SP6500 (1).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 18
  • SP6500 (2).jpg
    SP6500 (2).jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 18

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
650w and 3x5 area, it looks dope but that gotta be the most awkward coverage/wattage ive seen. Do they make 3x5 trays or tents? Seems like it would be overkill for a 2x4 area, and 2 of them in a 4x4 would be 1300w, kinda defeat the purpose of going led, since u could rock a de hps and get way better penetration for lower wattage.
Not trying to talk shit jus kinda curious why or who this is for.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think these are less for the tent faction, but commercial growers?
Aren't commercial grows/ tables roughly 5' wide? And traditionally under 1k lights?

Unfortunately I can't fit them in my 2x2 tent hahaha
CC

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I've got 600w available in my 4.25 x 2.25, we'll see if its over kill as I start to crank the watts up from 300 in veg during flower. But yeah I imagine its aimed more at the commercial market. Although a 5 x 3 tent would be a perfect fit for one of my walls. If mars started making them, I'd probably buy one

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think in general more "odd" sized tents would be nice and a great addition to the square footprints. Simply to fit in better in various settings. A square is often not my preffered shape to be able to fit a small tent in somewhere.
CC

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
A three by 5 tent would actually be perfect for a spot i got too... but Id need a 3x5 tray. Maybe a 2x4 in it would work though really.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
650w and 3x5 area, it looks dope but that gotta be the most awkward coverage/wattage ive seen. Do they make 3x5 trays or tents? Seems like it would be overkill for a 2x4 area, and 2 of them in a 4x4 would be 1300w, kinda defeat the purpose of going led, since u could rock a de hps and get way better penetration for lower wattage.
Not trying to talk shit jus kinda curious why or who this is for.

Nice question. The coverage is according to the Par data. If people want to use it in 2x4 tent, they can dim the light. Same solution for 4x4 tent with 2xSP6500. The ideal grow tent for 2 pcs is 5x5 grow tent.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New Arrival: SP6500 is available in USA warehouse now. :bis:

Power: 650W(Dimmable)
Coverage: 3x5ft flowering
Chip: Samsung and osram
Driver: Inventronic

If you live in USA mainland, you can order through: https://bit.ly/30DesD0
Discount code"ICMAG" :biggrin:

This lamp is PERFECT for my setup. Going to need 2 x SP3000 for my spot - this fixes that issue. Guess I'll be upgrading again after this harvest...

dank.Frank

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
This lamp is PERFECT for my setup. Going to need 2 x SP3000 for my spot - this fixes that issue. Guess I'll be upgrading again after this harvest...

dank.Frank

Right! I think they made this light specifically for you df! Lol!

kamyo

Veteran
A couple shots of a Malawi x PCK grown under a TSW2000. In a 3x3 having enough light isn't even a concern. In fact, it might be just a bit too much, but I can see it being perfect for a 4x4 tent, depending on the height. I currently have mine dimmed a bit.
picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It seems the SP6500 uses less or completely dropped the far blue UV spectrum from the lamp compared to the SP3000? I see it listed in some places and not listed in others?

I'm really liking exactly what I'm seeing from the SP3000. One of the issues I had with non-HID lighting previously was weak/thin/wispy stems. Usually this could be averted by increasing airflow over the plants and that would stiffen and thicken stems.

I can say with complete security at this point, such thin stems are NOT an issue under the SP3000. Have nice, thick, hearty stems forming on all plants. Same as if they were under a HID light.

Very pleased to see this as it means I can reduce veg time once transplanting into the final soil bed prior to flower. I should be able to transplant and flip these ladies just as they are without additional veg time.

dank.Frank

Has anybody looked into leaf surface temps vs. Air temp with the SP line? I use a vpd calculator that i can adjust the difference between leaf surface remps and air temps and from what ive read, LED lighting with no IR waves is roughly 3 degrees C less than air temp, with HPS more like +6* C. Im wondering where the leaf temp would fall with the SP series. Right now im using -2* C, and seems to be working good, but i dont have a thermometer to read leaf temps.

PS i love the idea of having 2 SP6500 in a 5' by 5'

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
A couple shots of a Malawi x PCK grown under a TSW2000. In a 3x3 having enough light isn't even a concern. In fact, it might be just a bit too much, but I can see it being perfect for a 4x4 tent, depending on the height. I currently have mine dimmed a bit.
View Image
View Image

Thanks for the feedback, buddy. :huggg:

The buds look really beautiful. Hope you had a nice harvest.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
View Image
View Image

Not very impressive, It's almost comparable to a 150w hps.

I'll keep using my 600w hps.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
It seems the SP6500 uses less or completely dropped the far blue UV spectrum from the lamp compared to the SP3000? I see it listed in some places and not listed in others?

I'm really liking exactly what I'm seeing from the SP3000. One of the issues I had with non-HID lighting previously was weak/thin/wispy stems. Usually this could be averted by increasing airflow over the plants and that would stiffen and thicken stems.

I can say with complete security at this point, such thin stems are NOT an issue under the SP3000. Have nice, thick, hearty stems forming on all plants. Same as if they were under a HID light.

Very pleased to see this as it means I can reduce veg time once transplanting into the final soil bed prior to flower. I should be able to transplant and flip these ladies just as they are without additional veg time.

dank.Frank

Glad to hear that. :tiphat:

the thick stem might help increase the yield?