What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

mudballs

They already look better with just the plain water of this morning.
I think I underwatered them when transplanted and soil was never properly wet....

Here are some closer pics, I think they seem greener than this morning, but just in case if somebody wants to check.
Is that coco coir or soil?

Homura

Is that coco coir or soil?
It is sublime-mix from ProXL, it is supposed to be soil with a percentage of Coco coir to improve drainage.
The soil itself contain some nutrients but more likely a light mix

Spanish page with the details:

mudballs

It is sublime-mix from ProXL, it is supposed to be soil with a percentage of Coco coir to improve drainage.
The soil itself contain some nutrients but more likely a light mix

Spanish page with the details:
Ok, no problem, yes, we treat that medium as inert...and must feed...never just water

Marla1337

Now you're thinking...those pots aren't "small" but theres a demarcation line where you "should" feed twice a day because of plant/pot size offset...yes i think i would try increasing your mix strength first. You could see improvement in as little as 24hrs if the changes address the problem. They respond fast, but in our game fast is 24hrs
How often u would water a photo plant 3 week of flower in a 16 L Pot ? How often days and how much l water per plant on peat mix soil

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Anyone know why when cloning in rockwool, after 3 or 4 days in humidity dome, some cuttings fall over from soft stalk? I remember a few being hard to insert and wonder if I damaged it crushing slightly.

laszlokovacs

Thrips. I'm dealing with some now i caught on some seedlings I had mixed in with my houseplants. Gross. I'm spraying them with some oil and soap water that I use to get rid of spider mites. Hopefully it works ill keep you updated.
Hey, I'm curious what you use exactly and if you've had good success. I've gotten spider mites and thrips from both baker creek heirloom seeds and hirts gardens on plants I've bought. But nursery greenhouses just dont care lol, its my fault for bringing them in the grow room.

I've had pretty good success using just water, dr. bronners peppermint soap and isopropyl alcohol. I just eyeball the conction pretty much but its probably 70% water. It clears up the plants fine within a week usually, never burnt any of my plants so far. I gotta clean my whole closet shelf but I don't flower here so It doesn't matter too much, they tend to show up 3 months down the line when the space gets packed. 99% of the time once I plant them out these pests disappear due to the humidity and benefical predators. When you say oil you talking vegetable oil or one of them fancy surfactants?

BTW thanks again for making me realize how terrible my potting mix was. 1 month later havent lost any plants and theyre all doing fine outdoors in the ground. They handle real soil fine. This was in one of the pics I posted all sickly, now killing it still in a 2" pot, just got planted out yesterday.
IMG_8693.jpg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
What's this band around this stem?
The top of this one stem started to wilt, and usually that means a caterpillar, so I looked for a hole where it may have entered. Usually there's a hole with their frass hanging out. I couldn't find a hole but found this dark ring around the one wilted stem?
Multi Haze growing outdoors in Virginia, USA zone 7a
IMG_20240826_171220190.jpg
IMG_20240826_171206356.jpg

Ca++

That's odd looking. It's not just a ring, but a transition in growth pattern, or plant morphology to use the current terminology. It reminds me of a lakeside plot I do, where some years, the plants all stop at a certain height. Refusing to go past it. I also have a meadow area (or two) where I often find the height of the grass (the other grass) to cause mold growths right at grasses height. Not lower, within the grass, but where my plants rise up out of it.
I think that latter grass issue, is due the how certain flying bugs visit the softer growing tissue of the grasses tips. These bugs, moving around the meadow, are on predictable paths. Which might be why the attack is at a certain height. Certainly in the damage in these pics could of been bug related, and I'm thinking when the plant was only that high. So the bug but a tiny growing tip, that then expanded, and changed tactics. Such a change is worth study, and may hint at something the bug was carrying. A viroid of some sort, able to effect the plants dna in such a way.

So to sum up. I got nothin.

Ca++

This is annoying me now.. I get this deep in my biggest buds, and the progression to white mold then grey is just a matter of waiting. This bud sat a while in my waste pile shows it well
moldy.jpg

Your initial reaction might be to shout Borg! and start washing yourself due to exposure. This is actually a mold though. I did once find which, but forgot, and it's takes a proper deep dive to find it, and I don't have a spare week. I have seen in on and off forever, but it's internet presence is very low. I really need it's name again, to get more targeted in my approach. New plants, new setup, there it is again. I need more than a single treatment, It's coming in on the air.

I'm chopping a bit early, and binning my biggest heads. This has to stop.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What's this band around this stem?
The top of this one stem started to wilt, and usually that means a caterpillar, so I looked for a hole where it may have entered. Usually there's a hole with their frass hanging out. I couldn't find a hole but found this dark ring around the one wilted stem?
Multi Haze growing outdoors in Virginia, USA zone 7a View attachment 19055321 View attachment 19055322
The ring is from a caterpillar. Keep a close eye on the plants and when you see moths landing on your plants beware they're laying their eggs. Those eggs hatch into caterpillar larvae and will be hard to see when they're small. If you see a caterpillar or tiny worm, pick it off with your fingers and get rid of it. I would not spray anything on the plant just keep a good eye on the plants. Different diseases can inner the plant from damage caused by caterpillar attacks.

