What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Whokaers

Hi everybody :smoke:
Very sorry to be that guy, but
@Whokaers
Why would you want to add terpenes though?? (And especially if your cobs are already your new preferred daily smoke)

Once you get the the growing and cobbing right, they will be fragrant enough. No extra perfume needed!

Very interested in your tincture experiments, though!!
Not only because I have a fair stash of midsy cobs myself, but also it could (should?) offer some real advantages compared to other extraction methods (easier, much less solvent needed, plus likely a superior final product). Both for the homegamer and at scale.
At least, I am myself more than tempted to try to tincture a pound of cob or two. But for the same amount of flower, no way. At least not at home.

Keep us updated! Also, I can attest to that both blueberry and blue dream cob heavenly well!

I just wanted to try something different. Someone gave me a bunch of free terpene samples and I have lots of cob to play with.

I could actually do a few different extractions. Maybe some cob bubble hash or a honey oil? I'm open to suggestions! I would prefer something that would be full spectrum and not a distillate.

Now you got me really excited for the blueberry!!

Whokaers

For my darker cures I let the harvested buds dry for 1-3 days (depending on ambient temperature and humidity). This way the buds are still pretty wet as that is what will allow the chlorophyll to break down faster. I also do my initial cook at 108f for 48 hours. After that I open the bag and let the herb dry for around a day or so, the reseal and let sit at 75-85f for 2 weeks. Then it they go into dark storage for a minimum of 3-6 months.

I also find that Indica varieties are greatly enhanced by this method and greatly enjoy Pakistani and Afghani kush types cured this way. Especially when eaten they are magical 🙌🏼

The beauty of this hobby is that we get to explore the different reactions from different strains. You inevitably will come across some varieties that smell even better once dark cured. The blueberry might be a good candidate as I had other Peruvians that smelled of pure blueberry and strawberry. I’m currently waiting to harvest a Egyptian x Peruvian that smells almost identical to the Blueberry/Strawberry mother 🥰 When she was dark cured her blueberry scent morphed into a delicious creamy berry with notes of tobacco and black pepper 😋

🪷Jai Maa Tara🪷
Awesome, we are pretty much doing it the same way. 2 Day hang dry, cook at 104f for 48 hours, quick dry and then 2-3 weeks at 84F in the cobatron. They are at 4 almost 5 months aged now.

The lighter cure I let it hang dry for 8 days and do the same thing.

The Egyptian x Peruvian sounds amazing!

Hasch

learning and laughing
My first cob 😁
PXL_20240923_193819564.RAW-01.MP.COVER_exported_1193.jpg

Buds are 8Miles High, dryed for a day. Wrapped in corn husk.

PXL_20240923_194116032.RAW-01.MP.COVER_exported_980.jpg PXL_20240923_194856131.RAW-01.MP.COVER_exported_1041.jpg

Now sweating for ~24h at 40°C.

Then idk yet 😜
Will now read further in this epic thread on how to proceed.

Any tips or pointers are appreciated 🙏🏼