What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Damn son shot is looking epic, new plot to boot, Living the dream, I feel yeah on trimming and cleaning up, such a pain, but needed, so u just let your dead leaves drop in the pot or do you remove them?

C

CheifnBud2

Good to hear that the plants grew out of the twisting.

What size pots do you plan for the late garden?

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I'm thinking about doing a small late garden of clones from the big plants, just for some extra weight in the fall. A couple years ago i did a late garden with coco and nutrients, and it came out really nice. or maybe i will keep it organic. first will have to scrape together the funds..
I put out a dozen Forum Cut last year in July, and lovingly smoked on that for head stash. Being in CA, we are in a unique position to produce resin, where most of the country doesn't have the sun. If you are not worrying about a plant count check, then you should be throwing every rooted clone outside through July, in my opinion. From a small time farmer's perspective, with the ability to capture/consume all resin; I say, why not...

HillBilly1

Veteran
more pruning today and if i finish then i can start laying dripline. havent watered in 5 days though so first I will hit them with the firehose :dance013:

they seem to have grown through the leaf-twisting BS, but i still want to send in some samples for tissue analysis. still need to put up trellis too

I'm thinking about doing a small late garden of clones from the big plants, just for some extra weight in the fall. A couple years ago i did a late garden with coco and nutrients, and it came out really nice. or maybe i will keep it organic. first will have to scrape together the funds..
So you going to make some beans? I want to
Get some of that fine lookin Affie. Lol. Let me know
If you need some good Indica dust lol

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Sorcerer's Apprentice:
fnZnPvWl.jpg

Afkansastan x Snow Lotus:
m7fdw83l.jpg

Love Triangle:
1A010HYl.jpg

EastBayGrower

Veteran
funn i took a pic of the norcal sunset last night too, this is from the bay... looking out to alcatraz from oakland..

If u want me to remove it i will... i know its not as pretty as yours :p

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I gotta get out west. I NEED sunsets like that.

IIRC you said the only real training you do is guiding them through the cages/netting to get a round, even canopy. Do you do anything different for the pots that are triple planted?

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Yah ive been pruning out the middle of each pot where the 3 plants grow into each other, basically throwing sucker branches where one big plant would have its main stem

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
laying down drip tubing

laying down drip tubing

i got a helper:
LeVbtZ5l.jpg

YF4PQujl.jpg

9UUw73Hl.jpg

each pot took about 30 minutes just to put in the drip tubing.

O

Oakhills

Shcrews, you gotta get some water in the middle of the pots! Run several drips in there at least, if not more seeing how you laid up the drip line. You can run 1/4 line off the tubing already set in.

There's some good stuff going on in the middle of the pots and it shouldn't be deprived OD water.

Otherwise looking good!

Zz The twisty new growth could have been the result of a spider boom, small spiders hatching or something all at once and then fusing some leaves together and causing other to twist. Just happened to my garden to a few tops and they looked quite similar to yours. I just cleared out the webbing and wiped the leaves with my fingers.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Shcrews, you gotta get some water in the middle of the pots! Run several drips in there at least, if not more seeing how you laid up the drip line. You can run 1/4 line off the tubing already set in.

There's some good stuff going on in the middle of the pots and it shouldn't be deprived OD water.

you can't run the drip tubing in that tight of a coil, it starts to kink... anyway even if there was only one plant per pot then there wouldnt be any dripline in the middle anyway, so i dont think it matters that much

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
Looks like red pumice to me.

I don't like to run the drips too close to the center. Seems as if it can cause or exacerbate stalk issues but I have no scientific proof of that.

Drippers look great schrews.

O

Oakhills

you can't run the drip tubing in that tight of a coil, it starts to kink... anyway even if there was only one plant per pot then there wouldnt be any dripline in the middle anyway, so i dont think it matters that much

It is what it is. Just a thought of running some 1/4 inch line into the middle of those pots couldn't hurt, not on the stem directly, but within 8 inches of it. I know the water spreads out depending on the porosity of the soil and the amount of volume of water affects that (2gph spreads quicker than .5gph).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't like to run the drips too close to the center. Seems as if it can cause or exacerbate stalk issues but I have no scientific proof of that.

Drippers look great schrews.

I'm with you on that...plus it makes the roots travel out...and all the drip line outside cools off the pots

Looking Good:)

Latest posts

Latest posts