When a grasshopper attacks the stem the leftover stem damage is always chewed in half. Grasshopper will chew on the stems during veg when the stems are still growing shoots. Keep an eye out and good luck friend.

Naberus

This is annoying me now.. I get this deep in my biggest buds, and the progression to white mold then grey is just a matter of waiting. This bud sat a while in my waste pile shows it well
View attachment 19055344
Your initial reaction might be to shout Borg! and start washing yourself due to exposure. This is actually a mold though. I did once find which, but forgot, and it's takes a proper deep dive to find it, and I don't have a spare week. I have seen in on and off forever, but it's internet presence is very low. I really need it's name again, to get more targeted in my approach. New plants, new setup, there it is again. I need more than a single treatment, It's coming in on the air.

I'm chopping a bit early, and binning my biggest heads. This has to stop.
It's botrytis man! You should clean everything with bleach and increase air circulation and renovation. Depending on the place you are growing it's good to use mold resistant strains.

Naberus

They already look better with just the plain water of this morning.
I think I underwatered them when transplanted and soil was never properly wet....

Here are some closer pics, I think they seem greener than this morning, but just in case if somebody wants to check.
I'm pretty sure it is N deficiency. If it is possible, put the light far away from the plants or low down its potency till they get well. If your soil has too much coco it's good to apply microbes or mycorrhizae. I use Biobizz for a long time, and it doesn't works well for me in inert or light soil. Worm castings works very well too. Another tip is to fertilize always, don't use only water.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
The ring is from a caterpillar. Keep a close eye on the plants and when you see moths landing on your plants beware they're laying their eggs. Those eggs hatch into caterpillar larvae and will be hard to see when they're small. If you see a caterpillar or tiny worm, pick it off with your fingers and get rid of it. I would not spray anything on the plant just keep a good eye on the plants. Different diseases can inner the plant from damage caused by caterpillar attacks.

When a grasshopper attacks the stem the leftover stem damage is always chewed in half. Grasshopper will chew on the stems during veg when the stems are still growing shoots. Keep an eye out and good luck friend.
I removed the wilted branch and dissected the stem. No bug. And no tunnel or tracks in the pith, it was solid. Vert strange. I'll keep an eye on the rest of the branches to make sure it doesn't spread to other branches

Ca++

It's botrytis man! You should clean everything with bleach and increase air circulation and renovation. Depending on the place you are growing it's good to use mold resistant strains.
Nice catch. Thank you. I knew it was a common one, but even with it's name, the right pics are hard to come by. Speaking Latin might of helped

Botrytis is derived from the Greek bótrys ("cluster of", "grapes")

I perhaps forgot, as I'm helpless against it here. I just did a deep clean and new plants, but it's in the air. Such actions don't help. I have a neighbour dumping water from their sink, into the cavity wall. They had a plumber in, that couldn't even use a drill properly, and think that is all they can do. They feel there is no problem their side now, but it's 365 days a year, except when they go away. Then it fades after a few days. I have noted this repeatedly. What do you do though. Drag the middle age woman about? I'm close to cavity wall insulation, but suspect it's actually the floor. It's a concrete slab in each room, and just seems to come up everywhere. If I ever stop posting, check the news for sinkholes.

Inlet filtering could be helpful, but to keep negative pressure, needs some thought.

Anyway.. thanks for the ID. I knew someone would be along in a few days :)

Loc Dog

Veteran
No one has had worse luck than me in last 3 years, have nothing worth smoking in that time from spider mites first ruining everything, then nothing but fusarium infected clones from sleazebag online vendors.
Finally after 3 or 4 generations have what seem to be healthy plants from 3 strains, but have been neglected due to depression and expecting them to die of fusarium. These are only truly lame leaves on Sub Zero. They were left in smallest (think .7 liter) airpots till 3 foot tall (topped many times). Not sure if root crowding could be fault.

Any idea?

View attachment 20240425_233659A.jpg View attachment 20240426_000604A.jpg

PadawanWarrior

No one has had worse luck than me in last 3 years, have nothing worth smoking in that time from spider mites first ruining everything, then nothing but fusarium infected clones from sleazebag online vendors.
Finally after 3 or 4 generations have what seem to be healthy plants from 3 strains, but have been neglected due to depression and expecting them to die of fusarium. These are only truly lame leaves on Sub Zero. They were left in smallest (think .7 liter) airpots till 3 foot tall (topped many times). Not sure if root crowding could be fault.

Any idea?

View attachment 19061551 View attachment 19061553
Are you in soil or are you doing hydro? In soil adding certain bacillus species can help prevent or kill fusarium. Make sure there's enough aeration too.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

Any idea?

View attachment 19061551 View attachment 19061553
Your mix is too hot bro. Tone the EC way down and drop the temps too.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Your mix is too hot bro. Tone the EC way down and drop the temps too.
Probably from the small pots. Just up potted, and will give a few weak feeds. That would explain the burning of tips. Isn't yellowing between veins cal/mag deficiency. Extremely depressed, and have been neglecting them, since 95% in last 3 years dies from fusarium. Think I may have finally outrun it. Have equipment for tissue culture, and might try that when I feel better.

Latest posts

Latest posts