What's new

moonshine mix

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
FRIENDinDEED said:
i have a silly question, i have been followin' this thread all teh way, i understand teh FF:OF/LW, EJ, PBP, and allat.

have to be honest i havent followed the MSM recipe to the fullest, but its not too late for me to do so. i have definitely experienced the heat prob, over water prob, i am sure i have a pH(water prob) and all of this will be taken care of the come the next pay check, but i have to know. . what the hell is "POM" ?

nobody uses the damned names anymore, and it always sorta floats off half way in the thread lmao. . . dont get me wrong , love it, but damned its hard to keep up sometimes lol

oh and i wanted to ask, can i use my soil pH tester to test my water, i figured it could be possible since it was a solid rod, but has anyone else ever eperience/try this?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My wife reads my posts sometimes, she tells me I write in code all the time, we use the shortcuts so often I'm hopping we are being fair to newbs. :spank:

S

Congrats MSM on soon to be 40, 000 views.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
ok . . .so your wife and i have something in common. . . thats . . . a.. .. cool, yes very cool, and i am sure your wifes' a wonderful person. . . . but uhhhh.. . .. .what the hell does POM stand for?. . ..anyone, anyone? lol

thats cool though man, my wife "seems" to be interested, but ina amore DEAish "whats he up to now" sort of way, but i dont know, she is more the strict one :spank: , and i am funlovin and carefree :rasta:

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
oh damn!!! lol. . . , :rasta: hey SUBY sorry about that , i didnt mean or seem to be rude, bruh , wheni opened the thread it went right to the 36th page and my answer is that last one on page 35 heh heh heh. . :bashhead:

oh and by the way, cani substitute the FF planting mix for Pro-mixBX? (since i have that big ass bale that i really dont want to go to waste :badday: )

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
It's all good man.
I believe the FF is richer as the PM is more of a substrate/peat based blend.

S

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
hey i was wondering, since i have been reading this thread, that MSM said that the blackgold was used more so to cut the entire mix as opposed to any actual or rather substantial nute value (although it has a substantial nute value, not saying that it doesnt).

could one use the the promix line in order to "cut" the mix (i know everyone wants to stick to the formula, yes i know if it aint broken dont fix it, but) instead of the blackgold?

FRIENDinDEED said:
i have a silly question... what the hell is "POM" ?

nobody uses the damned names anymore, and it always sorta floats off half way in the thread lmao. . . dont get me wrong , love it, but damned its hard to keep up sometimes lol

oh and i wanted to ask, can i use my soil pH tester to test my water, i figured it could be possible since it was a solid rod, but has anyone else ever eperience/try this?

POM stands for Peace of Mind, which is a product line of Fox Farms. Lately, they have started making another product line, Happy Frog. I got some sampler bags from a local shop of the Happy Frog and did a side by side with that vs. POM. As the Happy Frog that I got was a Starter Mix, I side by sided it with POM Starter. I did some searching on the internet and I can recall... the two were basically the same thing, only they had a few different microbes.

as for the pH tester, I'd say if the soil tester works in liquid, then go for it. The only way to know anything is by testing it...possibly with a calibration solution. If it doesn't work, then break down and spend $30 on eBay. If you don't have the dough, do some searches to see how people adjust their water to ~6.5 with whatever pH you have. If you have city water, you should be able to call them up and find out what the pH is. For example: my water pH is around 8.1...it takes ~1/8 tsp of cider vinegar/gallon to bring it down to the 6.5 range. I've never measured it in a tsp, but i approximate this as i go to the first thread on the inside of the plastic bottle cap. In the past, before I was using the MSM, I was pH adjusting my water without even knowing it...I was using pH 8 water and adding Earth Juice ferts, which bring the pH down...no wonder why those buds were so fat and sticky compared to straight tap water. On another note, I also always keep a 5-gal bucket of water with an airstone inside of it.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
thanx HghONpottery, i never thougth to just ask the water company about that, i will though, i was/am watering with jsut plain tap water, sounds crazy but i havent had to the loot or time to go get pH up/down or a tester. but , i have to hoenestly say that it is getting kinda fun, just coming up with stuff around the house to solve my problems, saves moeny and kinda stays in line with the whole organic theme of things lol.

i have a soil tester, but it just stays on 7.0 :confused:, put it in my premix soil for flower/ veg and seed, left it in for about an hour for each one and it jsut stays on 7.0, i think either its no good , considering that all those soils have different nutes in them. and yes i have a 5gl pail full of bubbled water ready to go at all times. i think i may go ahead and test it in the water in a minute and see what happens, will let you know.

well i'll take stab, gotta question, i tooka stab and took some clones from my plants way too early, and forgot to mark them. i have 2 xSSH left over from 4 after switching to 12/12. now i took the clones , all are rooted but just dont know which ones are which (lord knows i am learning, like my dad always said, my probllem was i make little mistakesthat end up having greater effects, but anyway) i ahve 12 cuts in all and honestly i am glad they all took, since i really didnt use any additive to help teh rooting process,had some treated plugs but tats about it. can i switch those clones to 12/12 , sex them and then keep teh females but switch back to 24/0?

i am gonna start this question in a thread and hopefully, it can generate some responses. the items in question:

(http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1255140#post1255140)

***lmao*** , thanks for tellin me about the POM thing, i just hated following teh damned thread all the way through and then feeling like i was "not in the loop" anymore. but once i learned i felt like i needed :bashhead: for not knowing lol
thanks once again.

