What's new

moonshine mix

BBWluva

is anybody using R/O water with this mix,if so are you using cal-mag? if so how much per gallon and how often through flowering?

J

JollyGreen

BBWluva said:
is anybody using R/O water with this mix,if so are you using cal-mag? if so how much per gallon and how often through flowering?

Hey BBWluva I used distilled water early on seedlings and got cal mag def. Since then I have switched to spring water. I foliar spray 1 tsp to a gal. of water when they show cal mag def. I think I'm gonna start to spray weekly because my orange kush is Cal Mag HOG. Hope that helps.

Orange Kush S1 day 1 of Flower

Wsup msm Crew, Just read thru the entire thread lol. This place is almost better then OG kinda, ha!Anyways the i usto run the MSM mix and got some awesome results on some J10, Orange Kush The O.K, sr71 Pk. Some stank dank budds but i've moved on since then and now im runnin Coco! I"ve gone coco crazy!

k+ to everyone!

nice

BBWluva

what is everyone doing at the 30 day mark of flowering? are you top dressing or using some sort of liquid nutes or tea mix? just curious to see what you guys are using...

mysta177

day 30 a lil top feed will do. Ive also used fish mix and cal mag. The fish mix seems to work the best. Here are a couple pics of my new grow. Not the best but thats my fault as Ive has some issues while on vacation.

BBWluva

thanks for the reply mysta...have you tried or know anything about that mothers earth tea mix that moonshine talked about using ?

G

gratefuldawg

What a thread you got goin here Mysta.

I cheated on my last moonshine grow, I don't think I added enough FF POM, so I had to feed some pureblend bloom about 20 days into flower. Nugs turned out great, I had to cut them about 20-25 days early due to a move, but everyone around me still loved them, best smellin budz I've grown too. I could see if I did the proper portions, the mix would be great. Moonshine on drippers is where it's gonna be at next. I want nice cameras that can zoon in on the leafs, so when their droopin I can feed them with a press of the button...oh ja!

mysta177

BB I havnt tried it but I hear it works great. let us know!

gre8 howzit bro? Yea the mix speaks for itself .....its gre8....lol. When you coming around next? I might have some gifts dog! MSMix in drippers your gonna have to share with us cuz Ive been wondering myself.

G

gratefuldawg

Good man, hope all is well. Plannin on bein up there around Apr. 20th for sure. Maybe sooner if I get dem damn drippers goin. My goal is to legally grow a bunch of good meds outdoors with a moonshine drip system that runs off a solar panel water pump, and a creek. I think I have the pot karma comin to me where that will soon someday happen. Talk about Peace of Mind. But this aint Fox Farm POM, this is gratefuldawg POM.

later moonshiners-

I'll leave with a tip. 1tbsp dolomite lime per gallon of mix if you use RO water worked for me, I didn't do it last time, but the time before..and the one with lime was way better. Has the perfect 2-1 Calcium/Magnesium ratio. Strain dependent, add more or less.

ReeferDan

so my ladies got a huge N deficiency. Yellow ass leaves and purple stems as of about 4.5 weeks of 12/12. I added some cal/mag plus to try to help with my last watering (saturday) but still no real help... I water with 1quart of water once a week and its bubbled for about 5 days and then ph'd to 6.5 right before i water them with The EJ ph up/down. I dont know why they got a deficiency, the plant get real dry, almost to a slight wilt and i water. Maybe just a really N hungry strain? Im going to take some pics later on tonight and post em up.

Let me know what you guys think. Ive watered the plants with a couple of teas as well that were made with "sub culture" supposed to make a billion benefical bacteria per teaspoon of dry mix.

Will giving them a Earth Juice grow this far into flowering hurt? my next watering will be on saturday and that is about 5.5 weeks of 12/12, this is a 7-8 week strain. If the yellowing just started now i wouldnt really worry, but it happend at the half way mark.

Bud structure/growth looks great, and the frost is there, just yellow fan's.
I'll post up pics later, let me know what you think.

sophisto

ReeferDan said:
so my ladies got a huge N deficiency. Yellow ass leaves and purple stems as of about 4.5 weeks of 12/12. I added some cal/mag plus to try to help with my last watering (saturday) but still no real help... I water with 1quart of water once a week and its bubbled for about 5 days and then ph'd to 6.5 right before i water them with The EJ ph up/down. I dont know why they got a deficiency, the plant get real dry, almost to a slight wilt and i water. Maybe just a really N hungry strain? Im going to take some pics later on tonight and post em up.

Let me know what you guys think. Ive watered the plants with a couple of teas as well that were made with "sub culture" supposed to make a billion benefical bacteria per teaspoon of dry mix.

Will giving them a Earth Juice grow this far into flowering hurt? my next watering will be on saturday and that is about 5.5 weeks of 12/12, this is a 7-8 week strain. If the yellowing just started now i wouldnt really worry, but it happend at the half way mark.

Bud structure/growth looks great, and the frost is there, just yellow fan's.
I'll post up pics later, let me know what you think.

interested to see the N problems????

ReeferDan

sorry i forgot my camera when i watered em on thursday, ill get some pics on saturday definately. Id like a diagnosis as well... Pretty sure its N problem though...

ReeferDan

Well, i tested my cheap e-bay "milwaukie" ph pen today and it turned out it was reading .8 high. When i first Calibrated it the plants looked like this:

By the time the PH pen got outta whack the plants let to looking like this:

I was taking these off weekly: :badday:

But the buds still developed...

I wish i would have been able to see how well they did with the correct ph/ nutrient availiblilty :bashhead:

I thought i was watering them with ph 6.5 the whole time, but it was really 5.7. I cant find my ph chart right now, what nutrients would that lock out, or make unavailible?

i also agree that it is probably not a pH issue. sounds more like they used up a bunch of N due to how far into flowering they look to be. have you added any ferts besides pH'ed water? might be too late now, but next time...

gregor_mendel

If there is a source of nitric acid that you consider organic, you could use that for watering instead of the more likely phosphoric acid.

ReeferDan

Well, i transplanted them, and vegged em for a week or so, then flowered them, so maybe they used up the N during that time. Mostly, i used plain water. A couple times i watered them with this: http://www.plantitearth.com/store/product.asp?pid=491&catid=1 in a tea, and the plants exploded with growth. I have to check my log, but sometime midflower, i gave them a tea with earth juice bloom, catalyst, and microblast just to give em an extra bump.

Then soon after that pic of the really green lush looking plant, the plants came down with PM. I treated it with this stuff : http://www.plantitearth.com/store/product.asp?pid=491&catid=1
and soon after the yellowing started. It made the PM go away though, i gave this to em with a foliar the same day i watered them for two weeks straight and the PM went away until a few days ago.

Maybe i watered to infrequently? I would water with 1 quart of water every 7 days. The plants are in 1 gallon pots. Most of the time the fan leaves would have just started drooping slightly. Not really a wilt, but a couple of times the plants were wilted, i guess they were extra thirsty those weeks.

Any more info you guys think you need? I want to figure out if its a Def, or a burn from the spray, ph issue, or a watering issue? Probably next time i'll give them the MSM mix soil without the dry ferts in there and just water with EJ. Maybe i'll give them the dry ferts and just give em some EJ grow the first couple of weeks of flower? I dont know what im going to do... i gotta get this sorted out. I wanted to try this mix to make my life easier, but i was bubbling water to get the chlorine out anyways so it would only take me an extra 5 min to put some EJ nutes in there to make a tea and just be in full control of what nutes my plants are getting at what stage of their growth...

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks
RD