What's new

moonshine mix

mysta177

I dont know about bigbloom I havnt tried it and prob wont. Most strains I have used dont need any additional feeding in it. I think only one and thats the sssdh do very well when waterd correctly.
Dan- If im not mistaken FF is from up north? I dont think it should be hard to find. Check the yellow pages or I think FF has a link from there page to wholesalers.
Jiggy- If i was going to ph my water Id keep it at about 6.2.

ReeferDan

ha, right after i posted that i called plant it earth and they carry it. Funny because its not on their website and definately not on the "showroom floor" where all the rest of the soils and grow mediums are. At least not last time i was in there looking for it...

Oh well as long as they have it im happy!

Hey Reefer Dan-

West Coast Growers on Market (about 4 blocks down from Plantit Earth on the other side of the street) also has the big & chunky perlite. WCG's FF b&c perlite - $16.00, Plantit Earth's $24.95

I expect a little price variation between the local hydro shops, but that's over 30% more for the same bag!

While we're on the subject of where to buy Fox Farm products in the Bay Area, who carries the FF Original Planting Mix in the city. Most of the shops that carry FF soil only have OF and LW. Anybody know of any nurseries or 'dro shops in the city that have the Planting Mix?

ReeferDan

bob's your uncle, Thanks for the price comparison!!! very much appreciated! I'll call them and stop by after work.

I found the Planting Mix at "Three Bee's Nursery" on clement and about 16th ave (definately inbetween park presido and 21st ave on clement). They are a "fox farm dealer" and have most all of the dry ferts too. I called them yesterday and they had 7 bags of the planting mix (castings guano red bag for $13.99), this is also the only place in the city that ive found it. They will also special order products too or try. They can put you on a "wish list" and when the stuff comes in they will give you a call for first dibs. They dont carry any of the happy frog line though.

Best prices ive found as of today

FFOF - Plant it earth $12.50 ($13 at WCG)
FF B&C Perlite - West Coast Growers $17.00
FF Planting Mix - 3 Bee's Nursery - $14.00
FFLW - Plant it Earth - $11.50
Ive only seen the Dry ferts at 3 Bee's Nursery and they are both about $10

So today after work and tomorrow morning before work im going to go round up my original MSM mix! Hopefully everything will be in stock.

Should be about $65-$75 for the mix depending on which dry ferts i buy.

One question for the experts.... Im going to be doing a SOG grow and im going to put clones into a 4" round pot, then transplant into 1gal pots for flower. NO intermidediate transplant to a 1/2 gal or something. PRetty much just get the clones to root in the 4" and then transplant, root for a couple more days in the 1gal and then switch to 12/12. With such a short time spent in the 4" pot and a short veg all together, should i even bother getting the fox farm starter mix? Will the regular soil mix be enough to veg em for like a week or two?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Kailua Kid

Nor Cal Perlite in the Bay area makes the B&C for FF. They market it under a few other brand names with a little lower price tag if you're not hooked on the FF label. :wink:

ReeferDan

Kailua Kid said:
Nor Cal Perlite in the Bay area makes the B&C for FF. They market it under a few other brand names with a little lower price tag if you're not hooked on the FF label. :wink:

Care to share which other labels are the same as the Fox Farm? I am a big cheapo!!! So if its the same thing and it costs less I'm all about it. :joint:

mysta177

ReeferDan said:
One question for the experts.... Im going to be doing a SOG grow and im going to put clones into a 4" round pot, then transplant into 1gal pots for flower. NO intermidediate transplant to a 1/2 gal or something. PRetty much just get the clones to root in the 4" and then transplant, root for a couple more days in the 1gal and then switch to 12/12. With such a short time spent in the 4" pot and a short veg all together, should i even bother getting the fox farm starter mix? Will the regular soil mix be enough to veg em for like a week or two?

Thanks for any help!

I would say you would see better result using it but dont have to have it. I did a 3 week veg in the msm and only got a lil yellow at the end of a 62 day flower period. I would be more concerned using a one gallon pot for the duration of the flower per. Thats where most of your prob is going to come from.

Kailua Kid

ReeferDan said:
Care to share which other labels are the same as the Fox Farm? I am a big cheapo!!! So if its the same thing and it costs less I'm all about it. :joint:

I'll try and find those for you. And I agree with mysta. Unless you plan on feeding you're going to need bigger containers.

