What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Looking for Landrace Hawaiian Sativa

swampthing

I would suggest Swami Seeds for some good Hawaiian genetics.

Not sure if this is kosher but his website is:
His ig is @gascanastan_
Tell him Swampy/ the DankyBank sent you.

He’s got incredibly unique genetics.

xtsho

He said. She said. Somebody told me. A guy that used to write for High Times posted an article on a website which is just speculation and not fact. Cannabis was in Hawaii long before some surfer dudes brought it there or the people spreading these uncorroborated stories were even born.

xtsho

I would suggest Swami Seeds for some good Hawaiian genetics.

Not sure if this is kosher but his website is:
His ig is @gascanastan_
Tell him Swampy/ the DankyBank sent you.

He’s got incredibly unique genetics.

No more unique than dozens of others.

cola

He said. She said. Somebody told me. A guy that used to write for High Times posted an article on a website which is just speculation and not fact. Cannabis was in Hawaii long before some surfer dudes brought it there or the people spreading these uncorroborated stories were even born.
Sounds really good - Like you are the Hawaiian knowledge bank.
Mind revealing how you know so much about Hawaii, and its early cannabis, and if you ever lived there:?
That would be a good starter since you state that you have a deep understanding going back more than 70 years. That would be pre-statehood.

Lolo94

Yeah the waves are insane , Bruce’s beauties was standout ! I probably can find proof waiting on a friend , wow you’ve held her long what’s the profile on that one , such an enjoyable stone
I've had the strain for 30 years. I've written about it on this site. It's the type of high I like. Energetic and motivational. Puts me in the mood to get moving with a smile on my face, then fades away without burnout. Some people don't like this type of high but the older I get, the more I appreciate the kick in the ass.

Rastafarout

I've had the strain for 30 years. I've written about it on this site. It's the type of high I like. Energetic and motivational. Puts me in the mood to get moving with a smile on my face, then fades away without burnout. Some people don't like this type of high but the older I get, the more I appreciate the kick in the ass.
The old Swazi is really good ,like it too
I will have a look through your posts , thanks

Rastafarout

Did you actually read that we were
talking about in those posts?
Swaziland( Eswatini) Swaz arriving in Hawaii , by SA surfers
what’s your conclusion then ?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hello ICMAG,

Devaku here I've started to grow I'm now looking for regular seeds for a hawaiian sativa if yall can point me in the right direction or be will down to trade!

Thank you,

Devaku
The truest expression I think is the Maui Wowie from The Landrace Team.

Which also means it has the longest flowering time.

I don't know about the Pua Mana 'Ohana seedbank, however at least they're in Hawaii, and they're pricey.

Nearly all strains out there with Hawaii or Maui Wowie in the name are not landrace sativas, and have some Skunk #1 and/or Afghani #1 in them, to keep them short and make them faster flowering.

Just go for the thinnest leaved, longest flowering strain that was grown for smoking, if you're going for the true classic experience.

Last edited:

xtsho

Sounds really good - Like you are the Hawaiian knowledge bank.
Mind revealing how you know so much about Hawaii, and its early cannabis, and if you ever lived there:?
That would be a good starter since you state that you have a deep understanding going back more than 70 years. That would be pre-statehood.

I know as much as you or anyone else posting in this thread which is not much. Nothing but stories from people without any actual knowledge. I was smoking weed from Hawaii in the 70's. Were you?

Stories passed around are not facts. I don't have to have lived in Hawaii to know that. Some of the same fables being told in this thread are likely being told in Hawaii.

xtsho

Did you actually read that we were
talking about in those posts?
Swaziland( Eswatini) Swaz arriving in Hawaii , by SA surfers
what’s your conclusion then ?

Yes I read the thread and it's still just stories without any proof.

Rastafarout

so you have nothing constructive to add to this thread just moaning about stories of stories while telling stories ..

xtsho

so you have nothing constructive to add to this thread just moaning about stories of stories while telling stories ..

Posts 69 and 78.

The original topic was where to find landrace Hawaiian. I addressed that in post 69 with an alleged landrace strain that I've grown with a disclaimer stating that I couldn't verify the authenticity.

Then the topic got sidetracked into how cannabis originally got to the Hawaiian Islands. In post 78 I gave reference to the 200,000 Japanese laborers that were brought to the Islands in the 1860's and that there is substantial evidence that Japanese Sailors reached the Islands as far back as the 1200's. There is actual proof of cannabis cultivation in Japan going back almost 10,000 years. It's as plausible that cannabis initially arrived with them as the ridiculous Captain Cook story.

So yes My posts are more constructive and relevant than some story about surfer dudes bring schwagg to Hawaii in the 60's/70's. The topic of the post references Landrace Sativa. Not some hybrids brought over in modern times.

