What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
thats silly 4+pounds a day they must be carving the shit out of your buds? what do you pay your trimmers per pound?
nothing like a good trimjob. i pay 150 per lb. plus one meal per day. Also unlimited gourmet coffee, and all the weed , dry sift, hash and bho they can smoke
I would be looking hard through that guys trim bins, I couldn't believe some the buds I found in mine last winter.
when i read this i went through some trim and you're right, there were some decent sized buds in there. so i told the trimmers to get everything bigger than a nickel and its been looking good since then. one fellow did 5.4 pounds yesterday, littles and all
Yow! Dudes don't play! Unfortunately for them, you cannot legally execute unarmed trespassers.
yah only the cops are allowed to do that. the state has a monopoly on violence (German: Gewaltmonopol des Staates), it's an old and slightly interesting sociological phenomenon

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i said it in 2014 but i will say it with vengeance this year….no more full season for me in 2016, I'm just sick of it. I love growing large plants, i just hate cramming such a huge harvest and trim scene into one month. i look forward to staggered harvests, smaller crews, less trimmers, and the ability to be out of the market during the flood.
That sounds sweet. i'm definitely interested in what you have in the works.

I may be wrong but setting up a decent size year-round environmental controlled auto-dep greenhouse seems pretty impossible to me right now. I've never set up anything like that, although i guess there are companies who will set it up for you if you buy one? But I would need to upgrade my electrical service, and i dont even own my property im just renting so that would be silly. Even if i bought this place, there isn't much flat space with full sun. mostly steep rocky hillside. I really dont know anything at all about that stuff but it just seems like i would probably need to find a better property for that, but i am probably not at that level yet. still working solo, self taught

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Tell that to my wife. Decent looking? The only time she cares about what I am looking at on the internet is when a picture of Shcrews comes up without his shirt on......asshole! lol.:tiphat:
:laughing::laughing:

4.9! Impressive. I am most impressed by last years unamended soil. No teas or top dressing, just water for year two?
yah thats right i reused my dirt from last year, no amendments , teas, foliars, or topdress. I am very pleased with the results but things were far from perfect, in particular the twisting/stunting that occured in early summer, and the onset of Powder Mildew on quite a few plants in september. I plan to get my soil tested soon and do what is recommended to get it ready for next year. Also i think next season i will start a foliar regimen, probably at least some calcium to help prevent PM. I have a lot of reading to do between now and then

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
On a lighter note, what is your personal favorite Bodhi strain? Just picked up some Blueberry hashplant and dream beaver!
Bodhi has too many strains to pick a favorite because i could never grow them all. Of the ones i've grown , my favorite is and always will be Ancient OG. unfortunately those seeds are out of production. Everything i've grown from Bodhi has been great. Snow Leopard, Heaven Mountain, Dream Beaver, Sky Lotus, Blueberry hashplant, Stardawg Goji, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Solo's Stash, Wookie.

Snow Leopard was the most surprising. Highly recommend that one if you are looking for something unique and extremely potent

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Screws, you need a holding tank for your water with a booster pump as well. I fully understand what your system is, and the pressure tank helps. However, with only 150 pressure tank, it goes quick.
everything works fine now that they replaced everything. I think i'm on a good aquifer.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

any plant pics and dry bud pics of the snow leopard and beaver by any chance.? cheers

Last edited:

milkyjoe

Veteran
:laughing::laughing:

yah thats right i reused my dirt from last year, no amendments , teas, foliars, or topdress. I am very pleased with the results but things were far from perfect, in particular the twisting/stunting that occured in early summer, and the onset of Powder Mildew on quite a few plants in september. I plan to get my soil tested soon and do what is recommended to get it ready for next year. Also i think next season i will start a foliar regimen, probably at least some calcium to help prevent PM. I have a lot of reading to do between now and then

A little starter article....www.novacropcontrol.nl/en/nieuws/25...uge-impact-on-pest-and-disease-susceptibility

Congrats and really nice job. Respect

Ca to prevent PM?

