What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

LED Growers Unite, Who makes the BEST LED and how long has it lasted ? Cast Your Vote!!!

in Who makes the BEST LED ???

• VIPARSPECTRA

• SPIDER FARMER

• MARS HYDRO

• GAVITA

• MIGRO

• LUMATEK

• MENTION THE MISSING MANUFACTURER IN A POST, HAVE IT ADDED HERE

• SANLIGHT

• DIY (IF YOU PICK THIS WE NEED BUILD INFO AND DIODE CHIP TYPE FOR THE SPREADSHEET PAGE) POST IT

• AGROMAX

• STILL HAVE NOT BOUGHT INTO LED IM ALONG FOR THE RIDE

• LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE SYSTEM

• PRO EMIT

• CUTTER ELECTRONICS

• CHILLED LOGIC

• PHLIZON

• VIVOSUN

• FOHSE

• GROW LIGHTS AUSTRALIA

• BLACK DOG

• OMEGA

• AGROBAR

• GROWERS CHOICE

• FLUENCE

• HLG

Results are only viewable after voting.

acespicoli

G/w is to me is an old way to measure a grow, much less important today: whats best: a 240w watt fixture that can grow you 480g in a meter or a 400w that does 650g per meter? Im all for the higher yield per m2. And maybe throwing in kwh or how many weeks of flower is needed.

G/w is tied to efficiency, which has been the main criteria for a growlight for some years now. But if you really think about it: no matter what your desired quality of bud is there is going to be an ideal light condition to reach it : both spectrum and intensity. And efficiency basicly measure how many watts you need to reach there. Home growers : extremely few are watt limited; maybe heat limited which means not being able to use too may watts but literally noone is going to find its impossible to grow with a light that uses 20% more watts. So why do we focus so much on this? What if we can find ways of growing with a better spectrum, beat our yields and quality benchmarks, using just a little more power? To me that is a win; if using 10% more power means 10% more yield and a better quality then im fine with that.

G/w goes even crazier when comparing autos, the longer cycle means those watts give more light during the day per watt.
Veg time is 30 + days big factor how many crops a year can you pull from one location ?

Ppfd with or without co2 ? Big difference?

The other concern is 1000$ usd is a large sum for alot of us on a grow light so a balance with entry level affordability we need to throw out a couple top picks on fixtures and explain why they are chosen ?

ZOnaVerde

Veteran
If you use more power in certain cases (10%) it can cause discomfort to the plant, especially if you push everything to the maximum and not necessarily a better result.

Plants are like people, unique, even if they come from the same plant, not all of them can absorb the same amount of nutrients or light.

If you add CO2, the distance is clearly shorter and the power is higher, but what you can find on the LED market at the moment, you can't do 3 crops in the same way with the same varieties of seeds, the same season and they still don't come out the same, unfortunately.

Ca++

Not mentioned : HLG Horticulture Lighting Group one of the top "makers" of LED in the USA they have one of the highest PPFD for plant cultivation

I have been talking about them with my hand over my mouth. I wouldn't touch them. The boards are sometimes cheap though, if you are building your own lights properly.

Ca++

Just went by google lens blurb (couldnt find the non paywall paper):
View attachment 19053889
The black line means theyve been grown (i assume for veg or something) under 91 ppfd and then taken thru the whole register of ppfd; were +600ppfd didnt give any new increases in CO2 intake. I had it wrong; its after 5 weeks of veg its in 5 week of flower. I could only fond paid versions of this. Blue line: grown under 1200ish to start with.

I think your mind is trying to reach here: its a bit of a stupid study: results are give little light and the plant will only be able to handle little light. More light and later it will be handle more light. From those graphs its so easy to think that theres some golden nuggs of info while its just saying that light sensitive plants are light sensitive. Cheers
I think you are reaching for the graphs meaning also. They were grown at 425umol. Not 90 or 1200, which are figures not actually in the paper I linked to for free.

This looks a lot like my peers can't read it either. So I'm guessing it's the work of someone compiling other works, they too don't understand.

There is surrounding chatter. This is looking at saturation, but only measuring at the very upper fresh leaves. This means the plants keep getting better, past this point. As leaves lower on the plant, also come closer to saturation. As we turn up the light, the top gets saturated first, then the top and middle, and with enough light we could saturate the bottom leaves to. It's simple enough, and part of what they are trying to show. Note PPFD is talked about as tips, then area, and this Lppfd term comes in, but not a hppfd, as it all falls apart.

I think I'm going to shift the dunce hat from my head to theirs. It's a shit presentation.

So.. Moving on now :) ty

acespicoli

I think you are reaching for the graphs meaning also. They were grown at 425umol. Not 90 or 1200, which are figures not actually in the paper I linked to for free.

