What's new

m-39 is it still around?

bagofscwhag

i do love the insanely piney friesland, the smell in the bag is the smell in the room once it done burning, i remember back in noctober i had a buddy who had really nice friesland at 110$ was gonna stock up but then i found out there was non left,aw well,anyways im sure quebec gold could be a decent smoke due to the fries in it

bagofscwhag

p.s there was a strain i did outdoors im wondering if anyone else hash done it or heard of it Lionheart by almighty seeds, the seeds were selfed from a herm from a couple years ago but they produced some extremely potent offsprings

bigbag

Veteran
couldnt find much info on quebec gold.i was told by the grower its a much larger plant outdoors,but indoors tends 2 be a little stronger.def hippy weed,the buds i seen were untrimmed,fully golden yellow leaves all over,hehe.it was so dry i just snapped the leaf off,then crumbled the buds.old school

p.s there was a strain i did outdoors im wondering if anyone else hash done it or heard of it Lionheart by almighty seeds, the seeds were selfed from a herm from a couple years ago but they produced some extremely potent offsprings

I have B-52 Bomber from Almighty Seeds. It's a White Widow X Lionheart cross. I have a nice sativa pheno which I'm guessing is more lionheart than anything. I've worked with my share of widow but this grows diff. Sticky as HELL and has a particular smell.

bagofscwhag

nicceeeee

nicceeeee

Frost my friend im happy to hear this,i was looking at this strain and what very interested,the lionheart when we did it outside had a very sweet almost bubblegum scent it was completly insane,they grew so uniform and with buds literally longer then my arm, so frosty how is the smoke and have u tried it outside?would be interested in some pics:)

teddynugent

Hey there everyone,

Is anyone on here still looking for the real deal old school M-39 seeds/strain?

I was told a LONG time ago (many years back - when M-39 was first considered to be one of, if not the biggest yielding strain(s)), that M-39 was a cross of the original Skunk#1 with the original Northern Lights#5 - which I always agreed with more-less, as the taste & smell always really reminded of a nice balance between the skunk#1's taste & smell combined with the taste & smell of the NL#5 (with the buds definitely resembling the look of the NL).

But, I have also heard from someone I trust that the M-39 was a cross of the Basic#5 with the Skunk#1 - like BreederBrad2 mentioned above.

Either way, all I know is that it was ALWAYS a consistently BIG yielding plant. Plus, the finished buds were always real potent - and I am definitely not no newbie.... I've smoked more strains than i can even come close to remembering lol.
I'm sure now-a-days there are some strains out there with just as big a yield & just as potent - probably even stronger....
But, the M-39 has always been a favorite of mine (and is a great strain to play around with, making crosses etc.).

Anyway, let me know if anyone is looking for seeds & I may be able to help you locate some....

Quick question guys - do you all know what the best strain is now for yield & potency? What are some of your favorites? The bigger the yield, the more potent the strain is & the quicker it finishes, the better....

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hey there, just wanna put in my .02...A buddy of mine here on IC has the real deal M39 clone, so it is def still around...any seeds of M39 wont be pure cause they would have been crossed with somethin else to preserve the line...Anyhow, if you can be patient, OGA seeds is in the process of making a M39 cross called M40..look for it, it'll be worth the wait...Peace

- Z

odin_

Hey there, just wanna put in my .02...A buddy of mine here on IC has the real deal M39 clone, so it is def still around...any seeds of M39 wont be pure cause they would have been crossed with somethin else to preserve the line...Anyhow, if you can be patient, OGA seeds is in the process of making a M39 cross called M40..look for it, it'll be worth the wait...Peace

- Z

thats not true i have like a thousand m39 s1s

Mr. Greenthumb

I know for a fact that M-39 is still around. And It is not just NL5 x SK1, there is something else in the mix. There is only one pic on this entire thread that comes close to what it really looks like. I can say this be cause M39 is like a family heirloom, it was the first smoke i ever had and the only smoke for many many many years. Hopefully i'll be posting some pics of it soon.

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
well here's a pic of the m-39 i got the clones from an older friend who's kept a mother since 2000 and he's from montrèal where the most commercial product is m-39 and i can assure everyone that m-39 is alive and well....

i have only 2 pics left from my old gallery to post up

theurbanfarmer

China bud is what its known as here in Ontario even when well grown it cant compare to primo strains. Great for commercial growers but bad for the customer especially when they sell it still dripping.

REZDOG

Veteran
M39 is Skunk#1/Basic(NL)5....
Some phenos better represent the tiny touch of Thai that's buried in the NL5's heritage better than others,is all.
M39 isn't a single clone,there's plenty around,and they're all different to a degree.

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
M39 is Skunk#1/Basic(NL)5....
Some phenos better represent the tiny touch of Thai that's buried in the NL5's heritage better than others,is all.
M39 isn't a single clone,there's plenty around,and they're all different to a degree.

thanks for reminding me , i read the story about the basic 5 ..how the guys at sssc weren't supposed to have the cut at the time (88'-89') or so the story goes and renamed the cut or something along those lines......i think...

there's a few variations here in MTL , a darker Pheno , the green almost no hair kind, and the Very rare properly done lime green rock hard kind....which is becoming more sparce.......but not everyone pisses on this clone some still take care of her.....

mine when finished had a skunky/creamy smell and smoked amazingly..... i even kept a few clones to play with.when properly ran the M is some of the strongest pot around and the hash from her is top notch :tiphat:

jarff

M39---China Bud has been rolling into New Brunswick and Nova Scotia for about two yrs now in big quantity...prices between $1500 and $2000 #....In my books it ain,t anything like M39 from a long time ago..but everything needs a name...so M39 sounds good.The buds are the size of pears and dry as a chip...so bad it has to be rehydrated..Lotsa good stuf in the maritimes but try to get the regular $2500 # when the nickel and dimer can buy a single # of M39 for $1800.Ppl. have had to drop the price of good hydro to the same price to compete.....there is no comparison betweem M39 or whatever it is and Bogbubble,Cindy 99,Rez gear etc....but the money is heading back to Qc. It sure has been a downer as of late So IMHO it ain,t about M39..Its about $$$$ at least where I live.
One thing is for sure and that is the fact I smoke what is good and it ain,t the so-called M39 that is being shipped in by the ton.

jarff

Latest posts

Latest posts