Anything else?

Last edited:

Lolo94

Posts 69 and 78.

The original topic was where to find landrace Hawaiian. I addressed that in post 69 with an alleged landrace strain that I've grown with a disclaimer stating that I couldn't verify the authenticity.

Then the topic got sidetracked into how cannabis originally got to the Hawaiian Islands. In post 78 I gave reference to the 200,000 Japanese laborers that were brought to the Islands in the 1860's and that there is substantial evidence that Japanese Sailors reached the Islands as far back as the 1200's. There is actual proof of cannabis cultivation in Japan going back almost 10,000 years. It's as plausible that cannabis initially arrived with them as the ridiculous Captain Cook story.

So yes My posts are more constructive and relevant than some story about surfer dudes bring schwagg to Hawaii in the 60's/70's. The topic of the post references Landrace Sativa. Not some hybrids brought over in modern times.

Anything else?
I think it's illogical for surfers who travel the world and have access to world class cannabis growing areas, to bring back schwagg. What would be the purpose? Many surfers grew weed in Hawaii to support themselves. If you look at the economy of the main growing area of all the islands (Puna), there isn't an abundance of well paying jobs, especially without local connections. I agree that the notion of Japanese bringing seeds to Hawaii is just as plausible as Captain Cook. However, there is no proof of established cannabis growing by the Japanese, filipinos, Portuguese, Chinese, Puerto Ricans or other ethnic groups initially brought over to work the sugar cane fields. The evidence available points to the 60's with Vietnam and surfing.
Good Gear Seeds would be my choice if I was in the market to buy Hawaiian crossed cultivars.

xtsho

I think it's illogical for surfers who travel the world and have access to world class cannabis growing areas, to bring back schwagg. What would be the purpose? Many surfers grew weed in Hawaii to support themselves. If you look at the economy of the main growing area of all the islands (Puna), there isn't an abundance of well paying jobs, especially without local connections. I agree that the notion of Japanese bringing seeds to Hawaii is just as plausible as Captain Cook. However, there is no proof of established cannabis growing by the Japanese, filipinos, Portuguese, Chinese, Puerto Ricans or other ethnic groups initially brought over to work the sugar cane fields. The evidence available points to the 60's with Vietnam and surfing.
Good Gear Seeds would be my choice if I was in the market to buy Hawaiian crossed cultivars.

People were smoking Columbian Gold, Thai, etc... back in the 60's and 70's when these surfers supposedly introduced cannabis to Hawaii. Snobs today would call that shwagg.

Rastafarout

Posts 69 and 78.

Anything else?
So basically also just stories of the internet ….

xtsho

So basically also just stories of the internet ….

Not really. It's a fact that close to 200,000 Japanese emigrated to the Islands in the 1860's. It's also widely agreed upon in the scientific community that Japanese sailors reached the islands sometime in the 1200's. It's also a fact that cannabis in Japan can be traced back thousands of years so they could have potentially been the source.

I never said that's how cannabis got to Hawaii. I never presented anything as fact. I just said it was as plausible as stories running around the internet.

So no, not stories on the internet. Just hypothesis. Hypothesis is not fact or story. It requires further investigation. I really don't understand where you're trying to go with this.

Anyway, this thread made me decide to pop a couple feminized Nirvana Hawaii x Mauii Waui that I made a few years ago. I don't know how legit it is but it's good weed. They have been selling seeds since 1980 so they've been around awhile. I would think the older outfits that were around back in the day would likely be more legit than something some modern day seed seller is offering.

Rastafarout

People were smoking Columbian Gold, Thai, etc... back in the 60's and 70's when these surfers supposedly introduced cannabis to Hawaii. Snobs today would call that shwagg.
The surfers were already smoking back in the 30’s 40’s lol
And for the second time introduced swaz
Not canna ….not canna … swaz

Some more stories
IMG_6381.png

xtsho

The surfers were already smoking back in the 30’s 40’s lol
And for the second time introduced swaz
Not canna ….not canna … swaz

Some more stories
View attachment 18965408

So now a surfing magazine based in the UK is the expert on how cannabis got to Hawaii? The guy that wrote that article was born in 1960 and wouldn't have been around or old enough to know. He's just repeating stories he's heard over the years. You still don't have any facts just stories.

I'm not claiming anything as fact yet you seem to think some article someone wrote in a surfer magazine that doesn't even mention Hawaii proves something. It doesn't.

I prefer to deal with known knowns. Speculation, opinion, articles written by people without any legitimate background in the history, or in many cases just pure fiction do not qualify as facts.

Latest posts

Latest posts