What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

B

BAKED_BEANZ

we started pulling tarp around july 21st and stopped pulling tarp in early august when the days started going closer to 12/12 and the full seasons started flowering.

you guys certainly got your shit together yes4prop . knowledge is power. and what you put in is what you get out. loving it.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
hows your goji x stardawg smelling?

i got a stardawg x yeti thats smelling and looking like my favorite!
I cant really describe it but its funky as hell. dominant scent like play-doh or something, along with maybe some citrus and pine in there. it's one of my favorites right now.

what's the skylotus smell like shcrews
They are just starting to smell, theres some piney/menthol OG terps, and also some sweet cream or maybe honey.

Hey shcrews did u dust any pollen? Any pregnant ladies? Sorry if this has been covered��
not yet. I'm not really sure when is the best time to do that. Also i might just save the pollen til winter and dust an indoor run so i dont have to worry about seeding my outs

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Its cooling off at night now, and kinda cloudy this morning. Almost everything is stacking hard by now. I found a little PM on a couple plants, going to spray the garden with neem later to try and prevent it spreading.

ozza

Veteran
Cabbage white butterfly and the diamondback moth cant resist the (Barbarea Verna & Barbarea vulgaris). Moths and the cabbage white butterfly will lay their eggs on the plant, then Caterpillars feeding on this plant species are unable to detect their saponin content, which soon kills them. Makes an excellent trap crop

That might help.

O

Oakhills

Its cooling off at night now, and kinda cloudy this morning. Almost everything is stacking hard by now. I found a little PM on a couple plants, going to spray the garden with neem later to try and prevent it spreading.

Careful not to hit the flowers with neem too much. A diluted milk with water helps combat PM, among numerous other methods which won't affect the flavor of the flowers... But I'll bet you know that already.

S

StanKDanK

I cant really describe it but its funky as hell. dominant scent like play-doh or something, along with maybe some citrus and pine in there. it's one of my favorites right now.

They are just starting to smell, theres some piney/menthol OG terps, and also some sweet cream or maybe honey.

not yet. I'm not really sure when is the best time to do that. Also i might just save the pollen til winter and dust an indoor run so i dont have to worry about seeding my outs
we are planning on making some seeds indoor with some ancient og pollen. its probably safer to wait and make seeds inside. we are going to wait n see what plants we really like outside and throw pollen on clones of those. i was too scared to take any pollen outside and fuck up my outoor lol
the nights and morning are definatley gettin colder. i was wearing a thermal walking around outside this morning.. brrrrr

your garden is looking great shcrews, any reason you are spraying neem for pm and not greencure?
in my garden i found a pink pantherX88g13 with a lil pm yesterday. i sprayed last night with greencure and no pm today when i checked it.
i have used neem for pm in the past and it doesnt work that good for me.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
green cure, oxidate, and theres some decent organic sprays for PM suppression. all of those work better than neem.

milkyjoe

Veteran
PM is an indicator things are starting to fall apart nutrtionally. Could be any of 3 things:
1) high nitrate...probably not the issue on old coot mix. But Mg, S and Mo sprayed just in case...Photomg, nothing else comes close
2) a lack of Si. I prefer sea shield...ca and si in one package...plus chitosan which will induce a sar response.
3) a low sap pH caused by lack of base cations. Fortunately photomag and sea shield will provide those. I quit sea shield 2 weeks before harvest and switch to albion Ca.

I would also chuck some sea crop in there for enzyme support

3) a low sap pH caused by lack of base cations. Fortunately photomag and sea shield will provide those. I quit sea shield 2 weeks before harvest and switch to albion Ca.

Is the Albion Ca you recommend the metalosate? It contains 2% N in it, and I was wondering what your thoughts were on that.

Also, I heart sea crop.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hygrozyme works great on pm.

Pm can occur on a perfectly healthy plant when tempetures and humidity hit a certain sweet spot. With the nights cooler this is prolly the case. Should be easily controllable. Mechanically removing the heaviest coated leaves helps to. Lemon juice, milk, hygrozyme all work well without affecting the flowers.

PM is an indicator things are starting to fall apart nutrtionally. Could be any of 3 things:
1) high nitrate...probably not the issue on old coot mix. But Mg, S and Mo sprayed just in case...Photomg, nothing else comes close
2) a lack of Si. I prefer sea shield...ca and si in one package...plus chitosan which will induce a sar response.

Hey milky I asked you about this not to long ago in regards to bud rot. And since calcium is not fully available to the plant spaying sea shield or Albion calcium will make calcium available during flower to defend against bud rot. Instead of sea shield could I just use albion calcium? Will pure dicalcium malate powder work okay??

Or should i use metalosate calcium?? I would try sum AEA products but I just don't know how to go about getting sum. Their site reads like you have to have a account with them but I'll do sum more research.

Or should i use metalosate calcium?? I would try sum AEA products but I just don't know how to go about getting sum. Their site reads like you have to have a account with them but I'll do sum more research.

i haven't been able to figure it out either...

does AEA make sea shield was well? i haven't been able to find it

S

StanKDanK

I was looking into the ingredients on greencure and its mostly sodium bicarbonate so you could probably use baking soda for pm. im gonna give it a try myself if i see anymore pm this season.
Are you planning on doing the same thing there next year or buying a permanent property somewhere else before next season?

EastBayGrower

Veteran
I was looking into the ingredients on greencure and its mostly sodium bicarbonate so you could probably use baking soda for pm. im gonna give it a try myself if i see anymore pm this season.
Are you planning on doing the same thing there next year or buying a permanent property somewhere else before next season?

lol damn son where you been? this has been known for ever in my circle in norcal, greencure is JUST sodium bicarbonate, or food grade baking soda, you can buy the food grade stuff on amazon for wayyyyy cheaper....

most nutrient/pest sprays can all be replicated for a fraction of the price if you mix the ingredients yourself

Latest posts

Latest posts