What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

jdkronyk101

After next year I will have 15 amazing mother plants that no one else is commercially growing in California. How could I do this if I didn't grow from seed?

and this from Mt.Z. is crucial... i cant take cuts from all, but every year i pick 5-10 seed mothers, and get cuts from them...by next year i will too have the ability to grow a whole patch of my own stuff all "AAA" all "niche"
i rely more on luck here because i cant find the room or time to maintain 10-20 cuts off of each seed mother... i currently have 4 from previous years(Bambu, High Mtn H.O.G., Z.K. Burmese Kush, and a G.S.C.-x-Chem)all cut only...hoping for 8-10 winners in the long run. id suggest doing the same if you can... some combos are so unique that loosing them is both a step in reverse and a heartbreaker...

row on the left is(bambu) one pheno of my pinya-x-bambu cross(clone only) , the row on the right is a so-hum o.g.(clone only)

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Heaven Mountain:
60OXkUHl.jpg

Love Triangle:
FyzQtOvl.jpg

hill sunset:
JaGnb3rl.jpg

HICTABDl.jpg

7q3gxsll.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

smells like straight tangerines. at this point I would put this up against any Tangie out there. cant wait to see how she finishes
IvN43Kyl.jpg

XROcBPdl.jpg

Pn2gXMrl.jpg

gL4XWT7l.jpg

UEf4arYl.jpg

S

StanKDanK

that Afkansastan x Snow Lotus looks good shcrews. what strain smells the strongest so far?

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
next year you gonna do all triple plant pots? I have experimented with that technique a number of years with great results but some folks I had try it out did not feel the same way. Good to see its working for u. I'm not doing that this year and paying for it. One of my plants is dieing since its just a single there will be no replacement :*(

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
that Afkansastan x Snow Lotus looks good shcrews. what strain smells the strongest so far?
that one and the Stardawg x Goji

next year you gonna do all triple plant pots? I have experimented with that technique a number of years with great results but some folks I had try it out did not feel the same way. Good to see its working for u. I'm not doing that this year and paying for it. One of my plants is dieing since its just a single there will be no replacement :*(
next year everything will either be single-planted or quadruple-planted, depending how my veg situation looks. I really like the idea of just one plant per pot, but I have one 800gal pot right now that is quad-planted and it looks really nice. Triples are good but i think four is better if you're gonna do multiple plants in one 800

single planting = less work and less legal risk. But multi-planting seems so far like a good way of hedging your bets, to insure a decent yield even if things go wrong

O

Oakhills

I hear you on that one pono. I had some SSH from Mr Nice a few years back and the 6 females were all different phenos. Two of which were completely worthless from a commercial point of view...Not trying to be nostalgic but it seems like I used to get more stable genetics back in the day (which for me is the 90's). But maybe that was just luck of the draw and I remember the success more than the failures over time lol.

I too wanna try some Bodhi stuff now though after seeing Shcrews grow these monsters out.

I have a couple of Mr. Nice strains going this year, SSH and Afghan/Skunk. They are definitely not like the Sensi seeds of the 90's! Luckily, most of my plants this season are Bohdi's creations and his genetics blow away the Mr. Nice and Cali Connection seed I have this year.

I have Shcrews to thank for turning me on to Bodhi's gear and I am sure many other growers too. The Bohdi genetics are the biggest and healthiest plants in my garden! I luckily have a Pink Panther x G13/HP Bohdi tester that smells straight up peach/grapefruit.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Garden's looking amazing, shrews! Look how fast the flowers are filling out! Multi planting does work. Thats basically what we do. Dug a couple plots about 800 gallons and fertilized. Planted more than what you would need because shade is an issue. Looks like one of your bushes! Keep up the green work! :smoke:

picture.php

picture.php

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
NIce Pipeline, those will fill out into a nice solid bed of dank. I did something like that at one of my old spots in santa cruz mountains (Larkin Valley WHAT!!). i could dig up pictures but it would take a while. Do they get any direct sunlight? if so, how many hours per day?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ok so this is non grow related, but i met a really cute chick on tinder who actually lives less than 10 miles from me, which is really close considering where i'm at. Hung out with her today at the lake and she was beautiful and seems chill. She told me to hit her up again in a couple days to hang out

Anyway the issue is, there's this other lady i've been hanging out with for a while now, who lives in santa cruz, seems to be really into me. BUt i'm not that into her. she's really cool but just not the girlfriend type.. I haven't told her that yet, although i did say i dont want anything serious.

So she hit me up today saying she wants to come to the farm tomorrow to spend the night. I would enjoy hanging out with her, and probably having sex, but I feel guilty because I just met this new tinder girl who i find much more attractive.

So if i'm obviously more attracted to another lady, then should i be casually hooking up with this chick from santa cruz at the same time as i'm pursuing tinder girl? i hate playing people like that, however I also dont want to completely break things off with the santa cruz girl because she's fun and it would probably make her sad, although if we keep hooking up then she will be even sadder when i inevitably break it off on the future.

i dont know if any of that even makes sense. but thats what i'm dealing with today.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
No reason you can't see both girls until something gets more serious. Just be honest and truthful and there is no foul. Sounds like tinder girl will eventually win out. Good luck!!

Calidude

i put 24 grams of PFR97 in 2 gallons of water. they recommend agitating the solution for a half hour but i cant really do that so i will just let it sit for a while and shake it. going to work on the drip system while i wait

Ok, i see why you're not getting any residue. where did you get this application rate? I don't think they offered the dilution rate for foliar application.

btw, epic recommended 6 ounce per 5 gal of water.