What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

HatchBrew

Veteran
so i planted a male by accident, just noticed it today, a Stardawg x Goji OG, triple planted in an 800 so it was easy to overlook. bummer cuz it was the biggest plant in the pot, it will look weird when i chop it. One male out of 60 plants isnt too bad, but i swear i double checked all of them before planting

The drip system looks like it will be a total bitch to set up, because i am going to have to coil the dripline through 3 cages and a bunch of growth. not sure how to do that yet but i have all day to think about it. just finished handwatering with the firehose and everything looks pretty good

Trying to snake drip line into places is a blast... I like to mise en place real well before.

I usually do something like this:
Cut & insert connector for drip lines. I rock drip rings in my pots, so a T & a connector.
Lay out main line
place all drip lines, and connect to main line.
Run & check for leaks/wonky connections.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Fuck my life. Nothings ever simple

Just drove 3 hours to pick up 1.5" tubing that i ordered online from home depot, andit turns out it wont fit in my rental car, and they wouldnt rent me a truck cuz i dont have my own insurance. I already signed for the order so they didnt want to keep the tubing overnight but i convinced them to do that so i can drive back in the morning and rent a uhaul to get the tubing to my house.

Im putting So much effort and stress and money into this drip system. Will be nice when its done. So funny when people tell me something is easy. Not for me, never is.

C

Cep

Don't stress it. I think you'll still be glad when it is set up and running. Hand watering sucks so much more.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Fuck my life. Nothings ever simple

Just drove 3 hours to pick up 1.5" tubing that i ordered online from home depot, andit turns out it wont fit in my rental car, and they wouldnt rent me a truck cuz i dont have my own insurance. I already signed for the order so they didnt want to keep the tubing overnight but i convinced them to do that so i can drive back in the morning and rent a uhaul to get the tubing to my house.

Im putting So much effort and stress and money into this drip system. Will be nice when its done. So funny when people tell me something is easy. Not for me, never is.

Nothing worthwhile is ever simple or easy at first. Just keep your eyes forward and plow through it. Once that drip system gets installed and dialed, you're going to be one happy grower.

One day, you'll look back at all your trials and tribulations and laugh about it all.

HB.

Calidude

Lol, i feel you. Yout got it...its just a bump in the road. Get a motel room, upgrade your rental to a truck. Your babies will be worth it.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
so many similarities.

i found four fuckin males in my garden lol, 2 in the dep and 2 in the double pots. they were such late sexers, i kind of had a feeling it was a risk. anyways luckily the double pots won't be too much of an issue because their counterparts are huge and could use the whole pot. won't look as uniform though..

ran into same issue with cages vs drip line. found it was way easier to coil the tubes first before caging. otherwise you gotta lift the damn cage carefully or snake the line through the bottom, as a last resort use wire cutters on a panel or two.

part of the game man! i remember my first year i bought 1000 ft of 5/8 drip line thinking it was 1/2, cut them all into pieces and coils etc and found out last minute they didn't fit the 1/2 couples i had bought. and then when i first set up my drip she exploded in a half dozen places lol….

hempin aint easy!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
also man get a damn truck!! almost impossible to be a commercial scale farmer without a truck. its one of the most important tools in my arsenal, i rock a 4x4 diesel with a longbed and a camper shell, its rugged and rough but thats fine because farming beats the shit out of your vehicles. i can't tell you how many times having the extra 2ft space in the bed made life much easier…you can buy a good diesel ford or chevy for like 10-15k and it will still be worth almost as much in 2-3 years. Its worth financing if you dont have the funds.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i want a truck but def dont have the money right now. Ive never financed/leased anything, no credit or job ever. plus after i get this drip tubing and some t-posts i really have no use for one anyway. would have made this season easier though.

rentin a car is expensive too though, i'm over it. maybe after this season i can afford a damn vehicle

Calidude

truck is essential unless you get everything delivered, not just soil

Agreed. I have always wonder why Farmer of every kind or non - office workers of any kind drive a truck. It is common sense and indisputable, a truck is essential.

Nvm, i take it back. Instead of deleting last two sentences...my friend who grows 10 plants in his garage don't have a truck but he works full time in the office.

HL45

Veteran
I had a female turn male on me after I pulled it and put it in a pot. She wasn't performing but I didn't want to kill her so I put her in a pot and she went f i 'll on male. There are studies showing that if your prune the roots you can reverse the sex..

I have a short bed, lumber rack and a 12' trailer.

It works better for me to bust out trailer when I need it.. most everything will fit on the lumber rack and I get better mileage than a full size truck.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
u should have figured out how to strap the tubing on the roof of your rental car
thats a good idea... it was too heavy for me to lift though. maybe when i go back in the morning i will get somebody to help me

I had a female turn male on me after I pulled it and put it in a pot. She wasn't performing but I didn't want to kill her so I put her in a pot and she went f i 'll on male. There are studies showing that if your prune the roots you can reverse the sex..
That's really weird i didnt know plants could do that. Are you saying i might have reversed a female somehow? cuz i think i just planted a male by accident

Hey what kind of clamps did you get for the 1.5? I have to run 1.5" poly 800' uphill to my garden tank and was having a lot of problems with the regular worm drive clamps not getting tight enough and my line popping apart on the barbed couplings. But like I said I'm running uphill and I'm using a really strong pump to get it there. I had to switch all my clamps out to these stainless bands that you can ratchet down and fixed the prob.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hey what kind of clamps did you get for the 1.5? I have to run 1.5" poly 800' uphill to my garden tank and was having a lot of problems with the regular worm drive clamps not getting tight enough and my line popping apart on the barbed couplings. But like I said I'm running uphill and I'm using a really strong pump to get it there. I had to switch all my clamps out to these stainless bands that you can ratchet down and fixed the prob.

i just got regular hose clamps from dripworks.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Sky Lotus:
OCs1OvBl.jpg