What's new

moonshine mix

H

HighonthePrize

Hello all. I currently have 4 Double Kush and 1 djs Blueberry that have been veggin for 3 1/2 months. I started 15 seeds in paper towels: 5 BB, 5 DK, and 5 LUI freebies. Of these, 4 DK, 3 BB and 3 LUI popped. They were moved into light warrior 16oz cups. The LUIs and 1 BB never made it through the soil. The remaining plants did very well for the first few weeks of life, despite temps getting into the 90's. I transplanted into 1gal pots of MSM at about 3 weeks, with the exception of 1 BB that was VERY small(which I ended up culling). All seemed to really take off and were doing well for about 1 week. these pics are at about two months. At this point I believe I had been overwatering(every 3 days) and all were infested badly with spider mites.

It took me awhile, but I finally got rid of the mites with neem oil, although I still did not realize I was overwatering till about 3 weeks ago when I bought a moisture and ph meter.(before this I had just been ph-ing RO water to about 6. now it has been 9 days since watering and 9 days before that. Do these pics look like lockout due to my overwatering? How long will it take them to rebound? 3 of the DK seem to be stunted and have stopped branching at all.

PicosPoisonftw!

may have been answered already but which black gold product are you calling for in this mix? Could I use the cocoblend and leave out the bricks?

Last edited:

ReeferDan

Im starting to get a small deficiency, not exactly sure what it is yet. I'll get some pics during lights on tomorrow, but its some small slightly yellowish spots, as well as the fan leaf stem turning purple. Maybe i watered too frequently? Plants have been looking great so far though, no probelms at all, i think i might have watered too soon on this last watering. I'll check my logs.

If there isnt an overwater problem, can i water this mix with a little EJ microblast or some epsom salts?

mysta177

ThePieEyedPiper said:
I always get a good laugh when I see someone names their mix as if they had a patent or something]

So what should the name be? And thanks for sharing your knowledge with us as it helped us out a lot! Better patent your nick :muahaha:
Go troll somewhere else!

mysta177

MissesMTL said:
Bump for a great recipe
tried and true!
Your 100% right about that! Thanks for the 411.....any pics or tips you got feel free to share!

On the other hand..........I have decieded not to flower with the mix I vegged in anymore. From now on I transplant ALL ladies from a msmix/veg to a flower mix and a bigger pot. I have noticed they take off a lot faster and heartier. No more adding and changing this concept around! Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Danknuggler

Hey Mysta! Wut up bro? When you do your transplant from veg to flwer what do you do different to the mix for flower? I know that the last time I did this mix for flower the only thing I did diff was add the Fox Farm POM F&F. And you? nuggler

mysta177

Danknuggler said:
Hey Mysta! Wut up bro? When you do your transplant from veg to flwer what do you do different to the mix for flower? I know that the last time I did this mix for flower the only thing I did diff was add the Fox Farm POM F&F. And you? nuggler

I just use the 3 bag for veg then transplant into flower with the POM and starter mix along with a bigger pot. Im just not veg with the same soil I flower with.
Rollin Face said:
Yo Mysta, how did u like Nor Cal....i cant PM you but hell i cant wait to use this mix man..soon very soon!
RF....Howzit bro? yea the harvest party was the sh.it. Cant wait till next year :rasta: I cant belive I meet BOG.......and got some Beans!!!!! :headbange

Last edited:

Danknuggler

and by "starter mix" i'm gonna assume you mean the Fox Farm Planting Mix (guano\castings)?nuggler
So you got to see old Boggy huh? If I may ask what seed did he drop on ya?I actually just did a couple of trades recently and aquired some Bogglegum F2's and some Lifesaver F2's I used to want to order some Bog seeds but I was taking it for granted that he would always be around and now he's gone from here and his seeds are like rare now almost. Laters Mysta and thanx for reply man.nuggler

Ray Dogg

hi all i just got my M/S mix im going to get some colnes thay come in rockwoil. so put thim in 16 oz cups 1st right. do i water a lot or a littel thin wait 4 to 7 days.also whin do i put them in one gallon pots.and thin 3 gallon pots. im going to have 6 plants in a c13.for my 1st grow.any thing elce i need to know? ...thanx

J

JollyGreen

Ray Dogg said:
hi all i just got my M/S mix im going to get some colnes thay come in rockwoil. so put thim in 16 oz cups 1st right. do i water a lot or a littel thin wait 4 to 7 days.also whin do i put them in one gallon pots.and thin 3 gallon pots. im going to have 6 plants in a c13.for my 1st grow.any thing elce i need to know? ...thanx

Hey Ray Dogg, clones dont have that many roots to uptake alot of water at first, just remember you want your mix moist and airy, not water logged and not be able to get oxygen to the roots. I have the same setup you do, and I like to use 1/2 gallon grow bags and then transplant in 3 gal. square pots. I think 1 gallon pots make it harder to transplant. Good Luck and May The Force Be With YOU!

Siddartha

I've got roughly 5 sq.ft. of floor space and like 3 ft of height total. I think I'm gonna start seedlings in beer cups, xplant to 1/2 gal bags and top when recovered, then xplant to 2-3 gal bags for flower. Assuming I have 4-6 plants I'd probably have enough for 2 runs if I only buy the minimum of everything (1 bag, 1 box, etc), right? Do I have the order right as far as topping vs. transplanting?

mysta177 said:
I see... Im using a 400 watt hps. could I go back to veg?
YEA U CAN GO BACK 2 VEG GROWTH I DONT KNOE WHAT UR USEING 4 NUTES THOE BUT ID PUT EM BACK IN2 VEG FOR 24HOURS OF LIGHT 4 A FEW WEEKS THEN DROP IT 2 18

mysta177

Wow thx wick.............I remember that post like a year ago. lol. I didnt go back to veg I just ran them thru till the end. Thats how I got hooked to this mix!

mysta177

Danknuggler said:
and by "starter mix" i'm gonna assume you mean the Fox Farm Planting Mix (guano\castings)?nuggler
So you got to see old Boggy huh? If I may ask what seed did he drop on ya?I actually just did a couple of trades recently and aquired some Bogglegum F2's and some Lifesaver F2's I used to want to order some Bog seeds but I was taking it for granted that he would always be around and now he's gone from here and his seeds are like rare now almost. Laters Mysta and thanx for reply man.nuggler

Fox Farm Peace of mind the light blue colored box in the back

Yea BOG was..........lets says feeling kinda good...lol. I dealt mostly with Mrs.BOG. That is one of the nicest ladyz I meet in a long time. She hooked mr up with the best he has....SB BX 4. She also said there are alot of "fakes" going around exp the BX3 and BX4. She said they havnt done beans for years....and that the only way to get them is like how I did. Anyhow Im lucky to get the real deal. I also meet Eddy Lepp.....nice ass person.

PicosPoisonftw!

Regarding the watering issue. Would it be detrimental to an early plant's health down the road if you allowed it to wilt in order to establish a watering schedule that's a couple of days before "wilting point"?