What's new

Thai

BC LONE WOLF

Lovely @BC LONE WOLF looks like one is already showing signs of being pollinated :yes:
When breeding, better use clones from selected well tested parent plants rather than pollinate blindly.

Yeah early pollination was done because I have a one of a kind male with strong structure, so the male was not blindly selected. I also wanted to do most of the pollination process as outdoors as possible and being 49N I know after September non stop rain will kill the pollination process.

On the other hand I do have 3 clones of each Chiang Mai which will be tested during winter so I can know if it’s worth or not to keep the seeds I have already made. I’m also planning on testing progeny this winter. Clones and seeds on the same run.

I don’t have same parameters of breeding ACE has, I’m hoping to create a large gene pool for my future enjoyment, I have all the time in the world to do testing in the future.

One question for you if I may; when I read the description on these Chiang Mai; it says a well worked line. Would that imply that breeders here have already made selections ?

GainesvilleGreen

Lovely @BC LONE WOLF looks like one is already showing signs of being pollinated :yes:
When breeding, better use clones from selected well tested parent plants rather than pollinate blindly.
Expected a little better of a response from you @dubi. This guy is clearly respresenting YOUR brand of Thai ACE growing on this thread with great looking plants. He's told you multiple times he lives in the 49n trying to repo some beans for his outdoor micro grow.
We all know about clones but we all don't grow on multiple acres like you do from ACE.
Why put in feedback that's so basic, which YOU know, he knows about already!?
Have you seen his Duterte's (Phillpino male) ? You should be applauding it my friend.

H e d g e

@BC LONE WOLF great post for #420 in the thread! Beautiful plants😍.
@dubi you were right about my strawberry, I flowered the seed plant and it’s about 50:50 male female. I’ve not given up on it yet though, this is it grafted onto Baluchi rootstock.
Might be happier living in a small pot as a scion if the roots have a bit less vigor.
image.jpg