What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
You hand pick the cats? Must be a bitch trying to get your eyes on those 11' tops... Bt is too easy not to use for those little boogers man. Minimum 2 applications. One on each full moon of late August and the one in September. Maybe weekly if you see they've gotten out of hand, but if you catch em early on those moons it should be smooth sailing and worry free.

2 times? i started applying BT way early once flowers started setting, and mine get drenched every 10 days. Its pretty fucked in my backyard we have a butterfly bush thats been around for 20 years, its good for the bees and monarchs an other fliers, but every white moth i see buzzing around the garden i try an kill it

C

CheifnBud2

You hand pick the cats? Must be a bitch trying to get your eyes on those 11' tops... Bt is too easy not to use for those little boogers man. Minimum 2 applications. One on each full moon of late August and the one in September. Maybe weekly if you see they've gotten out of hand, but if you catch em early on those moons it should be smooth sailing and worry free.

Great advice if it works. Im gonna be on my 5th app of bt in a week. Im pretty sure that is the limit on the bottle.

2 times? i started applying BT way early once flowers started setting, and mine get drenched every 10 days. Its pretty fucked in my backyard we have a butterfly bush thats been around for 20 years, its good for the bees and monarchs an other fliers, but every white moth i see buzzing around the garden i try an kill it

Great advice if it works. Im gonna be on my 5th app of bt in a week. Im pretty sure that is the limit on the bottle.

You can definitely spray more, but I haven't found cats to be much of a threat til about September so that's when I recommend you should be spraying by at the latest. And ChiefnBud mentioned a bottle.. Monterey brand? I like Dipel DF (dry flowable). It's powdered, pretty cheap ($12/pound I think?), and goes a long way. And Bt does work as a preventative, but if applied at first sight of them you shouldn't get much damage and should be able to knock em back enough to get through the season.

On a side note, late August full moon tonight. Time to start looking out/spraying for cats..

Exactly. Did my first spray with the Monterey brand BT 2 nights ago.

With the temp drop here in the Foothills the last couple days/nights, it is really feeling like things are about to get big. Weather feels right on cue.

Looking good Shcrews!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
have trim-pal will travel ,sounds like a business opportunity
No shit, i would much rather rent one. i looked those things up and they are $5000 ! ive never spent that much on anything in my life. I would need to see it in action in person before i make that move.

Nice bro. Im talking like top layer on each of the T-Posts. Im sure they aren't gonna stretch more, but maybe drape it over? I hope you got that orchard latter also, thats the last thing you need is fall from a 8 foot+ latter an fuck your leg up
i use a 10 foot t-post to drape the nets over the plants. A few of the bigger ones need it

I'm not sure why but the caterpillars usually arent in the very top buds. I have good success picking them out by hand, just takes practice and waking up early.

I try to spray my plants with as little crap as possible. Any caterpillar damage is filed under "acceptable losses", and is usually very minimal.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Love Triangle:
zEeGxGtl.jpg

Stardawg x Goji OG:
pXATPu4l.jpg

morning:
0AgRl7jl.jpg

NpM6aqbl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
the Afkansastan x Snow Lotus is already rocking buds as big as my leg. i like growing non-stretchy plants sometimes

That Love Triangle looks insane!
yah and it smells crazy, like sweet creamy honey baby powder, with a lil kush thrown in there.

the Love Triangles are pretty uniform, They also seem to be stacking earlier than most other strains. I will probably grow it again next year, but have to see how they finish up. The caterpillars seem to like them

C

CheifnBud2

If you arent picking cats out of top colas they really arent a problem. I had over 50% of my harvest ate 3 years ago... I don't consider that an acceptable loss. Especially since my grow is so small.

BT it is!!!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
If you arent picking cats out of top colas they really arent a problem. I had over 50% of my harvest ate 3 years ago... I don't consider that an acceptable loss. Especially since my grow is so small.

BT it is!!!

you think thats bad, I had a outdoor grow in santa cruz in 2007 that got hit so hard by caterpillars that i lost whole plants. I guess it was a problem for farmers because they flew planes over the whole county spraying some kind of fucked up pesticide to kill the moths. If i grow a 3rd arm someday we'll know why

wikipedia: "light brown apple moth controversy"

In late 2007, the moth eradication program involving (aerial spraying) of a product containing E. postvittana attractant sex pheromones as its active ingredient, among other substances not yet revealed to the public, over sixty square miles near the Pacific coast between Monterey and Santa Cruz was begun.[10] The EPA authorized the aerial spraying of the pheromone spray every 30 days until 2010.

t3ThRWql.jpg

C

CheifnBud2

I never knew about that, crazy to think they are spraying shit into the air and most of us have no clue.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Dehueys

Dehueys

So i'm looking at dehueys for my drying room. I'm still a little strapped for cash and and i noticed there seems to be some variation in price among the different brands and types

so far ive looked at

Dri Eaz
Santa Fe
Climagrow
Quest

climagrow seems to be the cheapest for what it does. A few folks in this thread have already recommended Dri Eaz, but i would like to save money if possible. Any thoughs?

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
Just make sure you get something with an adjustable humidistat or you will have to buy an external one.

I have a dri eaz. It works great. It was not cheap.

ponolove

I buy multiple cheaper amazon dehueys to place on each end. The Frigidaire model I get runs 250 I think. I have one that is at least 5 years old and still runs quiet

R

Robrites

So i'm looking at dehueys for my drying room. I'm still a little strapped for cash and and i noticed there seems to be some variation in price among the different brands and types

so far ive looked at

Dri Eaz
Santa Fe
Climagrow
Quest

climagrow seems to be the cheapest for what it does. A few folks in this thread have already recommended Dri Eaz, but i would like to save money if possible. Any thoughs?

Highest rated, 80 bucks off.
http://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-FA...&qid=1441156701&sr=1-1&keywords=dehumidifiers

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
quest hooked up to an evap pump is all you need….go to DS in oakland they will save you a couple hundred at least..

Latest posts

Latest posts