This looks a lot like my peers can't read it either. So I'm guessing it's the work of someone compiling other works, they too don't understand.

There is surrounding chatter. This is looking at saturation, but only measuring at the very upper fresh leaves. This means the plants keep getting better, past this point. As leaves lower on the plant, also come closer to saturation. As we turn up the light, the top gets saturated first, then the top and middle, and with enough light we could saturate the bottom leaves to. It's simple enough, and part of what they are trying to show. Note PPFD is talked about as tips, then area, and this Lppfd term comes in, but not a hppfd, as it all falls apart.

I think I'm going to shift the dunce hat from my head to theirs. It's a shit presentation.

Didnt realy have much time for a proper discussion earlier on the paper, now i able to read back and skim copy paste etc. I have been searching diligently for max PPFD you know light stress how much is too much and what is the min that gives results. Seen alot of light manufacturers post charts but im always a skeptic 🤷‍♂️

Yield and Quality​

Cannabis yield increased linearly from 116 to 519 g·m−2 (i.e., 4.5 times higher) as APPFD increased from 120 to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1 (Figure 7A). Note that yields in the present study are true oven-DWs. Since cannabis inflorescences are typically dried to 10–15% moisture content to achieve optimum marketable quality (Leggett, 2006), dividing DW by the proportion of marketable biomass that the DW comprises (e.g., for 15% moisture, divide DW by 0.85) will estimate marketable yield. The harvest index increased linearly from 0.560 to 0.733 and (i.e., 1.3 times higher) as APPFD increased from 120 to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1 (Figure 7B). The apical inflorescence density increased linearly from 0.0893 to 0.115 g·cm−3 (i.e., 1.3 times higher) as APPFD increased from 120 to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1 (Figure 7C).

***​

Cannabis yield increased linearly from 116 to 519 g·m−2 (i.e., 4.5 times higher) as APPFD increased from 120 to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1 (Figure 7A).

frontiers is usually free tech papers
added them on the cloud for everyone
some im sharing to read from the cloud required login but im not paying either ;)

Last edited:

acespicoli

Understanding the difference between LED rated life and lumen-maintenance life​

https://www.ledsmagazine.com/manufa...ated-life-and-lumen-maintenance-life-magazine

The rated life of an LED light source is different from the lumen-maintenance life, and is an essential reliability value that is required by luminaire makers and end users, as JIANZHONG JIAO explains.

With the completion of the IES test method TM-21-11 (see page 9), the SSL industry now has a standard method of obtaining long-term lumen-maintenance information for LED light sources. The method is made up of two steps. First, the LED light sources must be tested per LM-80. The new TM-21 method is then applied to the collected measurement data to make lumen-maintenance projections, including in-situ temperature calculations.

However, there is still one measure that is missing: the rated life for LED light sources. Rated life is an essential reliability property for LED integrators that design LED luminaires, providing luminaire users with warranty and usage information

Rated life

The rated life of a lamp or light source is defined, per ANSI/IES RP-16, as “the life value assigned to a particular type lamp. This is commonly a statistically-determined estimate of median operational life.” The rated life in hours of an LED lamp or light source, specified by the manufacturer, applies under certain operational conditions and for defined failure criteria. The statistical measure for the rated life is designated Bp and is measured in hours, where p is a percentage.

For example, a B50 rated life of 1,000 hours means that 50% of the tested products have lasted 1,000 hours without failure. B50 is also known as the products’ rated average life.

If a product has a B10 rated life of 1,000 hours, this means that only 10% of tested products failed within 1,000 hours, so the product should last much longer than a product with a B50 rated life of 1,000 hours.

Lumen-maintenance life

For LED light sources, LM-80 defines lumen-maintenance life as “the elapsed operating time at which the specified percentage of the lumen depreciation or lumen maintenance is reached, expressed in hours.” Different from rated life, the rated lumen-maintenance life is defined as “the elapsed operating time over which an LED light source will maintain the percentage (p) of its initial light output.”

Rated lumen-maintenance life is measured in hours with associated percentage of light output, noted as Lp. In other words, L70 of 30,000 hours means that the tested LEDs produce 70% of the initial light output at 30,000 hours. If an LED has L50 of 30,000 hours, its lumen output decays faster than one with L70 of 30,000 hours.

While Bp life is a statistical measure, Lp life is a defined durability measure. When testing for Bp life, a large statistically-meaningful sample size is required. When testing Lp life, there is no sample size requirement. However, when LM-80 test data is utilized to make lumen-maintenance projections (per TM-21), the sample size will affect the uncertainty of the projection. As a consequence, a smaller sample size will lead to shorter projected life in order to increase the statistical certainty.

