What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Looking for Landrace Hawaiian Sativa

xtsho

That swami seeds site looks sketchy as hell. No descriptions, all hype

No way. I heard on the internet from a buddy who's cousin heard it from a friend who's former roommates girlfriend told them that their BFF's brother knew a guy that says it's 100% legit and that they have connections to the original sources. These sources have been keeping these lines for the last 60+ years and are 100% authentic. They just now in the last few years decided to release these special genetics to the public.

Rastafarout

So now a surfing magazine based in the UK is the expert on how cannabis got to Hawaii? The guy that wrote that article was born in 1960 and wouldn't have been around or old enough to know. He's just repeating stories he's heard over the years. You still don't have any facts just stories.

I'm not claiming anything as fact yet you seem to think some article someone wrote in a surfer magazine that doesn't even mention Hawaii proves something. It doesn't.

I prefer to deal with known knowns. Speculation, opinion, articles written by people without any legitimate background in the history, or in many cases just pure fiction do not qualify as facts.
Bro what is your problem?

“It's also a fact that cannabis in Japan can be traced back thousands of years so they could have potentially been the source”

“Could Have potentially been the source”

You can speculate … and it all good ?

I’m just adding my two cents of research and opinion , then we “ discuss “ which is wrong why ect and piece it together

I’m doing exactly the same thing as you !

I’m claiming nothing as fact .. where do I state this ?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I already posted Jaws has Hawaian seed. Support the small batch operations. Contact him for more info.

Jaws Gear - Hawaiian Bud​

Genetics: Unknown x Stinky 70/80 era
Seeds per pack: 12
Sex: Regular
Type (Indica, Sativa, Hybrid): Sativa leaner
Flowering Time: 10 Weeks +
Yield: AverageArea (Indoor, Outdoor, Both): Both

SurfdOut

Veteran
Cannabis possibly had a couple introductions to the islands, earliest I have heard orally is from folks that say the Chinese were cultivating some in Waipio Valley around the turn of the century.

Some of Ka Nonanona issues from 1842 are available online but are written in Hawaiian. I haven't been able to find the exact issue yet that mentions pakalo.

sublingual

Cannabis possibly had a couple introductions to the islands, earliest I have heard orally is from folks that say the Chinese were cultivating some in Waipio Valley around the turn of the century.

Some of Ka Nonanona issues from 1842 are available online but are written in Hawaiian. I haven't been able to find the exact issue yet that mentions pakalo.
I think Gavan Daws mentioned the incident in Shoal of Time. That's where I read about it. Good to see you around SufdOut, you still in Kona?

SurfdOut

Veteran
Right on, haven't read that book yet. What exactly does he mention?

Doing very well here in Puna but about to shut things down and move to another country to grow organic food.
IMG_20230110_181543_279.jpg

sublingual

Right on, haven't read that book yet. What exactly does he mention?

Doing very well here in Puna but about to shut things down and move to another country to grow organic food.
View attachment 18966311
Oh sorry, Puna. Sounds like an adventure, growing your own food. I did that on Oahu partially (for a brief period) and got dinner consistently free diving. I went to Hawaii for the diving not the surfing. I would call the surf report to see where the waves weren't breaking. I'm sure you will remember Hawaii fondly.
I did the opposite to most and retired to the Mainland. The produce here is acceptable and more affordable than the Islands. I could grow my own but choose to buy.

sublingual

The Gavan Daws Book I need to repurchase so I forget the details from reading it many years now past. But I remember the incident clearly from mentions in this thread. Gavan Daws did some extensive research for the book from the Hawaiian records.

Lolo94

Curious if UH Hilo has published anything or has done any research on the Chinese population living in Waipio around that time. Prior to the tidal wave, it was alot more populated than now.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Gas is Swami. And his genetics are legit.

What makes you say that Gas is not Swami?
Gascanistan is not Swami.
About 20-30yrs difference in age.

Gas has been living out of a hippie bus.
Swami has an actual farm and property

Swami Seeds is Gascanistan's company using Swami's gear as a starter then doing a whole bunch of pollenchucking, in a van down by the river