What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

jd123

Man that sucks. Weed is legal in Oregon now, anybody can grow 4 plants without any kind of paperwork or anything and I've never seen so many damn garden thefts as this year. Makes no damn sense, but I guess thieves aren't all that logical.

Pono I used to have the same mentality. Just wishin a motherfucker would...until It happened and I had a situation turn violent. After it was all said and done I roughed up a kid that looked like he was barely old enough to drive and sat on my couch the next week just waiting for the LE to knock on my door and haul me away. First time in my life I ever had "anxiety"

luckily nothing ever came of it.

Lacocina

Snare traps work with thin cables ... Just need a tall tightening rod and wait for the squeals of the rippers trying to get out of it.

Do you know the entry point ?

The cameras I have at my ranch also have sound.. Usually for elk and deer but do get poachers names when they are talking after triggering.

They do not like their faces posted everywhere as rippers.

C

Cep

Dude the harbor freight infrared alarms work great. I also have more expensive chamberlain brand that have a longer range but the same sensitivity. Last year I had a tweaker trip them at 3am. I can't sleep comfortably with clothes on so I ended up getting out of my sleeping bag in my birthday suit and running him off the property. I can prob still run a 4.5 40 and this guy must of been in his 50's and still outpaced me. Meth is one hell of a drug.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I had one harbor freight infrared go off maybe 10 times 2 nights ago. Never found shit, but I did replace that thing the next day. Nothing since

the false alarms get old. having video for later does not help much either unless its something inside the house then you have a chance of using it in a legal way. outdoors in places with short driveways and close neighbors will always be sketchy.

ronbo51

Veteran
I know almost nothing about modern tech but my daughter and son in law have businesses and everything, stores, inventory, home is on lockdown with Iris. Every important lock and door is wired and set to wi fi. All cameras sense motion, see in the dark. Anything happens it's recorded, alerts to the Iphone. Quite a bit of the equipment is available at Lowes and he installed all of it himself. After seeing it work, if I had an op going I would absolutely run Iris for security, although I am sure there are other systems as good available. Good luck. Almost home.

Just set up a few cameras on the hill. Should have been up already but we took them down after last season and i didnt think i needed them this year.

Wasnt the well guys, they were two brothers in their forties.

I have plenty of force multipliers in various calibers

Good looking on the camera's.

Guns are not force multipliers. However I agree, great to have. If you have an old army buddy, get him out to the property and ask what force multipliers are. I have a friend who is special forces, and he laid out my entire property for me. If all hell breaks loose, I have a fighting chance to get my family out.

Good luck Screws, hope you finish strong!

N

NewAgeGenetics

doin the all night thing tonight with the shotgun. no return visits from the thieves yet
how much you lost? I also had some problems with them. cant really understand why they dont grow their own...

reppin2c

Veteran
Getting ripped sucks. The thieves will never come back to ceps place just cuz of the naked dude factor...I may have to put that in my vault of tactics. I got 5 of the harbor freight driveway alarms. If one goes of they are all on the same frequency so they all go off. I've chased my cats off many of times in boxers and mossberg. I tend to get a touch weird this time of year. Lack of sleep and endless hours of work can make you do some crazy shit. I love trim season lol

HL45

Veteran
Sucks about rippers, we have tweakers next door that mow their lawn at 3 am and stole a gas can and some fence tools another grower was using on the same property.. I brought my two big dogs a Mossberg and my bro from the south to sit in my rv. He use to repo cars and is a tough mofo.. we got rubber rounds for the shotgun.

One night the tweaker was snooping around the fence line and the turned around once the Mossberg got cocked.....moved everything off site to dry and process. .

apes

as they say in the business" you can trust your friends but you can't trust your friends friends"......I put my money on the friends of the Love talent that visited SCREWS...

Last edited:

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
as they say in the busiess" you can trust your friends but you can't trust your friends friends"......I put my money on the friends of the Love talent that visited SCREWS...

a tinder girl...say it ain't so:huggg:

N

NewAgeGenetics

I said earlier in the season to expect thiefs if you grow big plants without fence. from now they will come back every year.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
I said earlier in the season to expect thiefs if you grow big plants without fence. from now they will come back every year.

100% unless you catch them, the spot is "tainted" so to speak... you did say your renting right? might be time to pack up at the end of the year, cause IME THEY WILL BE BACK,,, every year,,, multiple times, until caught....

good luck bro, i have friends going through the same shit, first they came with a stolen wood panel truck and machetes (got chased off), now come at night and try to be all sneaky,,,, fucking tweakers....