What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
A buddy got offered 1250 for some of his B/B+ grade, I recommended he ask 1450... They said they would look at it... He got his 1450.

Stop letting middlemen set prices. Its your herb, you set the price.

I just finished up one of our better ones, it will probably goto a local dispensary. Probably ask 17-18 but it will be labled as greenhouse grown cause its silly looking for outdoor... The club we usually sell to won't touch your product unless they can double up at least on each unit

N

NewAgeGenetics

A buddy got offered 1250 for some of his B/B+ grade, I recommended he ask 1450... They said they would look at it... He got his 1450.

Stop letting middlemen set prices. Its your herb, you set the price.
yes, 1450 usd for 454 gramm is an average price nowadays for outdoor weed. The funny thing that they will sell it around 10 usd / gramm in small amounts. this is the business... I think good dealers earns much better nowadays than good growers (with much less work). funny...

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
The ones that we got 1250 for the quality was there even though it could have gone 2 weeks longer, i got tired of pulling rot out and throwing shit away plus the mites got a hold of them. Crazy we had one plant that went just over 2 pounds and was only in a 15 gallon plastic container, that also could have gone 2 weeks but had lots of bud rot. it was burried with plenty of holes for drainage cause of gophers in the past

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
First post, love the motherlode garden. Got any picks of the blueberry hash plant before chop? When did it come down?

thanks , welcome to ICmag. Most of the BB Hashplants looked done by the end of september, but a couple went to mid-october. That strain has a pretty big harvest window it seems. The ones we chopped ~sept26th were very blue dream-ish. tested 27% thc though. I think i took a few pictures a week or two before chop, look through the thread.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hey Shcrews are you going to the emerald cup this year? This is a new account but you know my old handle well. When I can pm you I will.
yah i think i'm going. might enter some weed or some hash too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great work man.

I got some AOG X CP beans with your name on em.
you goin to emerald cup?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I paid for a large pack of testing at SC labs, and not sure if I made the right choice.....Steep Hill does harborside, and harborside wont accept SC labs. So I will have to wait for Harborside to test my product a second time.......

Do you like SC labs, and have you run into any troubles using them? I bought 25 full spectrum tests. 1600$

Also, how is that blueberry hashplant? I have heard nothing but good things. Yields? I am locking down next years genetics right now, and wondering if Blueberry hashplant will make the cut.

I dont order lab tests but if a club buys a few pounds from me they will usually get them tested before putting the herb on the shelves. Lab analysis thc% etc, is definitely a selling point but more so at the retail level. Sounds like harborside is making growers do that step.

I like SC Labs, i have a friend who works there as a lab tech. the dispensaries i deal with use them. But I am not qualified to objectively rank the technical precision of SC Labs vs Steephill, nor have i ever personally done business with either one.

BB Hashplant is a winner, great yield. big chunky frosty light-green rock-hard buds. Blue Dream dominates the cross, but the G13/HP dad seems to add potency and shorten flowering time. Not quite as stretchy as blue dream, but the buds are more dense and very thick. Might not be good for a humid climate, as the buds will get so big and dense they are bound to get botrytis before most other things.

leadsled

Excellent thread! Been lurking and watching this progress.
Saw a guy I know from kind peoples at calidepfest.
He gifted me some beans and a piece off the bottom of a nice big bud of blueberry hashplant he had. Nice job!

picture.php

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE> I was thinking about setting up a greenhouse but i dont want to pull tarp all winter, kind of want to get off the hill for a while..... I want to pull a couple harvests before next spring with minimal work, just to pay the bills and keep my grow skills from getting too rusty.

....exactly....2 :respect:

I have a giant list, and I will post it when I have time. Still chopping away at the moment. Off the top of my head:

Teaming with Microbes
Teaming with Nutrients by Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis
The Ideal Soil by Michael Astrea
The Cannabis Breeder's Bible by Greg Green
The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green
True Living Organics by The Rev
Adding Biology For Soil and Hydroponic Systems by Elaine R Ingham PH D and Carole Ann Rollins PH D
Gardening With Nature by Care Ann Rollings and Elaine Ingham
Eco Farm, An Acres USA Primer by Charles Walter (highly recommended)

These next ones are a little more advanced
Tuning into nature by Phillip Callahan
Mineral nutrition and plant disease by Lawrence E. Datnoff
Plant Physiology by Lincoln Tiaz
Plant Biology and Biotechnology: Volume II: Plant Genomics and Biotechnology by Bir Bahadur and Manchikatla Venkat Rajam
Organic Amendments and Soil Suppressiveness in Plant Disease Management (Soil Biology) by Mukesh K. Meghvansi and Ajit Varma

milkyjoe

Veteran
And the bible...mineral nutrtion in higher plants by horst marschner (probably spelled that wrong).

Edit...and a definite second on mineral nutrition and plant disease mentioned by 50

Don't forget Hemp Diseases and Pests

And the bible...mineral nutrtion in higher plants by horst marschner (probably spelled that wrong).

Edit...and a definite second on mineral nutrition and plant disease mentioned by 50

Yup and Yup. I was trying to find the book Milky recommended, the name slipped my mind. It for sure is the bible for explaining mineral nutrition, thanks for that Milky.

Where is @Leadsled, he would have some great book recommendations.

how does pricing effect the info in the books tho? or vice versa. if you mess up watering a few times does the other stuff really even matter?

what i mean is if you have pay x to get y and the numbers/odds come out the same each year and depend mostly on strain and plant count whats the point of reading the books. i never see people that have read the books comparing them like blue dream vs og kush or bubba. they always sell for the same price as people with the same name brand strains usually. which is confusing. plus they never post pics usually or do threads lol just drop info which is irrelevant to people that cant learn from that system :biggrin:

how does pricing effect the info in the books tho? or vice versa. if you mess up watering a few times does the other stuff really even matter?

what i mean is if you have pay x to get y and the numbers/odds come out the same each year and depend mostly on strain and plant count whats the point of reading the books. i never see people that have read the books comparing them like blue dream vs og kush or bubba. they always sell for the same price as people with the same name brand strains usually. which is confusing. plus they never post pics usually or do threads lol just drop info which is irrelevant to people that cant learn from that system :biggrin:

Remember that old adage knowledge is power? Some human beings like to learn and expand their knowledge base regardless of any dollar/yield amount attached. The reason people don't compare what books they've read vs the strains they grow is that they're two totally different things.

Remember that old adage knowledge is power? Some human beings like to learn and expand their knowledge base regardless of any dollar/yield amount attached. The reason people don't compare what books they've read vs the strains they grow is that they're two totally different things.

i meant the pricing part. person that reads the books and understands them could essentially end up getting lower "tickets" then the person who didn't read shit and just has a better climate and runs miracle grow and blue dream.

redlaser

Veteran
i meant the pricing part. person that reads the books and understands them could essentially end up getting lower "tickets" then the person who didn't read shit and just has a better climate and runs miracle grow and blue dream.

Ever see that cat you use to have anymore?

Latest posts

Latest posts