What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

ghoti

I know it's probably too early(?) for this, but if have you considered chopping the affected plants and cutting your losses before it's too late? The earlier you remove the extra sick plant from the triples, for instance, the better the remaining two will likely do. Both in sun exposure as well as root space and large source of pathogens or pests.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I know it's probably too early(?) for this, but if have you considered chopping the affected plants and cutting your losses before it's too late? The earlier you remove the extra sick plant from the triples, for instance, the better the remaining two will likely do. Both in sun exposure as well as root space and large source of pathogens or pests.

no i'm probably just going to ride it out. If they start flowering and looks like shit then i will cut them, but for all i know they will still stack nugs.

garden is starting to flower and even the fucked up branches are starting to throw white hairs, so thats a good sign

ghoti

Supply and demand is at the root of free market economics. Even more so maybe in black market economics. Nothing wrong with getting your prices right. After all,isn't that why tickets drop during the flood? And buyers are always shopping around trying to get the best bang for their buck. Why is it wrong to flip it on them?

I think the original poster who mentioned it affecting price meant more about the growers who dodged this issue selling for higher than normal because there's less good shit going around due to many people having fucked trich-less crops. Not the other way around where the guys with fucked crops charge more for their fucked crops than usual, because no buyer's gonna play that game.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Blueberry Hashplant:
JJCOy3Tl.jpg

xzolpQwl.jpg

Sky Lotus:
YVYIKKf.jpg

Ancient OG:
QLbTHMU.jpg

HL45

Veteran
I would look into swirskiis and pfr27 shcrews. I have been ordering swirskiis as a preventative for a while and have yet to see broads come,back since.

With broads I have seen them favor one strain over the other. So it,may be the same with russets..

Keep bungling on!

S

StanKDanK

plants are looking great over there^^
Does that honda pump work well with your drip system ?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
plants are looking great over there^^
Does that honda pump work well with your drip system ?
i still haven't finished the drip. spent a few hours on it today, should be done tomorrow i hope. then i can hook it to the pump for a test run. The honda is great so far though, no issues

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
On the picture without the flash the newest growth appears darker than the rest of the plant. I'd still guess nutrient hotspots in the soil but wouldn't rule out other causes. No firsthand experience with russets so far.

I would have thought that to. Uneven water from a firehose. But if epic has it to...with drip...maybe not.

i really doubt it's dry spots or hot spots. i water very evenly, and the issue is appearing in 3 different types of soil.

Calidude

i really doubt it's dry spots or hot spots. i water very evenly, and the issue is appearing in 3 different types of soil.

I actually have deformed growth on a plant that look like that. The deformity is on all branches above a crack on the main stem. All the lateral branches below the crack are normal. All that wind (whipping back and forth), dry condition, and inconsistent watering...In my limited opinion, these things were the cause of my issue....been looking for mites and have not seen one.

epicorchard

I would look into swirskiis and pfr27 shcrews. I have been ordering swirskiis as a preventative for a while and have yet to see broads come,back since.

With broads I have seen them favor one strain over the other. So it,may be the same with russets..

Keep bungling on!

I second this. In fact, I bet you will lose most of your crop if you don't get on the PFR-97 and release swarskis. Russets can be very hard to find, I use a celeston 200x scope. YOU HAVE MITES!!!!!!!!! It's an epidemic, they are all over the west coast.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I second this. In fact, I bet you will lose most of your crop if you don't get on the PFR-97 and release swarskis. Russets can be very hard to find, I use a celeston 200x scope. YOU HAVE MITES!!!!!!!!! It's an epidemic, they are all over the west coast.

like i said it's definitely possible i just dont see how there would be no sign of them even with 100x scope, also all my plants are from seed..

that celeston scope is expensive idk if i can afford it right now. any cheaper ones? If i buy another (third) microscope and dont find any mites though i'm gonna be annoyed.

i should have sent in lab samples when i first saw the problem. now i feel stupid for waiting so long, but i guess i will do it tomorrow

Hi Shcrews,

By now you seem well aware that you have some type of mite infestation. I believe this is a very solid diagnosis, as I've struggled with this pest for several years down here in SoCal. The clone nursery called Progressive Options was one of the first to broadly (pun intended) spread the horrible broad mite across California grower's gardens. If I were you I would alternate spraying neem (or better Azamax) with pyrethrin derived from a Chrysanthemum every single night for the next 2 weeks. I realize your plants are large and that is a lot of work but those fuckers will devastate your yield and plant vigor. Hope the babies get better.

Peace,
Babombeez

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
By now you seem well aware that you have some type of mite infestation. I believe this is a very solid diagnosis
YOU HAVE MITES!!!!!!!!! It's an epidemic, they are all over the west coast.

vs.

one farmer sent the gnarled branch tip off to be lab tested. No mites were found and still looking for a virus. Almost no one with these symptoms has seen any actual mites. I put my gnarled branch under the scope microbe man sells for compost teas and saw no mites.
so i got a 100x scope today, checked a few different plants and didn't see any bugs.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Damn bro, plants are looking awesome except the ones having the issues... scary stuff man, something I wouldn't wish on ANY grower... good luck and send in those samples ASAP....

Consensus seems like its broads thats going to tough to get rid of, but if I were you I wouldn't wait for results from the lab and id start treating for broads NOW, removing effected branches and at the very least neem'ing everything, before you get to a grow shop to get some miticide

and if its not mites then neem is a fungicide also and would probably help with atleast slowing down the spread, if its a virus I would STILL remove all effected branches/tip, leaving healthy lower growth if possible...

Good luck and please keep us informed

HL45

Veteran
I have never seen a broad mite or russet mite. I have seen eggs which look a lot like sessile glands...

I have dealt with broad mites on a few occasions. The poison route was not ass effective as heat treatments and swirskis. You could have picked them up at cafe Brazil in sc. They are everyewhere, at every growstore on the west coast. Where do many inexperienced growers go when they have bugs, the growstore. That is the biggest vector imo besides clones.

I buy swirskis once a month most of the time. I litter my grow with them. I am about to put my second round of swirskis out on my outdoor. ...broad mites may infect your plants with a bacterial or fungal infection/toxin. They have not identified or named what bms have or do,to plants all we know is that it sucks. I believe it's the same for russets.

If epic has had the same growth as yours I would take heed. I'd hate to see you go belly up this year. I know of people who sold all equipment and the house they owned because of bms..

Good luck bro

ghoti

Does the wind in your area blow mainly one direction?

In relation to the wind direction, where are the plants that are affected?

Is there any pattern you can deduce from this?