What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
That Blueberry X Hashplant sounds interesting, I got 11 beans from a buddy that claims its Blueberry X Mr. Nice. I guess Mr. Nice is (G-13 X Hashplant)

It's actually Blue Dream x G13/HP , supposed to be a big yielder, we'll see. It's the only Blue Dream cross i am running. We only have room to grow one blue dream cross so I had to choose between this and the Dream Lotus, and i chose this one because i dont have room for any other Bodhi G13/HP crosses and i wanted to grow at least one, so the blueberry hashplant meets both my criteria for that certain spot in the garden

Mr Nice is a cross from a different breeder but i've seen a lot of Purple Mr Nice in norcal and it looks great, just doesn't get me that high haha

Nice line up! You have a few strains that we wanted but couldn't get in time. I'll have to do more collecting on my off season. I'm surprised you don't have your seeds started for those 800's!? Limitless potential in 4 yds of soil. Are you planting early and adding supplemental light? I can't wait to watch you crush it this season. Good luck with everything this season!
Last year we started some seeds at the beginning of March and i think they got too big for what we needed them for, i ended up chopping them all in half. it was a pain to take care of them for that long in veg. We popped the Bodhi seeds last year on april 1, and averaged 8+lb per plant even with some 400's mixed in.. Late March/Early April is a good time to start.

I think starting them too early causes a weakened immune system near harvest = PM / mold etc. I don't plan to use any supp lighting, just veg the seedlings in cups under t5's for a couple weeks and then i gradually aclimmatize them to the sun so they can go out in 5gal smarties for a month or two before final transplant. I want to have them in the ground by may 24th, earlier if possible but we have a lot of soil work to do

The sun up here is really strong, no supp lighting needed for seedlings they just do what they do. It's 90 degrees today nice weather for gardening :)

anybody have experience pulling out T-posts? any good tools or tricks i should be using? i have given up on pullin them out by hand in this hard clay

ApolloAK

It's actually Blue Dream x G13/HP , supposed to be a big yielder, we'll see. It's the only Blue Dream cross i am running. We only have room to grow one blue dream cross so I had to choose between this and the Dream Lotus, and i chose this one because i dont have room for any other Bodhi G13/HP crosses and i wanted to grow at least one, so the blueberry hashplant meets both my criteria for that certain spot in the garden

Mr Nice is a cross from a different breeder but i've seen a lot of Purple Mr Nice in norcal and it looks great, just doesn't get me that high haha

Last year we started some seeds at the beginning of March and i think they got too big for what we needed them for, i ended up chopping them all in half. it was a pain to take care of them for that long in veg. We popped the Bodhi seeds last year on april 1, and averaged 8+lb per plant even with some 400's mixed in.. Late March/Early April is a good time to start.

I think starting them too early causes a weakened immune system near harvest = PM / mold etc. I don't plan to use any supp lighting, just veg the seedlings in cups under t5's for a couple weeks and then i gradually aclimmatize them to the sun so they can go out in 5gal smarties for a month or two before final transplant. I want to have them in the ground by may 24th, earlier if possible but we have a lot of soil work to do

The sun up here is really strong, no supp lighting needed for seedlings they just do what they do. It's 90 degrees today nice weather for gardening :)

anybody have experience pulling out T-posts? any good tools or tricks i should be using? i have given up on pullin them out by hand in this hard clay

I just popped seeds this last week. I'm running hoophouses this year and only have 10' of clearance. When do you think I should start pulling a tarp? Going to be running 65 gal pots, I'm hoping to pull 2-3lbs a plant on average

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
The beans came from the Redding area 2 years ago. All 11 givin to me came up for me, IDK its suppose to be a blueberry X mr. nice. I have a buddy that is really picky when it comes to herbs and he said it was in the top 3 all time for him and he's 40 years old... I hope you crush it again this year bud, I pray to have some land sometime in my lifetime even though i don't smoke much anymore, i just love starting something and it ending in someone else's pleasures

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I just popped seeds this last week. I'm running hoophouses this year and only have 10' of clearance. When do you think I should start pulling a tarp? Going to be running 65 gal pots, I'm hoping to pull 2-3lbs a plant on average

you might want to use bigger pots like 100gal, and start pulling tarp in june. You are asking the wrong guy though, i have never grown light dep liek that .

