What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

MountZionCollec

Schrews where I'm at I'm currently allowed 99 plants the size of my house or the size of my dick....hence All my seed experimentation thus far must take place full season outdoors and I accept that risk.

Also many of the strains I will be experimenting with next year flower until Christmas, and are a nightmare to grow indoors where they produce poor quality so you can only experiment with them outdoors our greenhouse. They don't even start throwing pistils until Ocotber :), they'll be in my greenhouse, every time I harvest a full season plant I will replace it with a late flowering pure sativa. Two crops, no energy used and both flowering under their ideal time in nature. Next year I will be regulated by water board and will be moving over into square footage, 1/4 acre. 10,000 square feet in the garden, 300 square foot greenhouse and a small indoor mothering cloning room. things are a changing!!

ponolove

I did do 3 packs of Mr nice Nl5xhz and though each had a similar nose, all were very different and nothing outstanding. Yield also sucked. I feel it would have been way smoother and possibly doubled yeild with a mono crop of gg4, green Crack or hell even blue dream. Light dep dream is top notch if well grown imo. Growing clones makes the harvesting drying process flow so much easier also, on a larger garden. I take pride in my work and it kills me to offer subpar medicine to my patients

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Of all the plants in the garden, only one is worth saving.....
all were very different and nothing outstanding. Yield also sucked
Wow, either you guys have really high standards or else i'm just popping the right seeds, cuz i have so many seed plants that are worth keeping! everything in the garden would be right at home on any dispensary's top shelf. But that's typical Bodhi genetics, keepers in every pack pretty much. I think some breeders aren't as meticulous in the selection and testing process so the quality and consistency of herb grown from their seeds isn't ideal. sure you might find a gem once in while but that won't suffice for a large scale outdoor grower.

I am eager to make my own Ancient OG f2's for next years garden, to see if the magic is in Bodhi's personal touch or in his genetics.

bigherb

Veteran
Schrews

Much respect brother

I think its both with bodhi his touch and genetics

I appreciate you sharing your insight and experience it seems you speak from the heart

Ponolove

Great Genetics are the number one factor in the end product ,

Anyone who know me knows I love Haze , I have experience with NH and SkHz and would recommend both . But NL5Haze would be my last pick of all their popular Haze hybrids . Their isn't one mind blown report or anything similar to Nevil's stock of yesteryear

1luvbigherb

Fed sure Shcrews you are definitely livin' right. From what I can see you have a bunch of keepers.

I Used to make seeds. Think my first was some Misty (or White Misty) from Homegrown Fantaseeds in Amsterdam in the late 90's. Those seeds and all the children they produced were virtually identical and I ran those hard for while. They were very well done. Even the SSH I brought back from that time ran very even.

I suppose with ease of regulations and the higher demand, some breeders are not taking the time to really make sure they have shit dialed (actually probably an understatement).

Then you get busy and things get big and you just need for stuff to be the same and you just clone everything...

Breeding is fun though and no matter what anyone says we should keep exploring the possibilities!

Keep up the great work and I love the Jimson Weed in that pic!

Anyone who know me knows I love Haze , I have experience with NH and SkHz and would recommend both . But NL5Haze would be my last pick of all their popular Haze hybrids . Their isn't one mind blown report or anything similar to Nevil's stock of yesteryear

1luvbigherb

Im a huge Haze fan as well and I couldn't agree more.

MountZionCollec

Ace and Cannabiogen is the place to go for sativas or just interesting genetics. The ones I have narrowed down for pheno hunting next year is:

Full season:
Maple leaf indica (sensi)
Pakistani chitral Kush
CBD Harle tsu (southern humboldt seed collective)
Taskenti
Panama
Malawi

Late flowering crop
Panama haze
Purple haze*malawi
Green haze*thai
Purple haze*thai
Old timers haze
Colombian Mangobiche
Colombian Punto Rojo
Double Thai

if u guys haven't tried ace or cannabiogen I suggest u do, they actually "create" strains which means they don't just mix a couple well worked modern hybrids but they actually build strains from the ground up, many based on land race genetics and they are very available in the forums.