ReeferDan

i have some EJ and some guano. I'll probably make em some teas to supplement.

HOw many time are we supposed to transplant in flower? I thought it was transplant and then switch to flower and you are good. Am i mistaken?

Kalua Kid, never mind i already bought the FF perlite today

ReeferDan

do you guys think that there is enough nutes in 1gal of this mix to last throughout flower with plants that are <18" tall?

I figured regardless with this base mix i'll be able to feed a little extra on the top of what the soil provides. (guano/Earth Juice tea with "sub culture" benificial bacterai)

ReeferDan

No worries. Let me know if they have the "starter mix" in yet. THey didnt have any when i was there yesterday. There should be about 4 bags left of the FFPM.

RD, just got back from 3 B's and that's a negative on the "starter mix". I think I'm going to just add the F&F during my next pot-up unless I come across the "starter mix" beforehand.

Although I haven't completed (flowered) a run with the MSM yet, the cuts I have going in it right now are by far the most healthy, green, leaves pointing up plants I have ever run.

Cheers

ReeferDan

Nice to hear, i just gotta pick up som Light Warrior and some 4" pots and 1gal pots and i'll be on my way to my first run with the MSM mix.

mysta177

Sweet......Post up them pics when you do!!!! Well I Fcked my run up as I missed a watering. My girl turned off the AC in the room when I was on my yearly hunt and them lil bastards dried out a day early. Oh well Im going to foiler feed some bountiful harvest and see what happens. Looking a lil yellow.

FlamingPoo

alright lemme start off by saying "overgrow the planet". :rasta:
it's been a long time since i have typed those words. i remember a very ruff year, a lil jail time, some heart break, a few moves, hell even a raid. but none of it compared to getting out jail and picking up a issue of HighTimes and reading about 5-6 yrs of my life gone(I am a O.G. at O.G.). Not to mention all the friends i made. Well I'm beyond my paranoia and trepidations. Now for something new, After losing genetics that had survived in my mentors garden for 20 yrs. I ordered seeds from Nirvana ((AK-48 / Skunk#1 / Cali-O) free DPxSk#1) and some Karma seeds from a bag of so called GDP.

So in the spirit of it all I made a new setup :jump:
and I'm doing 12/12 from seed kinda...

400wxHPS/MH
Cooltube
265cfm Dayton blower
200cfm Carbon filter
3'x3'x5' homemade box lined with panda film
very basic setup indeed.......

I kinda cheated, these guys were in cups for 5 days Veg, then into bags for Flower. I am also trying a new soil mix well actually an old one for me. I'm using moonshine mix in 1gal bags. Should work out great i used to make my own soil which is basically same exact thing.

popped 4 Mystery seeds(GDP bagseed) a day before my seeds came in mail i got impatient and wanted to test my setup. So the mystery seeds are a day ahead and are marked with pink, AK-48 is marked yellow, And SKunk#1 is marked Blue...

Plants are officially on day one(10-7-07) and i will switch to Hps later.
Also i am popping 4 Cali-O and 4 DPxSK#1 since the 10 cali's i tryed to germ just wouldn't take off at all really bad seeds.But the genetics are there and if i can get a few i will be good. So out of 34 seeds i got 19 seedlings probably would have better results but i stop caring about any seed that takes longer then a day to sprout........... :muahaha:

bong_chat

Ok so I am seriouly wanting to use this mix for my next grow. I like idiot proof, cause, well, lets just say I could kill a plant at 30 paces with a glance. The less I mess with it the better.

My hydro shop has all the FF bags I need. The big question I have is it looks like all the POM dry mixes have been replaces with happy frog. It looks like the F+F and starter mix for happy frog have the same NPK values as their POM counterparts. Does anyone know if they are exactly the same, or should I look into ordering the POM.

Also can both mixes be added to the MSM at the same time? Or will it be too much for the girls? I think this was asked before but I'm not sure if it was answered.

ReeferDan

What does everyone store their MSM mix in when not using it? Im going to mix up a whole batch and im only going to use like 10-15 gal of it for the first run. WOuld a rubbermaid tub suffice or should i just put it back in the bags of soil that i mixed up?

I think i read that someone said that it fits very nicely in the bag form the Chunky perlite? Would that be fine?

Pretty much just want to make sure that it wont get messed up if its sitting in a rubbermaid container for 6+months.

Any input is appreciated! Im going to mix the mix today and the plants should be in by next week!