What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Wow!, 5 goes to get an get a line in; that's not so good.

And yes, the senior nurses do have more experience than junior doctors; As a senior nurse, I was asked many times by a young doctor "hombre, what i do/ give them?"

Personally, I avoid big Pharma whenever I can. These days I'm more into traditional Chinese medicine and restoring energy imbalances.

I have a Lot of hospital horror stories that I could tell!

The night before my brain surgery, I was rolling a little doobie sitting on my bed behind the closed curtains, when a nurse walked in on me. I was surprised and expected to be told off, but instead he took me to a place to smoke it so that no-one smelt it.

Many of the doctors and nurses (especially in psychiatry) get high.

Did i get high whilst I was working?, what do you think?😂

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I've been doing tinctures for the past 4-5 years and about 6 months ago I started mixing 2 with good results. Cobs should be no different. I use the whole plant in tinctures for the entourage effect.
I made my first tincture a while back.

I used 10g of home made mixed Sativa hash (2nd quality) and about 20g of indica cob. The hash I decarbed but the cob just went in ground up.
I used some 190% proof alcohol to soak them for a few days, before draining off and then reducing it slightly.
The resulting tincture is a medicine. It is not for getting high; Cob is for getting high. This tincture gets you stoned, real stoned!. A drop under your tongue and you'll feel some effect within 2minutes and it will continue to build and build. 3 drops at night and even I am stoned the next day.😂. It's proper medicine!

And because the solvent is almost pure alcohol, you can put a drop or five (😂) into a spliff, (as my insomniac daughter did the other night and slept like a baby).

Tangwena

Veteran
I made my first tincture a while back.

I used 10g of home made mixed Sativa hash (2nd quality) and about 20g of indica cob. The hash I decarbed but the cob just went in ground up.
I used some 190% proof alcohol to soak them for a few days, before draining off and then reducing it slightly.
The resulting tincture is a medicine. It is not for getting high; Cob is for getting high. This tincture gets you stoned, real stoned!. A drop under your tongue and you'll feel some effect within 2minutes and it will continue to build and build. 3 drops at night and even I am stoned the next day.😂. It's proper medicine!

And because the solvent is almost pure alcohol, you can put a drop or five (😂) into a spliff, (as my insomniac daughter did the other night and slept like a baby).
I'm going to have to try some for sleeping, these Mulanje cobs stop me sleeping at night ha ha.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Slight change of plan, or perhaps I should say recipe.
We're going out to lunch with some friends and so I replaced the Green Haze A19 part with Destroyer, to give a much more lively (and hungry!😂) effect.

We're going to the coast! Our friends are also eating cob and the restaurant staff all know us! Oh, And it's a really good Indian (rare in Southern Spain). !And the price for 4 of us will be less than for one in the UK!
We're blessed!, good cob, good friends, good food and a chilled place to eat it!

Have a great Sunday brothers and sisters! ❤🙏

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Would it be a good idea to mix in a little glycerin to take some of the "sting" out of the alcohol???
I don't see why not, although it would obviously make it slightly weaker.
The sting from mine is not so bad, as you only need one or two drops at the most to get a strong effect.

Some use entirely glycerine, but then then resulting tincture can't be used in a spliff.

Last edited:

ost

Sorry @ost 🙏🏻. Hope you get well soon bru that sounds like a nightmare !
this has been pure hell i don;t member the first 9 days then they thought it was time for me to come out of sleep mode the breathing tube was really messing with my mind plus not conforeable at all. so back under for 5 more days,during this time they pulled breathing tube then wanted me to talk my mouth is still swelled near shut, all i could do was mumble and cry from flustration !my hands and arms were swelled so bad i could not controll my hand to write a ledgable set of words,enough to scare the shit out of me,i,ve been in rough shape before just not this bad!there are a couple of nurses i owe big time they took on the doc telling him i had controll of my legs and balance just needed the chance to prove it!

ost

Wow. Glad you are still here Ost. This is a crazy story. What would the doctor have done if the nurses didnt stick up for you? Are you feeling better now?
short of a little cornbread getting hung up in my throut last night every thing is working fine,do'nt think any of it made it to my lungs it took some hacking and gaging but i got it coughed up!
Wow. Glad you are still here Ost. This is a crazy story. What would the doctor have done if the nurses didnt stick up for you? Are you feeling better now?
much better, thanks for the thoughts ,man sometimes the old body do'nt do things like it did 20years ago,please keep a close eye on your health your health stands between you and a rough time in a doc's care, a small mistake on their part will have flat on your back for weeks i went in the hospial at217 lb baled out 5 days ago at 172 lb. i was hungrey enough to study on a head shot on a armadillow and a bar b q grill i have to eat really slow to controll the food in my mouth breakfast takes about a hour to eat saftely swelling in the lower jaw area is still not normal!yesterday my primeara care physition seemed to think i was a little weak but i looked better than he expected me to look!me i'am happy to be able to burn 1 and enjoy smoking a j and not coughing my head off,

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
this has been pure hell i don;t member the first 9 days then they thought it was time for me to come out of sleep mode the breathing tube was really messing with my mind plus not conforeable at all. so back under for 5 more days,during this time they pulled breathing tube then wanted me to talk my mouth is still swelled near shut, all i could do was mumble and cry from flustration !my hands and arms were swelled so bad i could not controll my hand to write a ledgable set of words,enough to scare the shit out of me,i,ve been in rough shape before just not this bad!there are a couple of nurses i owe big time they took on the doc telling him i had controll of my legs and balance just needed the chance to prove it!
Ah man! @ost, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so unwell; I knew you were unwell, but didn't realise how poorly you have been. You will be in my prayers brother.
I'm an ex nurse. They are your best friends. Sadly, junior doctors know little compared to senior nurses, but the better one's at least listen to the nurses.

When you are well again, I'd love to talk to you about your experiences of being sedated.

Get well soon brother.

Sending you much love.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Sadly, a lot of junior and some senior dr's are dickheads. As we nurses say "just a little prick with a needle" 😂

Thankfully, most of the time they listen to the nurses.

I avoid big Pharma and doctors as much as possible.
They tell the patient "you've experienced an idiopathic syncope", when what they mean is, "you fainted and we don't know why". Far out. Thankfully as an ex professional, once they know, they start to treat you as an intelligent human being. Sad but true, at least in the UK. 😢

Hey there @Tangwena little update on the first go with one of the mango ladies that flowered 105 days. Chopped her and she hang dried for 4 days before I wrapped her up. The initial sweat I used 32 grams, wood pulp parchment paper (unbleached) wrapped in hemp rope. The sweat was done in a yogurt maker. 24 hours at 108 degrees F then 7 more hours at 120 degrees F. She currently sealed up on day 5 since the sweat. Lots of chocolate Thai coming down in the next couple weeks. Gonna do a bunch more.

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2742.jpeg
    IMG_2742.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2737.jpeg
    IMG_2737.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2740.jpeg
    IMG_2740.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey there @Tangwena little update on the first go with one of the mango ladies that flowered 105 days. Chopped her and she hang dried for 4 days before I wrapped her up. The initial sweat I used 32 grams, wood pulp parchment paper (unbleached) wrapped in hemp rope. The sweat was done in a yogurt maker. 24 hours at 108 degrees F then 7 more hours at 120 degrees F. She currently sealed up on day 5 since the sweat. Lots of chocolate Thai coming down in the next couple weeks. Gonna do a bunch more.
Very nice drier style of cure my friend after a spot of aging thats going to be some very terpy well cured herb.
I like the colors already and after such a long sweat it not turning dark tells me your in for a sticky golden cure.
The Chocolate Thai will be unreal if you do a similar style of cure nice job man.

ost

Ah man! @ost, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so unwell; I knew you were unwell, but didn't realise how poorly you have been. You will be in my prayers brother.
I'm an ex nurse. They are your best friends. Sadly, junior doctors know little compared to senior nurses, but the better one's at least listen to the nurses.

When you are well again, I'd love to talk to you about your experiences of being sedated.

Get well soon brother.

Sending you much love.
THANKS@Hombre del mont ,i a'am tryin to stick with cobs and cannabis,leave the room when my wife lights a cig!
There may be some truth in what you say, however, as an ex health care pro, I'd sooner go to a teaching hospital, as they have high standards to maintain when teaching.

Saying that, I hate the places too and discharged myself 7 days after my brain surgery.

Get well soon @ost
i'am getin better dayly just not fast enough to suit me!

Very nice drier style of cure my friend after a spot of aging thats going to be some very terpy well cured herb.
I like the colors already and after such a long sweat it not turning dark tells me your in for a sticky golden cure.
The Chocolate Thai will be unreal if you do a similar style of cure nice job man.
I’m not sure what it looked like after the ferment. I never unsealed it. There were no visible signs of moisture leaking thru the vacuum seal. So I kept it sealed and let it go. I’m gonna open it up this Sunday for the first time. That’ll be about 10 days after sweat

Cap.420

Hello, guys
7 months ago, I made cobs for the first time and I'm sure that the fermentation went well IMG_5220.jpeg IMG_5219.jpeg but I think that the temperature in the crockpot was too high, and because of that I lost the 60-70% of taste, but the feeling of being high is very strong IMG_5216.jpeg IMG_5218.jpeg . greetings from sunny :headbange🌞Croatia IMG_5263.jpeg Stay healthy and high:rasta:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hello, guys
7 months ago, I made cobs for the first time and I'm sure that the fermentation went well View attachment 19031894 View attachment 19031895 but I think that the temperature in the crockpot was too high, and because of that I lost the 60-70% of taste, but the feeling of being high is very strong View attachment 19031898 View attachment 19031897 . greetings from sunny :headbange🌞Croatia View attachment 19031899 Stay healthy and high:rasta:
Looks about perfect to me!

Have you tried chewing it?

Latest posts

Latest posts