see the right 1 ton when I drive thru town I'll trade my shit in. My buddy gas a 99 powerstroke he busts my balls about my lil truck then the weather got cold and I have to drive over and give him a jump lol poor guy