What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

reppin2c

Veteran
Howd you get this far without a vehicle? Holy crap. I've always said a car costs you money and a pickup makes you money.

jbarsk8

I second what Yes for prop said.

I also drive a big diesel 4x4, with a flatbed. I could not accomplish so many tasks that I typically do on the farm without my truck, for instance, carrying around 4k lbs of water in a tank on my bed and not having to pay some guy to help me.....it makes a monumental difference. A truck would absolutely change your life and make you even more loot instead of kicking out money left and right to rent things. Just like prop said, a well bought older truck, especially the diesels or old Toyota will hold their value and you can sell them for what you bought them for, maybe even make a buck or two. Plants look great!

X

XxCaptiankushxX

I got myself a 75 Chevy 4x4 short bed. Paid 3000. Engine blew, so I dropped a brand new crate engine ( 290 hp). Was 1900 for the crate engine. So I'm at about 6k into this truck and it will last forever. Has Headers exhaust , 6 inch lift. New clutch , granny gear, 6500 lb winch. Also tow hitch in front and back. Has more than paid for itself. About to build a cabin , I will be needing this shortly to scoop all the windows from Home Depot. Plus I have a 4x4 rig now. Soon I will be swapping 1/2 ton axles. for 3/4 ton axles. Best investment I made for the farm.

HL45

Veteran
That's really weird i didnt know plants could do that. Are you saying i might have reversed a female somehow? cuz i think i just planted a male by accident

Not at all... I didn't know it was possible till it happened to me. Plant hormonal signaling is complex stuff.. I was just commenting that I had seen a female turn into a male before.. Ladyboys.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
plants are looking good.. did the leaf curling issue decrease?

no theres still something weird going on. there is the leaf twisting, and now a new issue too where a couple plants are kind of droopy at the top, and also getting kind of yellow-ish:
qty8tBfl.jpg

I wanted to send in lab samples this week but couldnt, so probably monday. Its really frustrating seeing these problems and i dont know what the cause is or how to fix it.

I have a short bed, lumber rack and a 12' trailer.
I got myself a 75 Chevy 4x4 short bed.
I also drive a big diesel 4x4, with a flatbed.
Howd you get this far without a vehicle? Holy crap. I've always said a car costs you money and a pickup makes you money.
It is common sense and indisputable, a truck is essential.
ok i get it! haha yah i need a truck. probably in the fall if i make it through this season

Calidude

no theres still something weird going on. there is the leaf twisting, and now a new issue too where a couple plants are kind of droopy at the top, and also getting kind of yellow-ish:
View Image

Didn't you change your watering schedule bc you thought you might be overwatering? Could be under watering and windy conditions on your hill.

how tall are your plants now?

S

StanKDanK

View Image
I wanted to send in lab samples this week but couldnt, so probably monday. Its really frustrating seeing these problems and i dont know what the cause is or how to fix it.

I would guess its overwatering for the drooping. good chance its PH issue with the yellowing. if your ph is below 5.5 the N is not available. Do you have a cheap ph pen to test the soil and let us know? also test the ph of your well water. how many inches deep in the soil before it feels moist?

Attachments

• soil-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg
    soil-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 19

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Your plants went without water for 5 days and you come back to mostly healthy and explosive growth ?.....You should leave more often......:biggrin:....now....

Maybe try some of them foliars you been getting told about for the yellowing off and hope things even out...anyways....

Glad yas recharged your battery and got shit movin your way.....Now get back to work and get that drip setup handled....and oh yeah....

Get a truck......:moon:....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Didn't you change your watering schedule bc you thought you might be overwatering? Could be under watering and windy conditions on your hill.

how tall are your plants now?
yah i was watering every 2-3 days but for the last couple weeks i only watered ever 5-6 days. Its easy to tell when a plant is underwatered, it will lose turgor and start to wilt. I'm dealing with something different. possibly overwatering still but idk. Plants are mostly 5-7 ft tall now.

I would guess its overwatering for the drooping. good chance its PH issue with the yellowing. if your ph is below 5.5 the N is not available. Do you have a cheap ph pen to test the soil and let us know? also test the ph of your well water. how many inches deep in the soil before it feels moist?
i dont have a pH pen. soil feels moist for a few days if you reach an inch below the surface

Drip system up yet?

How long do you have the rental car for? How much does it cost?
I'm starting the drip system now. Rental car is $20 per day for as long as i need it

milkyjoe

Veteran
Somehow this has become the spout off random advise thread with no facts backing it up. Even if one of those is right it is just luck. Get that test...if nothing else it will eliminate some possibilities.

Then start asking yourself differences between plants that have it...plants that don't. Old soil vs new soil. Those places where you found water. Anything you can think of.

Randomly follpwing internet advise from guys not growing like you...asking for trouble if you ask me

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn that ancient OG has great structure, but some of the other bodhis are real short and stout.

haha glad im not the only one who echoed getting a truck. shit most growers i know got 2 or even 3 trucks…because the farm truck will garunteed get beat to SHIT, soil and dog hair all over mine. just used my longbed to do 2 plant runs through the gold country mountains, found a dope nursery in grass valley and gonna plant my dep FUCK code enforcement!!

oh yeah i have ONE plant doing something similar to yours, and i highly believe its overwatering and N deficiency as the result of bad PH. this plant has always been real finicky which sucks…it only has a few twists on 2 branches and light yellowing…I'm also thinking possible root disease contraction we shall see how she pulls through.

C

Cep

Also, control wizard moisture/pH probe. It's old Tom Hill advice. The finger test doesn't do you any good if there are dry pockets a foot down...