What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

R

Robrites

Lets just say that if he had a dollar for everytime somebody asked this question, he wouldn't need to grow herb anymore.

Dude sweet pics. That dog of your always puts a smile on my face. I'm stoked you went solo. Looks like this could be your year where you really get ahead.

Kinda Short and Skinny jd.

I'd encourage you to take up organic gardening.

:tiphat:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Lets just say that if he had a dollar for everytime somebody asked this question, he wouldn't need to grow herb anymore.

Dude sweet pics. That dog of your always puts a smile on my face. I'm stoked you went solo. Looks like this could be your year where you really get ahead.

fuckin a, great looking trees jd

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Yeah was just a preventive for PM, but everything has been hit with BT since first sign of flowers. We have been picking cats daily, maybe a dozen or so we have found. I think we are gonna try a mosquito net next season right when flowers set
So you're saying the BT didn't work that well.. i didnt spray at all, caterpillar damage is minimal, might lose a few ounces total. mosquito nets would probably work but setup might be a bitch

I hope so, its been a rough few years. Big changes are coming in cali and this season is pretty crucial. Makes it even more heartbreaking seeing so many peoples seasons being ruined by law enforcement, fire, drought, mites, etc under these circumstances.

Can't believe how quickly some of your stuff matured.

You ever pollinate anything?

I've been dusting all sorts of shit with my Ancient OG pollen but we'll see if it takes.
yah its crazy how fast everything is finishing. not sure why . but i can't complain. its gonna take a while to chop everything so an early start will be nice.

i didnt pollinate anything, dont want to fuck up and seed half my crop. I saved some Ancient OG pollen from my biggest male so maybe i will do an indoor run and make some seeds this winter if the pollen is still good. im keepin it in the fridge. If your AOG crosses work out i would love to try growing some

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Could it be maturing this early from the fires and the lack of actual good sunlight? Its been hazy in my parts the last couple days, but in sonoma county where i am everything usually finishes a few weeks before any of the guys up north and i still have 2-3 weeks

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn those buds are super fast! only a couple plants in my garden are close to being ready, but still 2 weeks out but the swell is there. just wish the rest of the garden would catch up, most is still straggling and looking like a month out. gotta try some bodhi next year for a damn change...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
damn those buds are super fast! only a couple plants in my garden are close to being ready, but still 2 weeks out but the swell is there. just wish the rest of the garden would catch up, most is still straggling and looking like a month out. gotta try some bodhi next year for a damn change...
no worries man you'll be chopping before you know it! im stoked you made it this year despite all the BS

Definitely try some bodhi seeds next year. for big plants i recommend Blueberry Hashplant, Dream Beaver, and Ancient OG. the Afkansastan Snow Lotus seems to be finishing the fastest so might have a few of those too just for early crop.
----------------------------
Could it be maturing this early from the fires and the lack of actual good sunlight? Its been hazy in my parts the last couple days, but in sonoma county where i am everything usually finishes a few weeks before any of the guys up north and i still have 2-3 weeks
yes the smoke and weird weather might have triggered flowering a bit earlier than usual. And as you mentioned, being at a lower latitude may help too, and im pretty far south. Those factors may explain why my plants are more mature than most in norcal right now
------------------------------
Any idea what weeks ur in of flowering?
no it doesnt really work like that

B

bruvio

8uvsj8al.jpg

wQps42r.jpg

O

Oakhills

Watcha mean?

I'll try and answer this one....

Outdoors is different than indoors. Some varieties may start flowering at 14 hours, some at 13 hours of light, etc. As the days shorten the flowering stacks more and more. The flowering begins gradually at the start and ramps up at the end. Right now, Shcrews garden may be getting 12.4 hours of light daily, but several weeks ago it was getting about 14 hours of sun when the plants began to switch from veg to flower.

Each outdoor season has a different harvest window due to many external factors such as weather.

jd123

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Man that Ewok brings back memories. All I wanted growing up was one of those hovering motorcycle looking contraptions they flew through the woods hauling ass.

I dont have facebook, instagram or anything else where I talk to people on the internet besides icmag. I hadn't seen many pictures of the fires down there...I used my ladys instagram to look at some grows this morning and came across the carnage.....

Wow. I was speechless. I hope thats none of you guys and my heart goes out to those that lost their livelihoods and could have easily lost their lives. Seeing my home and garden go up in flames would be unreal.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
True and well said. I usually count the days from when I first see flowering pistols to know what week there in. The harvest window can be small up north :). I'm trying some that greencure for this rain though.

Outdoors is different than indoors. Some varieties may start flowering at 14 hours, some at 13 hours of light, etc. As the days shorten the flowering stacks more and more. The flowering begins gradually at the start and ramps up at the end. Right now, Shcrews garden may be getting 12.4 hours of light daily, but several weeks ago it was getting about 14 hours of sun when the plants began to switch from veg to flower.

Each outdoor season has a different harvest window due to many external factors such as weather.

TheSilverMullet

Veteran

Good explanation. Just wanted to point out it's the hours of darkness that triggers flowering, not the hours of light.

Cowabunga:tiphat:

O

Oakhills

Good explanation. Just wanted to point out it's the hours of darkness that triggers flowering, not the hours of light.

Cowabunga:tiphat:

I guess the old timer outdoor growers refer to hours of light when flowering triggers, based on a 24 hour period. Hours of dark is more of an indoor thing. At the end of the season, it's all the same.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crop is coming along well guys! Great work. Bet you're glad the supports are in place. Get those scissors sharpened, about time to reap what you've sown! :smoke:

R

Robrites

24 hours since the last post? Been awhile since that happened...Lets hope it's not government agents. :)