Failure

For LED light sources, one can define failure as when the LED can no longer produce a certain percentage of the initial light-output value. For example, failure might be defined as when the light output of an LED reaches 70% or lower of the initial light output (including if the LED’s light output is zero). In other words, for a given period of time, if an LED produces insufficient light or no light, the LED is considered at failure.

Using this definition of failure criteria, the statistical measure can be combined with the defined durability measure. The combination of lumen-maintenance life (Lp) with statistically-measured failures (Bp) is the LED light source’s rated life, or BpLp value. For example, if an LED light source is claimed to have B50L70 of 30,000 hours, then 50% of tested samples should have a lumen-maintenance life of 30,000 hours.

Ideally, to obtain the rated life for LEDs, the statistical failure measurement can be integrated with lumen-maintenance measurements during the life test. One can use a large LED sample size, large enough to be statistically meaningful as when measuring traditional lamps, and then track and record the sample behaviors including light-output change and failures during the life test. When 50% of the tested samples reach a light output equal to 70% of initial lumens, including the samples that failed to produce light, then B50L70 (in hours) is obtained.

Obviously, as is the case with lumen maintenance, it is not practical to conduct real-life tests to get B50L70 values when such a value can be as long as 30,000 hours, or nearly three and a half years. The challenge is how to make a projection using the data obtained in a shorter testing period.

Projections

LED manufacturers have been conducting studies and establishing practices for reliable approaches to project the rated life for LEDs; in general, there are two approaches.

The first approach is to conduct LM-80 testing with a large sample size. The test data are collected for both light-output changes and failures. The data is then fitted into a mathematical model with a statistical-certainty band. In addition to the lumen-maintenance projection curve, the associated sample distribution bandwidth is also plotted. By analyzing the curve and bandwidth, an estimated B50L70 life is projected.

The second approach is to conduct the lumen-maintenance (LM-80) test separately from the accelerated-failure-modes test. Using TM-21, the lumen-maintenance projection can be established. The data collected in the accelerated-failure-modes test are modeled with a different mathematical expression. The rated life is then projected by mathematically combining both models.

There are some discussions in standardization organizations regarding development of a document or recommendation to address LEDs’ rated life. To help the LED lighting industry to properly use LED light-source information, it is necessary to clarify that rated life is not lumen-maintenance life.

Before the industry establishes a recommendation for a standard practice, LED integrators may need to request more testing and modeling information from the manufacturers in regards to the statistical failures of LED light sources.

THIS IS DATED, whats the latest news on LED longevity ?
See alot of Manufacturers holding closely to the 3 year warranty, which is HUGE

^^^ GREAT DATA IN HERE ON LED LIFE SPAN AND LUMEN MAINTENANCE
LEDs rarely fail outright and instead continue to emit light, albeit at slowly diminishing rate over time.[1]
@Ca++ had offered a example of lumen maintenance or L70 in the prior post, led and diminished output intensity. Some links above for extended reading of the details

Last edited:

Rocket Soul

Never got a chance to see the full paper only the blurb under the pic i got from image search. Rest of the paper is unknown to me. But yeah, this is likely not one of those papers with some sweet breakthrough info :)
Didnt realy have much time for a proper discussion earlier on the paper, now i able to read back and skim copy paste etc. I have been searching diligently for max PPFD you know light stress how much is too much and what is the min that gives results. Seen alot of light manufacturers post charts but im always a skeptic 🤷‍♂️

Yield and Quality​

Cannabis yield increased linearly from 116 to 519 g·m−2 (i.e., 4.5 times higher) as APPFD increased from 120 to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1 (Figure 7A). Note that yields in the present study are true oven-DWs. Since cannabis inflorescences are typically dried to 10–15% moisture content to achieve optimum marketable quality (Leggett, 2006), dividing DW by the proportion of marketable biomass that the DW comprises (e.g., for 15% moisture, divide DW by 0.85) will estimate marketable yield. The harvest index increased linearly from 0.560 to 0.733 and (i.e., 1.3 times higher) as APPFD increased from 120 to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1 (Figure 7B). The apical inflorescence density increased linearly from 0.0893 to 0.115 g·cm−3 (i.e., 1.3 times higher) as APPFD increased from 120 to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1 (Figure 7C).

