What's new

Mars Hydro LED

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Has anybody looked into leaf surface temps vs. Air temp with the SP line? I use a vpd calculator that i can adjust the difference between leaf surface remps and air temps and from what ive read, LED lighting with no IR waves is roughly 3 degrees C less than air temp, with HPS more like +6* C. Im wondering where the leaf temp would fall with the SP series. Right now im using -2* C, and seems to be working good, but i dont have a thermometer to read leaf temps.

PS i love the idea of having 2 SP6500 in a 5' by 5'

This is a question that i didn't meet. Anybody would like to share your ideas? :thank you:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
What a big strain under TS lights! It is almost thick like forearm. lol :woohoo:

To get the same light here: https://bit.ly/30DesD0 Discount code"ICMAG" :dance013:

Attachments

• TS.jpg
    TS.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 17

kamyo

Veteran
Not very impressive, It's almost comparable to a 150w hps.

I'll keep using my 600w hps.

It's one of 10 plants in 1gal bags in a 3x3. If HPS works for you, that's great. I'll take less than half the power draw and cooler temps, but you do your thing.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
It's one of 10 plants in 1gal bags in a 3x3. If HPS works for you, that's great. I'll take less than half the power draw and cooler temps, but you do your thing.

Don't forget Half the yield too, no doubt the quality is there tho.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't forget Half the yield too, no doubt the quality is there tho.

I disagree. The first run I made with LED, was seed plants and my yields were not far off from clones runs. I think with proper training the right LED lamps could certainly compete numbers wise with HPS, in a watt per watt setting.

Just as CMH is 630w to compete with a 1kw - I think the LED is closer to 600w to compete with 1kw standard HPS.

If you yields are down under LED, get a better LED or learn how to adjust your growing methods to accommodate the change in lighting.

dank.Frank

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
I disagree. The first run I made with LED, was seed plants and my yields were not far off from clones runs. I think with proper training the right LED lamps could certainly compete numbers wise with HPS, in a watt per watt setting.

Just as CMH is 630w to compete with a 1kw - I think the LED is closer to 600w to compete with 1kw standard HPS.

If you yields are down under LED, get a better LED or learn how to adjust your growing methods to accommodate the change in lighting.

dank.Frank

Thanks DF, I'm looking for positive testimonials with hard hitting evidence, numbers and pics of course.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Watt per watt i think hps is already beaten. But bigger efficiency should mean better yeld. So led should win everytime. I think to get that a grower needs to learn to use them to the maximum and not treat them like hps or floros or other kind of light. Once that is done they should be a winner.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is 2/3rds of the room in the picture.

Space is 2.5' x 5' and has a 58 gallon organic, water only, soil bed. Think the run was around 22oz if I remember correctly with 2 x 200w panels. Yes. Only 400w. 1.54 GPW.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These were all seed plants on their first flowering cycle. LED is competitive.

dank.Frank

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
This is 2/3rds of the room in the picture.

Space is 2.5' x 5' and has a 58 gallon organic, water only, soil bed. Think the run was around 22oz if I remember correctly with 2 x 200w panels. Yes. Only 400w. 1.54 GPW.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

These were all seed plants on their first flowering cycle. LED is competitive.

dank.Frank

That is an impressive number!

Buds look frosty and tasty. :smokey:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
More shots from new released SP6500.

It is available in USA warehouse. If you are in USA mainland, you can order from our website now. https://bit.ly/30DesD0 Discount code"ICMAG" :huggg:

Attachments

• SP6500.jpg
    SP6500.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 18
  • 6500 (2).jpg
    6500 (2).jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 6500 (3).jpg
    6500 (3).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 6500 (4).jpg
    6500 (4).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 20

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Curious still. My SP3000 has 4 UVB diodes in the 290-320nm range.

By default, one would think the SP6500 would have 8 per lamp - but it still has just the 4, albeit spread out about the same.

Is there more advantage running 2 x SP3000 vs 1 x SP6500 due to the extra UVB???

Also, why the switch to the invertronics ballast? What does that allow for that the previous ballast did not?

dank.Frank

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Curious still. My SP3000 has 4 UVB diodes in the 290-320nm range.

By default, one would think the SP6500 would have 8 per lamp - but it still has just the 4, albeit spread out about the same.

Is there more advantage running 2 x SP3000 vs 1 x SP6500 due to the extra UVB???

Also, why the switch to the invertronics ballast? What does that allow for that the previous ballast did not?

dank.Frank

This is the initial version of FC6500, we might add more red or blue or UV in future if these can contribute to the light performance.

2xSP3000 might offer more even coverage than 1xSP6500.

Inventronic driver has the same quality as meanwell. Many commercial growers asked about it. So we use it for SP6500.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Wow that's close to the light.

Customs is only for entering the country, once inside, a roll of sticky labels to be applied before dispatch to the customer shouldn't cause any issues.