Test your gear at logan labs. Understand Micheal Astrea's and William Albrecht work. Best advice I could ever give. Hit me up if you need a good reading list over the winter. I got about 15 books to re-read and another 10 new ones.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
That sounds sweet. i'm definitely interested in what you have in the works.

I may be wrong but setting up a decent size year-round environmental controlled auto-dep greenhouse seems pretty impossible to me right now. I've never set up anything like that, although i guess there are companies who will set it up for you if you buy one? But I would need to upgrade my electrical service, and i dont even own my property im just renting so that would be silly. Even if i bought this place, there isn't much flat space with full sun. mostly steep rocky hillside. I really dont know anything at all about that stuff but it just seems like i would probably need to find a better property for that, but i am probably not at that level yet. still working solo, self taught

not impossible, you dont need to spring for fancy forever flowering or conleys GHs, read my thread in the GH forum about the pricy options versus the cheaper ones i used.

with all the bans and code enforcement i think fancy GHs are a huge gamble, i would only build one if i knew for sure my permits and county was in order.

just set up some cheap cold frame GHs, kits can run as low as 2-3k. pay a labor crew another 2-3k. then pull tarps every day and your set.

fwiw, my auto dep GH run about 20k, with labor of around 5k. so 25k to set up a 80ft greenhouse that can yield at least 50-60lbs per pull. we are running 50amps to each to power the 120v fans, etc. and gonna install Epap lighting hooked to generators.

and shit you can always just go the cheapest route and set up a PVC greenhouse for like 1000 bucks, and just pull tarp over it. thats what 75% of growers in the triangle are doing..

Hit me up if you need greenhouse info. I got steered in the WAY WRONG direction at first by BackYardHomo, and am glad to steer you in the right direction. I have a very good relationship with the guys at Farmtek, and have build several of their greenhouses now. Anything from a proper hoop house to a fully automated greenhouse.

@Yes4Prop215 Large greenhouses are easy to permit. You just have to have them engineered. Anything that is over 6' tall, or has a foundation needs a permit, period. I am working on a 70k full auto unit from Farmtek right now, and just starting the permit process. Sweet as heck.

I also permitted my large greenhouse, and a buddies greenhouse that is 30w x 200l x 17 high.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
it all depends on county when it comes to permits. I've actually found that butte county has not been requiring permits on engineered cold frame or real GH kits, without a permanent concrete foundation. but if you have a PVC house, or you are running an obvious electrical run to the GH, then they will hit you with permit violations.

i was expecting them to red tag my entire property but they didn't….and a buddy who got hit hard this year by compliance got permit violations on everything on his property EXCEPT his engineered greenhouse.

it all depends on county when it comes to permits. I've actually found that butte county has not been requiring permits on engineered cold frame or real GH kits, without a permanent concrete foundation. but if you have a PVC house, or you are running an obvious electrical run to the GH, then they will hit you with permit violations.

i was expecting them to red tag my entire property but they didn't….and a buddy who got hit hard this year by compliance got permit violations on everything on his property EXCEPT his engineered greenhouse.

I don't fully understand how they consider any structure to be against code, when you haven't pulled a new permit. That is called "existing non conforming." It's in the national code book. I wonder if growers are just dumb, and don't know this. Or if the code enforcers have legislated some new law that makes this legal.....Any idea how they get away with red tagging anything without being invited on the property? It's a clear violation of the 10th amendment.

When the inspector was out at my property, he tried to go look at my pool set up. I told him, hey, the permitted job is over here. Everything else is existing non conforming, and he turned around and left everything else alone.