***​

Cannabis yield increased linearly from 116 to 519 g·m−2 (i.e., 4.5 times higher) as APPFD increased from 120 to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1 (Figure 7A).

frontiers is usually free tech papers
added them on the cloud for everyone
some im sharing to read from the cloud required login but im not paying either ;)

This study doesnt seem too reliable or maybe not applying directly to a good grower: 519g/m at 1800ppfd? A good grower should be able to get that (or more) with only 900 ppfd. Its hard to apply scientific results like these on to your own grow if its obvious that who ever doing the study hasnt really reached the full yield potential of the light intensity they have available. 1800 ppfd would be like +600w of leds per m2. I sure as hell would expect more than 519g for over 600w of leds. :)

acespicoli

Never got a chance to see the full paper only the blurb under the pic i got from image search. Rest of the paper is unknown to me. But yeah, this is likely not one of those papers with some sweet breakthrough info :)

This study doesnt seem too reliable or maybe not applying directly to a good grower: 519g/m at 1800ppfd? A good grower should be able to get that (or more) with only 900 ppfd. Its hard to apply scientific results like these on to your own grow if its obvious that who ever doing the study hasnt really reached the full yield potential of the light intensity they have available. 1800 ppfd would be like +600w of leds per m2. I sure as hell would expect more than 519g for over 600w of leds. :)
Whats the moisture content of your dried product?

Four Conditions​

• Oven-dry (OD) is defined as the condition of an aggregate where there is no moisture within any part of the aggregate. This condition can be achieved in a laboratory by heating the aggregate to 220 °F (105 °C) for a period of time.[11]
  • Air-dry (AD) is defined as the condition of an aggregate in which there are some water or moisture in the pores of the aggregate, while the outer surfaces of it is dry. This is a natural condition of aggregates in summer or in dry regions. In this condition, an aggregate will absorb water from other materials added to the surface of it, which would possibly have some impact on some characters of the aggregate.[11]
  • Saturated surface dry (SSD) is defined as the condition of an aggregate in which the surfaces of the particles are "dry" (i.e., they will neither absorb any of the mixing water added; nor will they contribute any of their contained water to the mix[11]), but the inter-particle voids are saturated with water. In this condition aggregates will not affect the free water content of a composite material.[12][13]
The water adsorption by mass (Am) is defined in terms of the mass of saturated-surface-dry (Mssd) sample and the mass of oven dried test sample (Mdry) by the formula:

{\displaystyle A={\frac {M_{ssd}-M_{dry}}{M_{dry}}}}

• Damp (or wet) is defined as the condition of an aggregate in which water is fully permeated the aggregate through the pores in it, and there is free water in excess of the SSD condition on its surfaces which will become part of the mixing water.[11]
WILL TELL YOU THIS, NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE TAKING THEIR WET 80% MC CANNABIS
AND DRYING IT DOWN LAB MC AS SPEC IN THE PAPER. MIGHT WANNA GO BACK AND CHECK
MAKE SURE WERE COMPARING APPLES TO APPLES. IM PULLING FROM MEMEORY AND ITS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE... TELL ME IF IM INTERPRETING IT INCORRECTLY?

CAPS JUST SO YOU CAN TELL FROM COPY AND PASTE STUFF I DO ALOT OF THAT ;)
BEST >IBES :huggg:

Last edited:

acespicoli

Readers should be mindful that this study reports yield parameters as true dry weights; marketable yield can be easily determined by factoring back in the desirable moisture content of the inflorescence. For example, for a 400 g·m−2 of dry yield, the corresponding marketable yield would be 440 g·m−2 at 10% moisture content (i.e., 400 × 1.10).

Four Conditions
Cannabis wet weight at harvest is approximately 80%
You can round it up to 1gm/watt 🤷‍♂️ if you do a appreciable higher yield than that please post it
Dialed in and first runs... sure you could up things a little ?

Most people are gonna be happy with what 700-1000ppfd?
Whats a 700 watt led gonna run ?
How much would you pay for two ounces at the dispensary ?
Whats the kilowatt monthly on 700 watts ?
I got strains that finish in 45 days ... some that finish in 120 days... :D :huggg:

Given these impacts of physiological age and light history, we posit that cannabis leaf photosynthesis cannot be used as a stand-alone gauge for predicting yield. Chandra et al. (2008) and Chandra et al. (2015) provided insight into the substantial capacity for drug-type strains of indoor grown cannabis leaves to respond to LI; and the results of these trials are much lauded in the industry as evidence that maximum photosynthesis and yields will be reached under canopy-level PPFDs of ≈1,500 μmol·m−2·s−1.