Last edited:
coco chips

coco chips

OK so I just had a failed coco grow where I had to uproot 16 plants so I decided to switch to MSM for its simplicity and almost guaranteed success. I have TONS of coco chips that are washed along with some coir that I need to find a use for. Can anyone give me a MSM recipe with the coco chips incorporated into it? Perhaps instead of the perlite? I was thinking of using the chips on the bottom layer but I think it might keep the soil too wet. From what I've read MSM needs to dry out between waterings to work...

Any help in this direction would be much appreciated as this is my first grow with an organic soil mix.

-rob

hbstoner

i just transplanted into the origional moonshine mix.. 1 bag of each and POP fruit and flower and starter mix. Just want to say that im amazed with the results so far. There was no transplant shock at all , even after me breaking up the rootballs before transplanting. 3 days after transplanting and watering once the growth is amazing.. ive never seen plants so happy using any kinda of fertilizer before. I give this an A++++ so far, more to come later and ill post pics when i get some buds forming.

slappymcgee

hbstoner said:
i just transplanted into the origional moonshine mix.. 1 bag of each and POP fruit and flower and starter mix. Just want to say that im amazed with the results so far. There was no transplant shock at all , even after me breaking up the rootballs before transplanting. 3 days after transplanting and watering once the growth is amazing.. ive never seen plants so happy using any kinda of fertilizer before. I give this an A++++ so far, more to come later and ill post pics when i get some buds forming.

I agree, this is my first real organic grow and it's almost at a zen level of 'easy' so far. It's just feels right feeding my girls only plain water and burnt sugar.

Chemicals suck.

mysta177

Just mixed another run of the MSM before I go into the woods for my yearly hunt!!!!When I get back I hope to get some MSM beans to go with the mix! PIMMP

90059_16_07_003.jpg

90059_16_07_006.jpg

90059_16_07_007.jpg

90059_16_07_004.jpg

chem...OG....BlackberryBubba...BannanaKush.....sssdh!
90059_16_07_008.jpg

BBWluva

does anybody use bottled water with this mix? i am using tap water right now and lowering the ph with earth juice down.the problem is i am running into what i think is salt build up around week 6 of flowering.i am not sure if it is from the earth juice or something else.what are you guys using as far as water and ph down....is anyone else having this problem?

BBWluva

here are some pics.that is great white shark at day 47 of flowering,in the original msm with the fruit and flower plus the starter mix.i ph the water to 6.5 with earth juice down,i have had the same problem with every strain i have grown in this mix right around day 30-40 it starts.it does not matter if i top dress or not the same problem happens.the temps and humidity are normal,i think it is nute lock due to salt build up but not sure.is anyone else having this problem?

GrassRoots

BBWLUVA in the mandala forums MandalaMike recommends using apple cider vinegar to lower ph and lemon juice to raise it and says that those ph up and down chems are very harsh and can cause a salt buildup in your soil. I find the vinegar to be very effective myself.

I am running my first run in the original MSM mix with POM F&F but not the Starter Mix. (next run, my shop didn't have it). I will post my results when I'm finished but if anyone wants to check it out I have 3 mandala strains going in it and the link is in my sig.

Last edited:

slappymcgee

GrassRoots said:
BBWLUVA in the mandala forums MandalaMike recommends using apple cider vinegar to lower ph and lemon juice to raise it and says that those ph up and down chems are very harsh and can cause a salt buildup in your soil. I find the vinegar to be very effective myself.

I'm using white distilled vinegar for ph down (just takes a drop or two in 5 gallon buckets, 7.5 to ~6.7). Works beautifully. There's no reason to pay more than a few cents for ph adjustment products.

pizzadude

i have had similar issues, are u letting the mix dry out completely between waterings? Is the whole plant effected? just top, just bottom, etc?

also is the water "hard" in your area?

BBWluva

i go around 5-7 days between waterings in 5 gallon pots, they are dry when i water.the problem starts at the top and works it's way down the plant.i don't think the water is hard because i have never had this sort of problem when using any other soil mix...i am wondering if it is the earth juice down,it's suppose to be safe for soil and soilless mediums but who knows???is anybody using store bought water on this mix? maybe i should try the vinegar??

Latest posts

Latest posts