Anyway it all depends on the strains but 3lb per plant is pretty easy you could probably get them pulled pretty early if you start them now. Last year we had a Flo x OG seedling that was sprouted late and abused, went in the ground at 1ft tall in late july, and by harvest in october it was 3.5lbs.

RckyMtRdnk

Ive used a high lift jack/farm jack and a piece of chain. It's kinda sketchy til you get the hang of it. Wrap the chain around the t post a few times as close to the ground as you can,then loop it over the jack, and the jack will do all the hard work. They come right out in like a minute.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I didn't know if you knew what I was talkin about so I found a picture.
thanks. that looks easy.

i searched google and they make T-post pullers. not sure how well they work though. and idk where to buy one. maybe home de pot would have them

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
seed planting time
miEYrQOl.jpg

theJointedOne

Veteran
That Mr nice cut rolls through norcal is an early one. Turns purple if you let it go. Grew a shit ton of that one. She can make dam near torso sized colas...

I hit that cut with gscxsdibl pollen couple years ago. Still have hella those left lol

Shrews,
Had a question on the coots mix your using. Does it take you through the season with no extra feeding needed? Do you foailar with PPD or anything else along the way, or teas maybe? Or just straight well water for the season?
In 100gal smarties over here, and been using maxsea, doublejj style, been wanting to switch things up.

I got a t post puller from the ace down the road. It's super simple and easy while the grounds still soft. If you put a chain on it you can rip out rebar super easily too
Hey just got my soil sample back and I'm looking pretty stripped. Would amending with that cootz mix (amendments only)be loaded enough to take it through veg?

Cannavore

Veteran

damn you shoulda did more g13/hp crosses. the one i tested all phenos were straight up belters compared to the snow lotus line which has phenos in there that get me high for 30min and build a tolerance to after smoking a quarter.

agree with mr nice and purple mr nice... compared to ndnguy's 88 ghp line its like trying to get high off a cigg.

BigNoise

That's nice to hear about the G13/HP and Blueberry Hashplant. I think I'm going to order a pack each of BH and Goji OG.

You ran the Goji in 2013 or 2014 didn't you Shcrews?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Shrews,
Had a question on the coots mix your using. Does it take you through the season with no extra feeding needed? Do you foailar with PPD or anything else along the way, or teas maybe? Or just straight well water for the season?.
last year we didn't use any foliar or teas, just well water. plants did fine but the ones in smaller pots did fade a little bit at the very end of the season, but yield and quality were still great.
Would amending with that cootz mix (amendments only)be loaded enough to take it through veg?
yah probably, theres a lot of stuff in that mix.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
damn you shoulda did more g13/hp crosses. the one i tested all phenos were straight up belters compared to the snow lotus line which has phenos in there that get me high for 30min and build a tolerance to after smoking a quarter.
nice to know i can expect good things from the 88g13/hp crosses. The other ones we considered were the Cherry Hashplant and the Red Eye Jedi
I think I'm going to order a pack each of BH and Goji OG.
You ran the Goji in 2013 or 2014 didn't you Shcrews?
i've never grown the Goji, just the Ancient OG which is supposed to be similar. i highly recommend both.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
It's hot out and i have to do weedwacking all day, i 'm almost done though. today will probably be the last day of it.

we just got a 30yd. dumpster dropped off , theres a huge redneck-style trash pile on the property which has been accumulating for a couple years and needs to be cleaned up before the start of this grow season. I am scared to see what kind of critters have made homes in there...