Chandra, S., Lata, H., Khan, I. A., and Elsohly, M. A. (2008). Photosynthetic response of Cannabis sativa L. to variations in photosynthetic photon flux densities, temperature and CO2 conditions. Physiol. Mol. Biol. Plants 14, 299–306. doi: 10.1007/s12298-008-0027-x
PubMed Abstract | CrossRef Full Text | Google Scholar
Chandra, S., Lata, H., Khan, I. A., and ElSohly, M. A. (2011). Photosynthetic response of Cannabis sativa L., an important medicinal plant, to elevated levels of CO2. Physiol. Mol. Biol. Plants 17, 291–295. doi: 10.1007/s12298-011-0066-6
PubMed Abstract | CrossRef Full Text | Google Scholar
Chandra, S., Lata, H., Mehmedic, Z., Khan, I. A., and ElSohly, M. A. (2015). Light dependence of photosynthesis and water vapor exchange characteristics in different high Δ9-THC yielding varieties of Cannabis sativa L. J. Appl. Res. Med. Aromat. Plants 2, 39–47. doi: 10.1016/j.jarmap.2015.03.002
CrossRef Full Text | Google Scholar

Last edited:

acespicoli

1724759647043.png

1724759932555.png

1724759959494.png

SE1200W Led Grow Light User Manual
Spectrum660-665nm,2800-3000K,4800-5000K
PPF Value3528umol/S
Lumen133214Lm±5%@AC120V 195055Lm±5%@AC240V 194231Lm±5%@AC277V
Power draw1200W Minus 1-30%@AC100-120V

1200W±5%@AC220-277V
Core Coverage4FT*6FT (120x180cm)
Light Size67.47″X45.37″X3.02″ (171.39x115.27x7.66cm)
Package Size118x107.5x11.4cm
Net Weight12.51KG
Gross Weight15.52KG
Input VoltageAC100-277V
Amp6.635A@AC120V

3.266A@AC240V
2.847A@AC277V
Frequency50/60HZ
Operating temperature-20-35℃
Diodes quantity3735pcs
DiodesSamsung LM301H EVO

Let us each take a good look at this and :thinking: is it a good product or overkill 🤷‍♂️

This unit is sporting the best of hort LED ? Very Efficient ? they are in the spreadsheet in a previous post
Samsung LM301H EVO if you have not read the specs on these I surely would
https://led.samsung.com/lighting/mid-power-leds/3030-leds/lm301h-evo/

Tech Spec​

• Wattage0.2 W
  • Forward Voltage2.7 V
  • PPF0.56 μmol/s
  • PPE3.14 μmol/J (this is the highest I have seen recently)
  • Condition65 mA, 25°C, 5000K, CRI 80
* PPF: Photosynthetic Photon Flux ** PPE: Photosynthetic Photon Efficacy
5 YEAR WARRANTY...

Last edited:

acespicoli

1724759677572.png

SE1000W Led Grow Light User Manual
Spectrum660nm,3200-4200K,4800-5000K
PPF Value2758umol/S@AC120V;2780umol/S@AC240V; 2788umol/S@AC277V
Lumen186133Lm±5%@AC120V 187526Lm±5%@AC240V 187338Lm±5%@AC277V
Power draw1000W±5%@AC100-277V
Core Coverage4FT*4FT (120x120cm)
Max Coverage5FT*5FT (150x150cm)
Light Size45.31″X45.31″X3.03″ (115.1x115.1x7.7cm)
Package Size117.4*32.8*23.6CM
Net Weight15KG
Gross Weight17KG
Input VoltageAC100-277V
Amp8.208A@AC120V 3.973A@AC240V 3.444A@AC277V
Frequency50/60HZ
Operating temperature-20-35℃
Diodes quantity3710pcs
DiodesSamsung LM301B
Lifetime50000H
DB0dB

Last edited:

acespicoli

1724759750699.png

SF-G1000W
Spectrum660-665nm, 2800-3000K, 4800-5000K
PPF2940μmol/S
3020μmol/S@AC120V
3018μmol/S@AC240V
3016μmol/S@AC277V
PPE2.9μmol/J
Lumen152860Lm±5%@AC120V
152280Lm±5%@AC240V
151605Lm±5%@AC277V
Power Draw1000W±5%@100-277V
Core Coverage4' x 4'
Max Coverage5' x 5'
Light Size44.17'' x 45.39'' x 3.08'' (112.19 cm x 115.26 cm x 7.82 cm)
Package Size46.46'' x 25.98'' x 4.49'' (118 cm x 66 cm x 11.4 cm)
Net Weight10.51KG
Gross Weight12.81KG
Input VoltageAC100-277V
Amp8.196A@AC120V
4.001A@AC240V
3.465A@AC277V
Frequency50/60HZ
Operating Temperature-20-35℃
LED CountTotal: 4872 pcs
LED SourceBridgelux
Lifespan80000H
Noise Level0dB

THIS IS THE THIRD DOWN FROM TOP IN PRICE AND STILL A PRIME CONTENDER ?

2024 Newest Version Spider Farmer® G1000W Dimmable Cost effective Full Spectrum High Yield Commercial LED Grow Light for 5X5​

Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 5customer ratings
(5 customer reviews)
$799.99 Original price was: $799.99.$679.99Current price is: $679.99.

