What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

startin to frost up and stack already!
N33mlXy.jpg

1EjHmDBl.jpg

0aL5aMFl.jpg

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
Drips look good man.

That Afkan x Snowlotus is way early. You have the Afkan x 88g13hp too, right? It also an early one?

Most of my bodhi gear is just starting to flower except the dream beavers which just keep stretching.

Keep after it, the end is in sight!

EastBayGrower

Veteran
bro your an inspiration, I aspire to grow plants that big, this year 1#+ per plant will be good in 50gals, next year its 200's or bust :)

Glad to hear u got your trellis up, I finish mine tomorrow... then aact and serenade...

I really should get on the irrigation too, but 12 plants in 50gals is more manageable, do you find the plants will start drinking significantly more then usual this time of year?

good to see your buds start stacking, mine are at the same stage or so, I feel like stretch is done for the most part, you think your plants will still stretch and grow vertically?

good luck on a successful harvest!

Calidude

Hey shcrews, great job man. It has been trial and tribulations but you pulling through this journey. I respect your one man show. You're going to kill it.

You mind sharing a of picture of the pipe at the water source or pump.

Got your drip lines set and your girls trellised up! That's a good feeling I'm sure! Congrats bro! It's nice to breathe a little huh. And think about next year when you'll have those lines all set up already to plug and play. I like those lines from dripworks. I effed up and bought 4,000' of 1/2" poly that I needed to pop my emitters into.. that's 4,000 holes that had to be punched and 4,000 emitters that had to be popped. No fun. But yea I couldn't imagine watering my garden by hand. That would take me like 7 hrs per watering... Not feasible.

That afkan lotus sure looks frosty. And stacked up chunky too. She looks like a heavy yielder. What are you expecting out of her?

You might want to use a impact driver to tighten down your connections, otherwise youlol probably get sone blowouts.

You think? I've used those fittings on a large passion fruit vineyard with no issues at all. He even has two clamps on them. I guess it depends on how much pressure that pump is pushing in relation to how much flow he's releasing.. I went with compression fittings for my set up. Wouldn't use them again either. I had to replace some that were leaky. The nice ones are the ones you screw in. I forget what they're called but they seem to have the easiest install and the strongest integrity.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You might want to use a impact driver to tighten down your connections, otherwise youlol probably get sone blowouts.

thats what byf was saying, but i think yall must have some weak hands or something because i tightened everything up with a socket wrench no problem. the hose clamps that dripworks sent me just start clicking if you tighten them past a certain point anyway

fired it up last night and there were no leaks anywhere , pump on full blast.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hey shcrews, great job man. It has been trial and tribulations but you pulling through this journey. I respect your one man show. You're going to kill it.

You mind sharing a of picture of the pipe at the water source or pump.
of course dude , here:

quick release fittings on the pump so i can swap lines if i want, either the dripline or the firehose for handwatering:
Q9pL5YKl.jpg

1.5" ball valve fitting on 2500gal tank:
oD7XCSWl.jpg

rF7bi77l.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
bro your an inspiration, I aspire to grow plants that big, this year 1#+ per plant will be good in 50gals, next year its 200's or bust :)
fuck yah, grow as much weed as you can!
I really should get on the irrigation too, but 12 plants in 50gals is more manageable, do you find the plants will start drinking significantly more then usual this time of year?
oh man, 12x 50gals is nothing! you could water that in 20 minutes... i was spending 8 hours haha. and yah the plants definitely start needing more water about halfway thru summer.
good to see your buds start stacking, mine are at the same stage or so, I feel like stretch is done for the most part, you think your plants will still stretch and grow vertically?
yah there will be a little more vertical growth but most of the stretching is finished at least in my garden. some ppls gardens arent even flowering yet though. i'm kind of glad though, early harvest is cool with me.

--------

Got your drip lines set and your girls trellised up! That's a good feeling I'm sure! Congrats bro! It's nice to breathe a little huh. And think about next year when you'll have those lines all set up already to plug and play.
yah i got the drip finished kind of late for this season, but 2016 is looking good!
like those lines from dripworks. I effed up and bought 4,000' of 1/2" poly that I needed to pop my emitters into.. that's 4,000 holes that had to be punched and 4,000 emitters that had to be popped. No fun. But yea I couldn't imagine watering my garden by hand. That would take me like 7 hrs per watering... Not feasible.
yah none of that sounds fun. the dripworks emitter tubing is pretty fucking cool so far.
That afkan lotus sure looks frosty. And stacked up chunky too. She looks like a heavy yielder. What are you expecting out of her?
yah I had a feeling the afkansastan x snow lotus would be the earliest strain in the garden, and sure enough they are already stacking.

I would say medium-yielder because of the structure, short, stout broadleaf bushes without much stretch. the buds will probably be very thick and dense. So far they already have some frost, and a sweet creamy smell

I have them triple-planted in 800's, expecting 8-12 lbs per pot.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
early girls.....

early girls.....

Stardawg x Goji OG f3
tJNyFFxl.jpg

Love Triangle:
oaB4wn7l.jpg

Afkansastan x Snow Lotus:
lGPJB6kl.jpg

epicorchard

thats what byf was saying, but i think yall must have some weak hands or something because i tightened everything up with a socket wrench no problem. the hose clamps that dripworks sent me just start clicking if you tighten them past a certain point anyway

fired it up last night and there were no leaks anywhere , pump on full blast.

I find that leaks show up a week or three after you set up your lines. And by leaks I mean blow outs, and by blow outs I mean you're tank is now empty because nobody watches their auto water the whole time. I also triple clamp when possible, but then again I'm running close to 100 psi from a 300' elevation drop.

In my experience, and considering how precious water is, I'd rather be safe then sorry. Nothing worse than letting your plants get droopy while you wait for your pump to refill your tank. But yes, if you ever meet me, right away you'll tell I have weak hands. Its embarassing.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ancient OG:
this strain must really love my climate, it stretches forever. last year had 2 Ancient og's , one was 10 lbs the other was 12lbs. this year I also have 2 Ancients so maybe i can beat that.

8x8:
JYgkH1ml.jpg

9x7:
fz4CzXMl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
In my experience, and considering how precious water is, I'd rather be safe then sorry.
like i said the hose clamps start clicking if you tighten them too much. if i get to that point with a wrench then why use an impact gun. am i missing something here?

But yes, if you ever meet me, right away you'll tell I have weak hands. Its embarassing.
there's a joke there somewhere. hand workouts.. you get the idea.

epicorchard

I guess I was more explaining my philosophy and approach to gardening. I have close to 1,000 hose clamps in my garden this year. Connections are all double and triple clamped. If I were to do that by hand I wouldn't have gotten my drip set up in june. Which would have put me behind on my cages, my foliars, on running my closed loop system, and so on. To each their own, and your garden looks great so maybe a socket is all you need.

Latest posts

Latest posts