What's new

m-39 is it still around?

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
It is still a gem in my garden, been working with it for years. Just starting to do a few cross's with the mom we've had here for a very long time. The 39 was gifted from a female grower from northern Quebec. 39 is a great med cannabis for sleep disorders, been smoking it for years and it still puts me to sleep.

DocPouceVert
I would say it's real weed, what ever that means lol.... if you grow shit, it will be shit.

Last edited:
Black Rain : I'm not saying that M-39 is totally BS, i smoked some really good joint of this strain,

I also noticed that M-39 can have good medical effect....but for me its really far to be a connoisseur weed.

The grower like it for its good yield in weather like quebec short summer, but honestly could you say that M-39 has a distinctive taste and buzz.....i dont think so

You can find tozen of strain with better taste and better effect....you use it for sleeping...you can find way better weed for that than the old
"high shool" weed.

Anyway if you like it, its fine for me, but i really think that m-39 monopolize too much the market around me

B

Brad

im not so nice,as a plant its easy to grow and get yeilds but M-39 is crap smoke. if you grew m39 where im at, you would not even be able to sell it. it does ok when cross breed with something more potent... like this for example B-39(m39 x Blueberry)

Last edited:

satty

M-39 is on the menu at quite a few compassion clubs
in Ontario.
Its always top shelf medical grade.
Very good for folks who need a heavy indica.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
That's a nice looking cross BB2. 39 isn't for everyone, I guess we all have our favorites. We'll put a lil twist on it and see how she fairs.

bagofscwhag

i hate M39!

i hate M39!

stay away from that stuff,its the most commercial stuff around and were i live thats allllll there is,nothing bud bad tasting bland bud with a 5 minute uncumfotable buzz.

my 2 cents but honestly inve never met someone who actually like this stuff ,its garbage

Croissant

agreed m39= dull, stupid, groggy feeling high. Some specimens can smell like heavy heavy spice. I think someone needs to infiltrate the hells angels just to give them a better strain! m39 is not dabney blue!!

Che

Veteran
I've seen good and bad M39 in Ontario too. It depends on the grower, as all of it was commercial and some markedly better than others.

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
if you get a grower who gives half a shit about what he's doing you'll notice a difference light green skunky pepperie tight ass buds then it's amaizing.....but if you do like all the commercial growers like bikers,asians and anyone who wants a quick buck then you get this browish tobacco-ish nasty premature bull shit dried under the same freakin lights used to grow it on......shit i live in mtl and let me tell ya over the years of smokeing i've come across alot of different variations of the M i i gotta agree with che there's good and then there's bad...it's all up th the grower......imo

just found this thread, Supposedly m-39 Is running rampant in my town, I think it's more the "name" m-39 but you never know. Pretty decent smoke, nothing special so I'm skeptical.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
The 'original' M-39 (i.e. Williams Wonder out of Williams, OR and Wonder, OR) is still around and has NOTHING to do with the M-39 being sold by various seed companies out of Quebec.

Nothing at all - period.

The last 'true' M-39 strain was gone when S.S.S.C. had to close up shop and then re-open as Sensi Seeds. This strain didn't make the transition.

Several old growers down in Southern Oregon keep the original genetics alive. Worth seeking out, IMHO

CC

Ah man, looking at these pics I'm 100% sure I've smoked this stuff many many times.

Except it probably wasn't properly grown because it was regular old commercial grade weed I bought in Ottawa or Montreal.

So yeah, I've probably never smoked proper m-39.

Nik Dynosaur

stay away from that stuff,its the most commercial stuff around and were i live thats allllll there is,nothing bud bad tasting bland bud with a 5 minute uncumfotable buzz.

my 2 cents but honestly inve never met someone who actually like this stuff ,its garbage

I don't understand why this thread was pulled out from what had to be at least 20 pages back for that statement. Obviously some people like the stuff and some people have a biased opinion from smoking poorly grown, commercial, beaster type m39 so...

but all that was covered in the previous 7 pages of the thread again so....

edit: ok so not 20, but 20 for emphasis. metaphorically.... yeah

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Some great comments, I just find it funny when people say it's just shit. I'm sure if I was to send you some unmarked seeds and you grew it out yourself you'd see what we're talking about... but then again maybe it would be the same.... all comes down to how it's grown. I'm sure if I was to pull any strain at 40 days, hang it for two days and shipped it out it would be pretty beastly, but hell lets just group all the crap out there together and call it M39.

Nik Dynosaur

i've seen M39 that was absolutely stunning. It was lovingly grown and cured after harvest for 2 months and it blew me away. It had fantastic bag appeal and looked nothing like the beaster that everyone associates this strain with. It looked NOTHING like it at all.

B

Brad

well i dont wanna burst your bubble,because you sound so confident but M39 was basic#5 x sk#1 ... and williams wonder was m31 , and yes it is sssc m39 being sold in quebec

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40920

also the seed bank folded and combined with sensi seeds, not the SSSC, maybe you should get your facts straight before giving out bad info

The 'original' M-39 (i.e. Williams Wonder out of Williams, OR and Wonder, OR) is still around and has NOTHING to do with the M-39 being sold by various seed companies out of Quebec.

Nothing at all - period.

The last 'true' M-39 strain was gone when S.S.S.C. had to close up shop and then re-open as Sensi Seeds. This strain didn't make the transition.

Several old growers down in Southern Oregon keep the original genetics alive. Worth seeking out, IMHO

CC

bagofscwhag

ive smoked propobly well over 20 m39's done by different people none of witch i liked,some better then others but i mean,i smoked m that i got from someone i know that grows it very well and takes it down at 53 days and i still do not like it,i just find the taste to be horribly lacking and the buzz unusually short

B

Brad

guess im used to smoking AAA all day, there is nothing of value no matter how long you let the hay go, its worthless to me

bigbag

Veteran
i recently tried some Quebec Gold(M39 x Friesland?),which was outdoor,and over 1 year old.even though it was dried right out,the cure was amazing.straight fruity pebbles,fruit punch smell and taste.the bud was impressive in structure,high calyx 2 leaf and the colas were the size of bananas after over a yr in the bag.
this was grown by a crazy french canadian whos been doin it around 40 yrs now,so it was as dank as could be.
suffice is 2 say this was prolly more friesland than m39 in nature because the stuff was AAA.cut through the fog after smokin on godbud all day!