● Dimension: 44.17'' x 45.39'' x 3.08''
● PPF: 2940 μmol/s
● PPE: 2.9 μmol/J
● Bar-style - better air circulation, effective light penetration through plant canopies, and reduced hotspots
● Foldable: You can complete the installation in almost 1 minute.
● Full spectrum - for growing from seed to harvest.
● High Efficiency 2.9 μmol/J - with high PAR and low power consumption.
● Coverage: 5' x 5'
● Dimmable and controllable with any universal controller 0-10V
● Maximize yield: There is a linear relationship between light intensity and cannabis yield.
● 5 years warranty
Grow Tent Compatible: 5′X5′
Recommended Fan Size: 6-Inch

ALL THREE CO2 LIGHTS ?

Last edited:

acespicoli

SE7000User Manual
Spectrum650-665nm,2800-3000K,4800-5000K
PPF Value2044umol@120V; 2035umol@240V; 2030umol@277V
CoverageMax Coverage:5x5ft (150x150cm)

Core Coverage:4x4ft (120x120cm)
Lumen122036Lm±5%@AC120V 121700Lm±5%@AC240V 121688Lm±5%@AC277V
Power draw730W土5%@ AC120-277V
Light Size1151*1151*77MM
Package Size1176*380*168MM
Gross Weight14.3KG
DB0dB
Input VoltageAC100-277V
AmpAmp:6.029A@AC120V 3.006A@AC240V 2.599A@AC277V
Frequency50-60HZ
LED2688 pcs
BTU2490btu

most will find this suitable ?

Spider Farmer®SE7000 730W Led Grow Light High Yileds Commercial Lighting for 4x4FT​

Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 38customer ratings
(38 customer reviews)
$749.99 Original price was: $749.99.$619.99Current price is: $619.99.

Samsung LM301B Diodes
PPE:
2.8 µmol/J
Coverage: Flower Coverage: 4′X4′(120x120cm), Veg Coverage: 5′X5′(150x150cm)
Dimension: 45″X45″X3″(115.1×115.1×7.62cm)
Grow Tent Compatible: 5′X5′ (150x150cm)

Reactions: Gry

acespicoli

Cannabis (Flowering)
Cannabis
500 – 105030 – 40
Cannabis (Seedling)
Cannabis
100 – 30012 – 16
Cannabis (Vegetative)
Cannabis
250 – 60020 – 45
stage .. .......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ppfd ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DLI

These numbers are a common theme, looks like this calc in theory is what 3 harvests a year ?

acespicoli

I EMAILED SAN LIGHT, SPIDER FARMER, AND MARS FOR ENGINEERING SPECS ON ALL PRODUCTS
ALSO IF YOU WOULD LIKE LINKS TO DOWNLOAD THE GOOGLE SHEETS DM ME :huggg:

LED grow Lights (Grow Lamps)​

Free Fast Discrete Shipping No Hassle 14 Day Returns
Model (click to view)WattsGrow AreaPlantsMax Yield
ARAY 1 | Seedling Light652ft x 1ft1 - 26 oz (160g)
ARAY 21252ft x 2ft1 - 311 oz (310g)
ARAY 32503ft x 3ft3 - 622 oz (625g)
ARAY 42504ft x 2ft3 - 622 oz (625g)
ARAY 4X45004ft x 4ft4 - 945 oz (1,250g)
ARAY 5X57505ft x 5ft9 - 1267 oz (1,870g)
ARAY 4X4 HIGH PAR7504ft x 4ft4 - 967 oz (1,870g)

MIGROW WAS PRETTY TRANSPARENT WITH THEIR LINEUP :D

MIGRO ARAY 5X5 | 750W

- 5ft x 5ft grow space
- Full spectrum - grow from seed to harvest
- 4290 Samsung and Osram LEDs - intelligent spacing - uniform spread
- High Efficiency - high PAR - low power
- Supersized heatsinks - LEDs run cool for longer life
- Power supply remote mounted - reduce heat for longer life
- Dimming - on board - daisy chain - external controller compatible

1724722368238.png

WILL WORK TO GET THE REST OF THESE TOP POLL PICKS DATA AGGREGATED AND POSTED
NOT THAT IT WAS MOST POPULAR BUT I LIKE THE STRAIGHT TALK APPROACH TO THEIR MARKETING :huggg:

Last edited:

Rocket Soul

Whats the moisture content of your dried product?

