What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

RetroGrow

Veteran
Several things determine the sun’s intensity. The closer to the equator you are, the more intense the sun’s rays. But also, the higher up you are, the more intense the sun’s rays. Your UV exposure increases by 10% for every 3,280 feet in altitude; at 6,000 to 8,000 feet in elevation, you’re exposed to 25% more ultraviolet radiation than at sea level. And the days are longer.

HL45

Veteran
I have also heard lower night time temp speeds up finish time, I can't honestly say that I have noticed it first hand though.

mako44

Ancient og & the snow wookie ,

Ancient og & the snow wookie ,

Strange thing my AO was first to go into flower,& get frosty , but by now many others are much thicker, Its slow to put on the weight, Looks great & smells great - Super long colas but skinny still! Now take the snow wookie it is smelling intensely good, very big,& thick colas ,good thick stems, very frosty, SSDD is massive When i say massive i mean close to as big as ""screws"" Also looking great ,except stems a bit small ,, Synergy slowest to start flowering but thickening good now, Pink lotus also very nice,thick buds, thick stems, very frosty,big plant,also showing some pink color ,nice smell !!! Also strange thing is never had anything ready to cut this early, i took colas off of og raskals white master ,they were so thick ,, yes def ready, big plant at 9 ft & topped 5 times, so very wide as well ! it always turns out best of my grow ,, FROSTY FER SURE !!!,, But this yr i will be comparing to bodhi stuff !! We will See !!! Wifi also thickening fast this yr, :woohoo:

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
How do you clone something this far into flowering?

It's not terribly different from normal cloning. Just find the least budded branches from the lower part of the plant, cut them, dip and plug into your preferred cloning medium.

Got to be careful with having too high of humidity in the dome for too long or the buds will want to mold so I like to try to remove the dome as soon as I'm able.

Remove any bud matter that browns so it doesn't rot.

It will take a while for the clones to reveg even after they root but it's very possible to get roots on clones taken off plants well into flower.

mako44

I personally believe the hotter nights are partly reasonable for the faster thickening this yr, Its at 75* now at 10;00 PM, This is one of the cooler nights , we recently had a few that bottomed out at 85* in early morning, 5;00 am !! Cant prove it but Im thinking so !!

jd123

It's not terribly different from normal cloning. Just find the least budded branches from the lower part of the plant, cut them, dip and plug into your preferred cloning medium.

Got to be careful with having too high of humidity in the dome for too long or the buds will want to mold so I like to try to remove the dome as soon as I'm able.

Remove any bud matter that browns so it doesn't rot.

It will take a while for the clones to reveg even after they root but it's very possible to get roots on clones taken off plants well into flower.

I don't grow anything unless I've seen the plant in deep flower outside and the final product. I've taken clones off skeletons in November and they root just fine.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
ok you guys convinced me, i'll wake up early tomorrow and take a couple cuts of that Stardawg Goji. Would be cool to have something unique to work with this winter

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I have also heard lower night time temp speeds up finish time,
i could see that being true, I had my quickest indoor run ever last winter in a cold garage, GSC forum cut finished in 8 weeks flat.
when talking about full season full sun;
usually higher elevations have lower night temps, and more importantly larger differences between high and low temps daily. i.e. high of 80 but might have low in low 50's in the fall ect ect..

in my experience this leads to slow growth.... and longer waits for buds to mature, as the colder the lows get, the slower they wake up in the day and stretch their legs, swell their buds ect.
now i dont know what to think!
:dance013:

HL45

Veteran
What I have noticed this year is the garden that gets less light is ahead of the full sun garden. By a couple weeks at least

twifinity

Hey Schrews what does your Stardawg x Goji smell like that is so far along in flowering?

I have one indoors that is around 5 weeks into flowering and is extremely frosty out on the leaves and everything and just glistening and smells almost exactly like lemon heads when I touch it.. In love at the moment and want to smoke it haha...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i think the flowering times just vary year by year, gorilla glue is acting late this year compared to last. but i have skywalker and SFV OG hybrids ready to chop in a week from seed with no forced flowering. they actually beat out some other strains that i started pulling tarp on july 21st.

also have alot of other strains that look to be pushing well into mid to late october.

getting pretty tired of relying on full season every year.

Hey Shcrews, congrats on getting this far with such a great looking crop. I always appreciate your honesty. Whether things are going good or bad you let us know. Most folks out there have too much ego to share as much as you do. Any who...

What do you think of the Blueberry Hash Plant at this point. Seems like you were real excited about these early on. I did see you had one "dud" out on you (you mention it was the smallest in the garden). Im pretty interested in this strain and would appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks again!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
anything ready your ways yet? i have a few SFV fire alien seedlings that are days away from chop, they were the smallest plants that went in a week later than the other older clones around june 7th compared to june 1st for the others. such a weird year, some strains bulked up fast and finished early and others are still so far behind. i guess thats good for processing in waves...

EastBayGrower

Veteran
anything ready your ways yet? i have a few SFV fire alien seedlings that are days away from chop, they were the smallest plants that went in a week later than the other older clones around june 7th compared to june 1st for the others. such a weird year, some strains bulked up fast and finished early and others are still so far behind. i guess thats good for processing in waves...

im curious as well shcrews, i have some FIRE OG thats ready for the chop any day now as well, but the bubba's are just now starting to form colas, 1+ month, crazyness...

seeing the same things over at your place?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
started chop on a few early finishers, plus a couple stragglers that were starting to attract PM. They shouldnt have even been in the garden, but i didnt have any replacements. next year i will start more seeds so i can yank the stragglers early in the season and replace them.

that stardawg x goji is a real nice plant! seems ready already lol
that's chopped now. Was the first thing to finish. big chunky buds, crazy smell. I was going to re-veg a couple branches but i got caught up with this new lady i met on tinder, really nice tall blonde with hella tattoos, and its cool she's a firefighter on a hotshot crew

such a weird year, some strains bulked up fast and finished early and others are still so far behind. i guess thats good for processing in waves...
yah it is weird, i noticed that too. A few things are totally done, and others that i thought would be finished still need a couple weeks. should have everything down by mid october though.