Sorry to keep blowing up your thread. Hope everything is going better than expected for you.

hummingone

Hi shrews, you've inspired me to try some more Bohdi strains next year. This year I tried love dog, letting them ride a little longer. I'm wondering what phenos to look for in the beginning when they're sexing. Mainly the Appalachia and snow lotus crosses. Thanks for the show!

packerfan79

Veteran
Schrews have you tried the goji og? I'm hoping to a pack soon.I assume that I will be happy with them, I have seen nothing but good things from bodhi. I want to get some of the ghost cross to. We had a great cut of ghost og but it got lost when things went to hell at my bro in laws operation.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I don't fully understand how they consider any structure to be against code, when you haven't pulled a new permit. That is called "existing non conforming." It's in the national code book. I wonder if growers are just dumb, and don't know this. Or if the code enforcers have legislated some new law that makes this legal.....Any idea how they get away with red tagging anything without being invited on the property? It's a clear violation of the 10th amendment.

When the inspector was out at my property, he tried to go look at my pool set up. I told him, hey, the permitted job is over here. Everything else is existing non conforming, and he turned around and left everything else alone.

Sorry to keep blowing up your thread. Hope everything is going better than expected for you.

welcome to the sierra foothills and their new code enforcement battle…they are gaining access to properties through fake inspection warrants. they are issuing violations for stuff as petty as extension cords. however they are so backlogged that we havent heard from them in months. they didn't red tag my GH but they made a fuss about it requiring "fire proof plastic" lol….

oh and they wanted me to spend thousands of dollars to cut a second entrance into my shop building, and frame and build a whole new 2nd door so that a small 50sq ft growing area was childproof. all BS, so i walked out and havent heard from them since.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
all the trimmers are gone, everything is finished now i am here alone again. I finally got caught up on some sleep today and now am cleaning the house and gettin ready for the offseason. almost doubled last years yield, and with no partners/help this time. now just have to get rid of it.

Some is gone already, a couple of my friends have been brokering 5 and 10 packs for me during harvest. I was giving them everything at 13 just because i couldnt leave so they did all the driving and i needed some quick money to pay the trimmers, but i think I might try and ask for a couple more points for the nicer things that i held on to. For some reason i always feel like i'm selling myself short, and not just in growing

I was thinking about setting up a greenhouse but i dont want to pull tarp all winter, kind of want to get off the hill for a while. Probably will end up doing an indoor grow in my garage, something with pumps on timers so i dont have to be here everyday. I want to pull a couple harvests before next spring with minimal work, just to pay the bills and keep my grow skills from getting too rusty.

Ca to prevent PM?
maybe i'm way off base, but i thought i read something about a lack of calcium causing weak cell walls which are more prone to fungal infection? thought this was why so many guys on here spray with ca-25 or albion calcium.. of course balance is key but i could swear i remember that, maybe from the outdoor thread. Tom Hill called calcium the forgotten macronutrient

i want 2016 to be the my best season yet. thank you very much for all the info you've been posting . Soil tests will be done soon and then i will probably post them here for more input

not impossible, you dont need to spring for fancy forever flowering or conleys GHs, read my thread in the GH forum about the pricy options versus the cheaper ones i used.
thank you for the info, as always. hope your season is finishing nicely, its been a bumpy ride but with your skills and heart it looks like you handled it like a pro. I'm still working to get to your level , All the stuff that you and the other outdoor guys post is incredibly helpful but its tough being a one man show with lazy ass friends. would be nice to know a guy with just some basic construction skills to help me build the things i have in my head, or just one fuckin good outdoor grower to help me get the garden super on-point, but the community out here is nonexistant

would be nice to know a guy with just some basic construction skills to help me build the things i have in my head, or just one fuckin good outdoor grower to help me get the garden super on-point, but the community out here is nonexistant

I feel you bro. I run solo as well. I am trying to set up a growers meet up, or bbq over the off season with a couple other people. Want me to throw you a line when it happens? The community exists here in my area, however people are much more reserved about it. The grocery stores don't carry snips and turkey bags at the check out, but tons of cannabis leaves the Tuolumne county.

I have yet to find anybody series about cannabis growing however. :tiphat:

Which plants stood out this year? I have some heaven Mountain in my cart, how did that turn out quality wise?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
If you built a greenhouse you wouldn't have to tarp, days are shorter and shorter, if anything add supplemental lights. Like a couple hours before sunrise and a couple at sunset, but then again you'd be lighting up the spot. Way to crush it this season bud