Four Conditions​

• Oven-dry (OD) is defined as the condition of an aggregate where there is no moisture within any part of the aggregate. This condition can be achieved in a laboratory by heating the aggregate to 220 °F (105 °C) for a period of time.[11]
  • Air-dry (AD) is defined as the condition of an aggregate in which there are some water or moisture in the pores of the aggregate, while the outer surfaces of it is dry. This is a natural condition of aggregates in summer or in dry regions. In this condition, an aggregate will absorb water from other materials added to the surface of it, which would possibly have some impact on some characters of the aggregate.[11]
  • Saturated surface dry (SSD) is defined as the condition of an aggregate in which the surfaces of the particles are "dry" (i.e., they will neither absorb any of the mixing water added; nor will they contribute any of their contained water to the mix[11]), but the inter-particle voids are saturated with water. In this condition aggregates will not affect the free water content of a composite material.[12][13]
The water adsorption by mass (Am) is defined in terms of the mass of saturated-surface-dry (Mssd) sample and the mass of oven dried test sample (Mdry) by the formula:

{\displaystyle A={\frac {M_{ssd}-M_{dry}}{M_{dry}}}}

• Damp (or wet) is defined as the condition of an aggregate in which water is fully permeated the aggregate through the pores in it, and there is free water in excess of the SSD condition on its surfaces which will become part of the mixing water.[11]
WILL TELL YOU THIS, NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE TAKING THEIR WET 80% MC CANNABIS
AND DRYING IT DOWN LAB MC AS SPEC IN THE PAPER. MIGHT WANNA GO BACK AND CHECK
MAKE SURE WERE COMPARING APPLES TO APPLES. IM PULLING FROM MEMEORY AND ITS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE... TELL ME IF IM INTERPRETING IT INCORRECTLY?

CAPS JUST SO YOU CAN TELL FROM COPY AND PASTE STUFF I DO ALOT OF THAT ;)
BEST >IBES :huggg:
No shade on your paper, bro :)
Just pointing out one thing regarding evaluating how applicable a paper would be to one of our grows: growing in a lab study as a researcher is not the same as a pro grower in his own dialed in grow. Does this grow describe a similar situation as when i grow myself?
If the yield increased linearly from 116g to 509 when going from 120ppfd to 1800ppfd:
This means i can estimate how much yield there was at 50% intensity. Halfway thru the intensity we have 960ppfd: an intensity we grow more habitually with than 120 or 1800. If we then estimate yield thru linear relationship we get (509-116 )/2 + 116= 312 g at 960 ppfd. This number gives me pause. A grow that works around 960ppfd that only gives 312g per meter2; that to us would be a failed grow with very low results; in fact it would not cover our expenses. So what happened? At 960 ppfd i would need close to 600g/m2 to be happy with results. Can i actually thrust that this study is measuring something that has an important impact on my grow? I think whoever made these tests designed them for best scientific significance rather than our mission: grow as much as possible of the best quality buds. It shows that whatever grow conditions they gave during the study was only enough to get just over half the yield i woul want from my grow. That means there is some other variable(s, maybe grower skill, plant management, lST/pruning etc) involved in here: the results are very markedly lower than what anyone in our grow community is achieving. As such id say maybe not read in too much in this study, In my opinion of course :).

Porky82

SF-G1000W
Spectrum660-665nm, 2800-3000K, 4800-5000K
PPF2940μmol/S
3020μmol/S@AC120V
3018μmol/S@AC240V
3016μmol/S@AC277V
PPE2.9μmol/J
Lumen152860Lm±5%@AC120V
152280Lm±5%@AC240V
151605Lm±5%@AC277V
Power Draw1000W±5%@100-277V
Core Coverage4' x 4'
Max Coverage5' x 5'
Light Size44.17'' x 45.39'' x 3.08'' (112.19 cm x 115.26 cm x 7.82 cm)
Package Size46.46'' x 25.98'' x 4.49'' (118 cm x 66 cm x 11.4 cm)
Net Weight10.51KG
Gross Weight12.81KG
Input VoltageAC100-277V
Amp8.196A@AC120V
4.001A@AC240V
3.465A@AC277V
Frequency50/60HZ
Operating Temperature-20-35℃
LED CountTotal: 4872 pcs
LED SourceBridgelux
Lifespan80000H
Noise Level0dB

THIS IS THE THIRD DOWN FROM TOP IN PRICE AND STILL A PRIME CONTENDER ?

2024 Newest Version Spider Farmer® G1000W Dimmable Cost effective Full Spectrum High Yield Commercial LED Grow Light for 5X5​

Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 5customer ratings
(5 customer reviews)
$799.99 Original price was: $799.99.$679.99Current price is: $679.99.

