What's new

m-39 is it still around?

REZDOG

Veteran
Yup....stinks like Old School....you NEED active carbon and vaporteks to control most M hybrids.
Gonzo#2 will have plenty (read: shitloads) of Classic Skunk in it,be sure....that was my Whole Point in breeding it....

Hidingtree's Excellent D39:
11793100_5093.jpg

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
QcIndica said:
yes it's probably the cut i had but this cut produce really good hard rock bud but not a big yielder,see the picture of the buds.your m39 plant look awesome +1.
hey blackrain r u from quebec province,do you speak french?.

Peace QC.

I'm not in Quebec but you can see it out my front window lol, I'm pretty close. I speak a bit of french but not as much as I should I guess. Thanks for the props, I'll be running 39 again soon indoors as soon as I get my new room built. Also going to be running a very nice big bud cut I received from a good friend.

B/R

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some M39 aka Shiva Skunk(purplish,medium yeild,tight bud pheno) from '80's seed grown in the late 90's from clones(sadly lost Ma in 2000 but got some shiva skunk from Sensiseeds waiting for their time and space) I loved that plant!

JBo :joint:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My garden is almost done with M39. It's been a pretty long run, but it's time to move on. I have no more M39 in the veg room, no clones, all of them are now in flower. I'm almost sad to see her go, but....... moving on.......

20M39_almost_done.JPG

stoopid

M39 isn't even that great of a stone...it's a great strain no doubt but its not a medicinal strain it's a commercial strain. Maybe the M39 you tried wasn't the real deal, maybe you think M39 is your favorite bud. Sure as hell isnt mine.

i dun know about u but when I do shit I do it right, I either go for the best quality or for the best quantity. I choose quality so I don't think about quantity. If it's for medical purposes, I don't understand. each to his own.

Last edited:

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Is it my imagination or is all real deal M39 go a little purple late in bud? It seems all the pictures show bud slightly purple. The reason I ask is because I was gifted an M39 clone and it doesn't display the purple trait even when cool. Could be its not the real thing. What is the smell like for a real M39 cut?

TGT

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Never had 39 go purple even with the cold temps we have here in the fall. The fans do turn nice colors with deep purple tones.

stoopid, I know many medicinal patients around here that only smoke 39. You don't get immune to it, we've been smoking the same cut for 10+ years and it never gets boring.

B/R

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
M39 is good pot, it's not necessarily a holy grail high, but the taste is 100% old school dope. The yields are impressive, it's easy to grow, and is always impressive to look at. I've been smoking M39 all day today. :) I won't be forgetting my car keys, but the head was definitely fun.
20M39_almost_done.JPG

Last edited:

Stinkymutt

Shes no slouch in my book

Shes no slouch in my book

The buds of M 39 I have tried have been very good smoke . The high is long lasting and heavy . Aroma is a nice berry smell , smoke is smooth and just a good pot taste . I would not talk down on her at all . And from what I have seen she packs on some serious weight .

peace
mutt

Thump88

I have to M-39 plants in my garden right now and they are looking amazing for only 32 days in, I dont' think I have enough posts yet to put up pictures but you can see a couple pics of my M-39 in my gallery.

Bluntstone

Around here everyone has M 39 in their garden. Its ok. It yeilds well and is fairly fast but it tastes like crap and the buzz is average. Goes for about 1500 per lb.

Dr Psycho

I just finished a run of Stuporsonic x M-39 , I rcv'd clones from a. friend. He got seeds by selfing some clones he brought out here from Quebec. I vegged mine outside in 3 gallon buckets ,compost, coir and peat fed with organic tea, then finished them off inside. the earliest ones were done in 47-50 days but the best ones with the more Sativa pheno took sixty, but sixty is a good bargain especially since the veg was provided by the sun and mixed with the stupor-sonic the high is way way up the taste smooth lemon lime, like a quality sativa that it would have taken much longer to achieve.

M-39

M-39

NL#5 X Skunk#1 old old stuff, from the 1988-89 catalog of the original Seed bank. Nice hard nugs, good stuff, easy to grow and clone.
The problem with m-39 is that so many people are growing it that there is a lot of mediocre m-39 going around. Not to much smell, makes really nice afghani type hash. Also there is so much around that it is very cheap like bluntstone says 1500can. is cheap.
If you are a good grower it will make you some very nice buds. Boom Shankar, RR

DirtyFreddy

no its called m-39 because thats what it was labelled as in old sssc catalouges
lots of poor quality commercial m39 in ontario grown by Vietnamese gives the strain a terrible name here.

Honestly, I think you are losing your time with M-39....

I smoked M-39 for more than 10 years, its one of the most common weed up here in Quebec, with freezeland.

Here... you grow some corn in ur field and you harvest some M-39...its more than a industry

I smoked M-39 outdoor, indoor in soil, indoor hydro...I know that strain more than any other strain

Its a really good yielder, easy to grow but its far to be a conoisseur strain

average taste with an average high...its a corner street dealer weed

Grow some reel weed...not some McShit cannabis !

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Just like DirtyFreddy already explained, the Vietnamese around here grow that strain exclusively and it does not do it justice. It is always rock hard nuggets that are crystally, but taste bad and filled with chemical. I bet if grown correctly it would be good, but the way they do it its no more than a 5 out of 10 weed. Pounds are going for as low as $ 1400.00 around here and the market has been flooded with this stuff for a good seven years now or more that no body wants it. It is very hard to get rid of and seems to only move in a dry spell. They have resorted to sending most to the USA. I feel sorry for you guys 'cause it's crap, but reportedly they can get as much as $2700.00 a pound there - and I don't know why?

TGT