Last edited:

TheOutlawTree

I had the same thoughts as Tom Hill on growing from seed outdoors until this season. This spring I watched multiple growers / friends put out seed plants that were not 100% healthy and certainly didn't have the best structures / lanky from an indoor start... Only to see these seed plants out grow my healthy bushy clones that were put out the same time.

I agree with Yes 4 prop in the fact that there are usually runts. I suppose the only real professional way to grow nice clone plants would be to have hundreds of them going and only select the best / most vigorous from the bunch. Unfortunately a lot of us worry about plant count. I know I'm real sick of trying to be within my plant count limits and suffering losses to yield time after time indoor's and out because of it.

Maybe the best answer for our outdoor needs is to grow from clones that were made using tissue culture. Not sure if anyone else checked out darkhearts link, but it got me a little excited, that they are wanting to switch over to tissue culture. In theory it is supposed to be more vigorous and comparable to seed plants and of course virus / pathogen free if done right. If dark heart goes through with this I would be totally down with running 100% tissue cultured clones outdoors next year.

Dude but how is tinder up there??! I turned it on up here and quickly realized that I'm not that lonely yet. Some serious mountain ogers.
I did all my dep with clones and went 100% seed with my full seasons after 6 years of clone only. Chose the best 50 5gallons out of 200. All my plants are huge,healthy and consistent and my smallest plant is as big as my biggest plant last year. Had to cut my numbers this year so my goal was really to grow more out of less plants and seeds seem the way. Doing 90% bodhi and a few tangle and tangle crosses and so far I'm blown away. We'll see how the variances from plant to plant go as they finish. Definitely going to be a juggling act come trim season

Chose the best 50 5gallons out of 200. All my plants are huge,healthy and consistent and my smallest plant is as big as my biggest plant last year. Had to cut my numbers this year so my goal was really to grow more out of less plants and seeds seem the way. Doing 90% bodhi and a few tangle and tangle crosses and so far I'm blown away. We'll see how the variances from plant to plant go as they finish. Definitely going to be a juggling act come trim season

You picked 50 females out of 200 females? or 50 males out of 200 males/females?

What tangie crosses are you running?

Im curious about 24k gold aka Kosher Tangie (Kosher Kush x Tangie)..

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ace and Cannabiogen is the place to go for sativas or just interesting genetics.
no love for bodhi's Nierika Seed trust? That's prob where i would go for landraces. i think he personally travels the world collecting seeds. TheRealHash is killing it with his Kandahar.

------------------------------
Dude but how is tinder up there??! I turned it on up here and quickly realized that I'm not that lonely yet. Some serious mountain ogers.
There's some pretty ones up here. quite a few actually. something about being close to yosemite i think. I still havent met anyone off tinder but i am talking to a girl who is only a few miles away and looks like a dime. i guess she grew up here. If i was a cute girl i would get the fuck out the mountains asap and go to the coast.

Anyway i'm hopeful. Would be awesome to meet a sweet sexy mountain lady who is down for the cause and close to the farm. Mountain women seem really down-to-earth compared to where i'm from

Doing 90% bodhi and a few tangle and tangle crosses and so far I'm blown away. We'll see how the variances from plant to plant go as they finish. Definitely going to be a juggling act come trim season
Glad everythings working out for you. Bodhi for the motherfuckin win. I really like how Tangerine grows outdoors but it's never very potent, i.e. doesn't get me high so i dont grow it. I LOVE tangie dabs though

---------------------------------------------
I had the same thoughts as Tom Hill on growing from seed outdoors until this season. This spring I watched multiple growers / friends put out seed plants that were not 100% healthy and certainly didn't have the best structures / lanky from an indoor start... Only to see these seed plants out grow my healthy bushy clones that were put out the same time.
seed vigor is not a myth!

I know I'm real sick of trying to be within my plant count limits and suffering losses to yield time after time indoor's and out because of it.
i know what you mean. I'm glad i said fuck it this year and triple-planted. it will probably double my yield due to my shaky start this season.