● Dimension: 44.17'' x 45.39'' x 3.08''
● PPF: 2940 μmol/s
● PPE: 2.9 μmol/J
● Bar-style - better air circulation, effective light penetration through plant canopies, and reduced hotspots
● Foldable: You can complete the installation in almost 1 minute.
● Full spectrum - for growing from seed to harvest.
● High Efficiency 2.9 μmol/J - with high PAR and low power consumption.
● Coverage: 5' x 5'
● Dimmable and controllable with any universal controller 0-10V
● Maximize yield: There is a linear relationship between light intensity and cannabis yield.
● 5 years warranty
Grow Tent Compatible: 5′X5′

ALL THREE CO2 LIGHTS ?
I wouldn't trust a thing Spiderfarmer tells ya mate they have been lying about specs since they started!

acespicoli

If the yield increased linearly from 116g to 509 when going from 120ppfd to 1800ppfd:
Cannabis (Flowering)
Cannabis
500 – 105030 – 40
Cannabis (Seedling)
Cannabis
100 – 30012 – 16
Cannabis (Vegetative)
Cannabis
250 – 60020 – 45
stage .. .......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ppfd ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DLI

These numbers are a common theme, looks like this calc in theory is what 3 harvests a year ?
Yield at seedling ppfd 116 @ 120 is still close to indusrty standard 1gm/watt
Actually its 0.98gm/watt but usually rounded up, more of a goal than a absolute

screenshot-lcb.wa.gov-2024.08.27-07_29_55.png
screenshot-lcb.wa.gov-2024.08.27-07_31_38.png

screenshot-lcb.wa.gov-2024.08.27-07_27_30.png

LET US DEEP DIVE THIS?
There are four levels of grower competency:

1. Can’t create a clean, consistent environment for plants
  2. Can create a clean, consistent environment for plants
  3. Can match environment to cannabis plant phases generally
  4. Can select and execute the best environment for each individual cultivar

A tall, lanky plant like Blue Dream loves to be stressed, which will result in better quality and yield. It takes the best growers to not only select the right strategy cannabis plants in general, but to also match conditions to your Blue Dream plants.

Tiered HPS vs. Multi-tier LED Cultivation

Many new moving parts may not integrate when starting and operating a new multi-tiered cultivation facility. By pre-planning and focusing on KPIs, you can stay ahead of your competition by making data-driven decisions. First-time commercial growers should consider having support from an experienced team member or consultant with a proven track record in mobile vertical grow racks. Cultivators with a collaborative approach with teammates and consultants with divergent but complementary skill sets typically result in best-in-class operations. Be prepared to pivot, as the market is constantly shifting. A common concern from a single-tiered high-pressure sodium, HPS, cultivator thinking about going multi-tier is concerns about reaching quality and yield goals.
The main difference between the two is the amount of the anticipated yield. The best single-tier HPS cultivators receive between 90 and 120 grams per square foot, roughly 200 to 260 pounds per harvest. Our typical LED cultivators are between 65 and 80 grams or more per square foot, slightly less than single-tier, but the number of grams will be per tier. Combining those two tiers means we have 132-160 plus grams per square foot, equating to about 285 to 350 plus pounds per harvest. These numbers may not seem like too big of a difference, but when looking at the difference in revenue, three-tiered LED cultivators are getting 190 to 240 grams per square foot; this ends up being about 530 pounds in the same room as a single-tiered HPS cultivator who was peaking at 260 pounds.
Something we also see as a limiting factor to quality and yield that we typically see within multi-tier is the room design itself, specifically around the mechanical system or HVAC design, and poor airflow. If your grow uses HPS, you typically focus on climate and root zone strategies. Those strategies are not very easy to take and apply to LEDs. With LEDs, you will need to slightly change all of your growth parameters to account for a different lighting spectrum. With LEDs, you can push your plants harder with different growth parameters. You can now raise your room temperatures with LEDs to achieve the same leaf surface temperature and VPD.
Q: As a follow-up to genetics, are there certain varieties to avoid?

It’s tricky with the naming of varieties. In California, if someone said ‘Blue Dream’ is a huge yielder, somebody growing ‘Blue Dream’ in Michigan might have a totally different plant even though it’s the same name, so it’s a little tricky to pinpoint varieties that are huge yielders. But really the 30 to 35 (grams) is the low bar, and if growers can achieve 50 or even 70 grams per square foot, then they’re really in the ballpark. That’s when you become productive and really lucrative.

screenshot-www.assets.signify.com-2024.08.27-08_15_02.png

CHECK THIS OUT, ^^^ Phillips has always been a quality name, med grade fixtures
Photon Flux... in umol - micro moles... HOW ABOUT THOSE NUMBERS ?

Philips GreenPower LED toplighting compact​

For your light-loving crops, the Philips LED toplighting compact is a UL/CSA-approved grow light that delivers high light levels in growth-stimulating spectrum.

JUST SOME SNIPPETS FOUND TO BE INTERESTING, HOPE TO FIND CONSENSUS ON THIS TOPIC
WHAT KIND OF YIELD SHOULD WE EXPECT
WITH 700-1200 WATT INPUTS WOULD BE PRACTICAL FOR M2 ?

Last edited: