What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

milkyjoe

Veteran
N is a highly mobile element. Yellowing from lack of N occurs from the bottom up.

I second cep's suggestion And would add a soil ec meter...maybe you need to get those microbes working a little harder...but measure first and know.

Is it old coot mix or new bagged mix?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Is it old coot mix or new bagged mix?

i dont have any new bagged mix. the issues are occuring throughout the different types of soil; old coots, old vermifire, and new coots

plants seem to be growing through it though. still want to get tissue analysis though...

this is the worst one:
At3a0esl.jpg

in this pic you can see almost all the top leaves twisted a bit
ugMcdRHl.jpg

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
FWIW I had issues with the Control Wizard meter. Maybe I got a bad one but neither the moisture or PH function seemed very accurate.

I prefer the 17" Reotemp moisture meter for its longer, narrower probe and the fact that you can re-calibrate it.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
wow thats crazy I've honestly never seen that before….have you scoped them for broad mites thats the only thing that resembled that much twisting.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
thats pretty fucky, i hope she snaps out of it. i had a single branch doing the same type of swirling but my fan leafs were all chewed to shit like a grasshopper, slug, snail or whatever got to it not really sure. but it seemed to snap out of it for the time being. Keep on keeping on bud, hows the drip going, you get her set up?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
wow thats crazy I've honestly never seen that before….have you scoped them for broad mites thats the only thing that resembled that much twisting.
i just checkedagain with a 100x scope and didnt see anything crawling around anywhere on the leaves or stems. I will send some samples in tomorrow.

hows the drip going, you get her set up?
I wish. not yet.

i spent all day pruning bottoms and insides of the plants so i can get in there to lay down the emitter tubing. The triple-planted 800's take almost an hour to prune each pot.

worst part is after a while i get itchy from the fan leaves. I had pants and long-sleeves, but my face was itchy as fuck from brushing up against plants all day.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
more pruning today and if i finish then i can start laying dripline. havent watered in 5 days though so first I will hit them with the firehose :dance013:

they seem to have grown through the leaf-twisting BS, but i still want to send in some samples for tissue analysis. still need to put up trellis too

I'm thinking about doing a small late garden of clones from the big plants, just for some extra weight in the fall. A couple years ago i did a late garden with coco and nutrients, and it came out really nice. or maybe i will keep it organic. first will have to scrape together the funds..

E

ej2012usa

I wish i had more space

I wish i had more space

The new year has arrived and that means big things here at the farm

actually its pretty boring right now.

But we have big plans for big plants! Please follow along and bless me with some good conversation, advice, and questions. It's winter and since they locked the outdoor thread it has been way too quiet here

Since this is the first entry in a year-long journal i will keep it short.

http://instagram.com/motherlodegardens

-24 plants
-800gallon pots
-Bodhi Seeds

here is our biggest plants from last year. The first one was almost 13 pounds:

View Image

View Image
Nice plants.

TriSierra

Seen both those issues at a garden this year. Scoped for mites and got nothing. Looking at the soil test showed ridiculously high levels of soluble Potassium, which was antagonizing the uptake of Ca and Mg. Got them on a more complete foliar program with Sea-Shield, PhotoMag, PHT Calcium and PHT Phosphorus from AEA. Cal Nitrate and Epsom Salt in the drench.

Jury is still out, but the plants looked better within a day.

milkyjoe

Veteran
CaNO3 was something tainio used in fertigation. Imo mothing leads to healthy growth like that stuff...to a point. You gotta bail when flowering starts...or maybe a week before that.

Damn I wish he would have written a book. I will be long dead before agriculture catches up with where he already was. But you young uns...remember milky predicted his genius

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
had to stop work early today, huge thunderstorm rolled in. What is up with the crazy weather? I keep hearing there will be an El Nino this fall? harvest might be rough this year.

Latest posts

Latest posts