Maybe the best answer for our outdoor needs is to grow from clones that were made using tissue culture.
I am also very interested in this emerging technology in the clone game. Not sure i would bet my 2016 season on it though.

MountZionCollec

Schrews my comment wasn't meant to show "no love" for bodhi, ive never grown his stuff because I am not really looking for hybrids, my interest is mostly in pure sativas as I have already found all the "non sativa" strains I am looking for. Bodhi def has some interesting genetics but doesn't look like he has Any pure sativas available at present.

On ********** I saw his "Isaac haze" but when I looked closer it's more indica then sativa, he just took Cannabiogen/Ace Bangi Haze (a very well worked strain they probably spent YEARS developing) and crossed it too some typical Cali hybrid with OG/Chem genes (http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Isaac_Haze/Bodhi_Seeds/)

Looks like Bodhi is showing cannabiogen/ace love by using their genetics in his only "haze" cross!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
guess were kind of spoiled up here near Chico the Tinder is always chock full of girls…my workers beg every chance they get to sneak off to chico. but then again we got butte county code enforcement putting a damper on that…..used to be the best place to grow up here!

should we start a new OD thread, payaso said when he closed the tom hill that we should start fresh. otherwise we can post them up here but dont want to hijack!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Now those sound more interesting! But where does he sell those?
IDK but i'll let you know if i find out. Just remember Bodhi's landrace/heirloom offerings are sold as "Nierika Seed Trust" brand/label. Seed vault of cali has his stuff a lot, so do a few dispensaries in the 831. Not trying to promote anything here, just knowledge.

ponolove

picture.php
picture.php
not sure if I remember how to post a pic. I miss that thread also, was a big part of the reason I moved west, so much inspiration

jdkronyk101

Wow, either you guys have really high standards or else i'm just popping the right seeds, cuz i have so many seed plants that are worth keeping! everything in the garden would be right at home on any dispensary's top shelf. But that's typical Bodhi genetics, keepers in every pack pretty much. I think some breeders aren't as meticulous in the selection and testing process so the quality and consistency of herb grown from their seeds isn't ideal. sure you might find a gem once in while but that won't suffice for a large scale outdoor grower.

I am eager to make my own Ancient OG f2's for next years garden, to see if the magic is in Bodhi's personal touch or in his genetics.

i think too one must consider the difference in quality from the dutch/canadian commercial breeders and the west coast/california mom and pop breeders. your not lucky at all schrews from a seed perspective. bhodi grows all of his with care and consideration, he runs them himself...
after nearly 10k in u.s.d. spent on dutch genetics since the late 90's ive only had three reach the stable to stay for any length of time over what variety's were already readily available in the triangle via cut... thats three winners out of over a thousand seeds, over 20 retailers, starting with mark emery as a broker, to gypsy in the later years. three that ever beat what was already available in the triangle...west coast genetics are world class...
i found it was more important to research the breeder and his/her history, vs name and brand/company or pic search for that matter.
also to state as a matter of fact there are alot of bulk pollen chuckers now in the U.S. as well. not taking the time to even run or quality test their own gear. or even purposefully passing out hermed gear(femenized), which has been a typical dutch/canadian technique for decades.
you were wise to go local...and mom and pop...ive found that my ratio from my own seed or another mom-n-pop breeder yields results more akin to yours..with two or three out of 50-100 being unacceptable...the rest of ample quality...thats more the norm when you use carefully controlled small batch genetics.. cant wait to see how yours turn out!
also consider that bhodis "magic" is mostly in this immediate generation(luck of the genetic draw)...but next year if you continue with his genetics via cross and inbreading, you will then see his skill...as the true breeding traits will be revealed if you choose to use a different parent. then and only then will you see what bhodi actually gave to you and can be passed down.
so my advice is to choose an ancient parent(boy) and another non-ancient parent(boy) and cross both ancients and non ancients with both...keep good notes..compare with this year and the previous....and you will find what traits are actually being passed down...smells,growth,flavors,finishing time, vigor, ect...

thats a (pinya-x-kashmere) in a 4'x8'x12"box
made her myself

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts