What's new

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Think I might have opened outside and filled with water in past. That way when shaking the crap out of jar to break it up spores would not go everywhere.

Be careful because some of the contamination could very well be toxic.

I can't afford to risk my health if I can help it.

A gal on mycotopia fell deathly ill after opening a few jars... she recovered but it took months.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
I thought 1500 was dangerous for a grow room. Wouldn't that much be fatal?

Found this -

• Short Term Exposure Limit (STEL): 30,000 ppm for 15 minutes
  • Long Term Exposure Limit (TWA): 5,000 ppm average over 8 hours
im not sure what fatal level are but we knew we were close definitely in over our heads with that ordeal i was just a helping hand once steppin inside the room could tell somthin in the air.never forget that run plucked so many my fingers were stained blue for days and days

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Think I might have opened outside and filled with water in past. That way when shaking the crap out of jar to break it up spores would not go everywhere.
what?

fully colonized jars will be one mass, iirc & there will be no spores until they fruit and break veil.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
what?

fully colonized jars will be one mass, iirc & there will be no spores until they fruit and break veil.
Talking about contaminated jars. Had a BRF cake recently that colonized, and went grey. Fortunately that was wide mouth and came right out. Planning ahead in case any quart grain jars go bad. Have also thought of UVC in a reflective box so light hits everywhere.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Not sure if this link will work. Thought I had already posted, but have had issues posting links recently. Stamets is pushing psilcybin, lions mane, and niacin as an over the counter brain supplement. WIll go through FDA so 7 year minimum. Using very small dose (which is confusing since they vary greatly in strength) about .1 gram. Idea is that the niacin which helps, will also prevent people from using to trip or get high, since too much niacin is very unpleasant.

https://microdosinginstitute.com/microdosing-101/substances/lions-mane-stacking/

Loc Dog

Veteran
Just wondering if analog hygrometers are still best for fruiting chambers. In the old days learned the hard way that digital ones died at around 90% humidity. Are there cheap digital ones now that will survive?

Found some with external sensors for about $3. Just hoping the sensor does humidity and not just temperature.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Not sure if this link will work. Thought I had already posted, but have had issues posting links recently. Stamets is pushing psilcybin, lions mane, and niacin as an over the counter brain supplement. WIll go through FDA so 7 year minimum. Using very small dose (which is confusing since they vary greatly in strength) about .1 gram. Idea is that the niacin which helps, will also prevent people from using to trip or get high, since too much niacin is very unpleasant.

https://microdosinginstitute.com/microdosing-101/substances/lions-mane-stacking/
BudToaster mentioned this in post #103 on page 6.
I posted two youtube vids in posts #316 & #378 about this also.
there is a phone app where one can participate in the study of micro-dosing.

You're Invited to Join the Study in the Quantified Citizen App​

1. Download our secure research platform Quantified Citizen from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
  2. Sign up anonymously.
  3. Tap "studies" in the bottom menu
  4. Locate Microdose.me in the list of studies
  5. Tap the Microdose.me study card to begin the enrolment process.

Open to psychedelic users AND non-users.

forgive me not following every post to understand about the contamination. my bad.
stay frosty

moose eater

Pastel-colored and black molds are your greater concerns in your jars, and can even take place during and after fruiting your cakes, as well as after inoculation, sometimes in minimal view.

Why I always insisted on eating/testing my own home-grown mushrooms before transferring to anyone else; if someone was going to get sick, or worse, there was less bad karma and liability if that person was me.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Saw someone in a FB group that was using micropore tape on every hole on a shotgun fruiting chamber. Won't that cut down on fresh air exchange?

moose eater

Saw someone in a FB group that was using micropore tape on every hole on a shotgun fruiting chamber. Won't that cut down on fresh air exchange?
I used blue painter's tape on my perforated lids when I sterilized the medium in the jars and would peel back the blue tape far enough to insert the sterilized spore syringe tip when I inoculated, then replaced the tape afterward. Only had one failure that I can recall, and every jar from that syringe failed, leading me to believe it was a contaminated syringe from the start. And my spore source sent me a coupon for a free syringe, as they do any time there's a problem, or sometimes, 'just because'. They've been my go-to for spore syringes for decades. Honest, helpful people and very reasonably priced.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I used blue painter's tape on my perforated lids when I sterilized the medium in the jars and would peel back the blue tape far enough to insert the sterilized spore syringe tip when I inoculated, then replaced the tape afterward. Only had one failure that I can recall, and every jar from that syringe failed, leading me to believe it was a contaminated syringe from the start. And my spore source sent me a coupon for a free syringe, as they do any time there's a problem, or sometimes, 'just because'. They've been my go-to for spore syringes for decades. Honest, helpful people and very reasonably priced.
I have lifetime supply of micropore tape, since can only buy 12 rolls. The shotgun fruiting chamber is a large clear bin, with I think 1/8th inch holes every 2 inches on every surface. Had never seen someone cover the holes with micropore tape which breathes but no mold can pass. Was just wondering if that was a good or bad idea. I do not recall from 15 years ago, but do not think I ever had a tray go bad once fully colonized. Would be easy to cover the holes, but wondering if it is bad idea and will prevent enough fresh air exchange. Lost my login at shroomery so created new account, and no one replies to new member posts.

moose eater

I have lifetime supply of micropore tape, since can only buy 12 rolls. The shotgun fruiting chamber is a large clear bin, with I think 1/8th inch holes every 2 inches on every surface. Had never seen someone cover the holes with micropore tape which breathes but no mold can pass. Was just wondering if that was a good or bad idea. I do not recall from 15 years ago, but do not think I ever had a tray go bad once fully colonized. Would be easy to cover the holes, but wondering if it is bad idea and will prevent enough fresh air exchange. Lost my login at shroomery so created new account, and no one replies to new member posts.
Never used that set-up or tape.

Early on did the classic aquarium with custom aluminum framed lexan lid and an internal diagonally mounted lexan atomizer lid inside to spray against.

Doing it that way with a spray/mister bottle, there's lots of removing of the lid, either to mist, or to suction excess moisture/water from the bottom of the aquarium, and especially as the vitality of the cakes wanes, they can get more easily infected.as, but it was what I had rigged back then.

Sub24ox7

Well I have one mushroom fruiting lol..
IMG_2775.jpeg
IMG_2774.jpeg