What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

LED and BUD QUALITY

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is it about cannabis grown under LED that gets these people so upset? I cant imagine going into a thread just to trash talk. Some people have way too much extra time i guess? I dont understand it at all, wish we could all just be cool.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe it's the people who have seen excellent flower produced by both lights that should asking...

You seem to have a side.
Is this directed at me? I grew with HIDs forever. Both small and commercial scale. And i do have a side, were in the LED thread…. are you surprised? Having grown with HPS/CMH/LED theres a clear winner. Leds produce more light for less energy. Im getting over 30 lbs from 7000watts of superior quality to HID. Yes i have a side. I could never produce 4+lbs per 1000w fixture and it would never be this terpy or iced out.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m just here to call out the marketing hype of led companies on a weed page. U like weed kid? I’m just trying to Make Weed Great Again by reminding people of better light sources like the sun. 90%++++ if led grown weed is midz af. More midz now than ever and everyone converted to LED and it’s a cult like MAGA anyone disagrees and the cultists ounce like your retahded led colleague who questioned if the sun was better light spectrum than LED. 😘🤙
Who is marketing here? Genuinely curious, i know some people sell leds here, but are they actively marketing them in here? I havent seen that. Im not sure people need reminders about the sun, considering they see it every day. Not everyone is in a suitable climate. Or, they are like myself, they want to control every cardinal parameter and not have a bird shit on their crop at the end. You claim 90+% of led buds are “midz af” but before leds there was still tons of mid level quality. So is it the leds? Theres still tons of commercial facilities running hps and dispensary weed is constantly complained about. Also, calling people “retahd” or whatever may sound funny to you but it just looks childish. Has name calling gotten you good results in your life? Using people who are differently abled to make fun of someone, you think you'll earn respect that way? I can tell you're not here to learn or praise anyones hard work so maybe go enjoy an hid or sungrown thread? At the end of the day, leds produce more light for less energy, they also produce less radiant heat so we dont blow off as many terpenes. I understand they take more dialing in, less forgiving for sure, but when you nail it, theres no reason to go back.

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Is this directed at me? I grew with HIDs forever. Both small and commercial scale. And i do have a side, were in the led thread are you surprised? Having grown with HPS/CMH/LED theres a clear winner. Leds produce more light for less energy. Im getting over 30 lbs from 7000watts of superior quality to HID. Yes i have a side.

Yes, and accurately as well.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I think a good grower can get good results with any variety of lamp.

That's why I think anyone picking a side shouldn't surprised when someone else gets upset.

I prefer the sun so I can act like I can fight, but in reality, the grow light doesn't really change much.

I flowered crazy good chronic under fluorescent T12 shop light fixtures that were two inches away.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

That's why I think anyone picking a side shouldn't surprised when someone else gets upset.

I prefer the sun so I can act like I can fight, but in reality, the grow light doesn't really change much.

I flowered crazy good chronic under fluorescent T12 shop light fixtures that were two inches away.
I would completely agree if this were the “lets discuss all lighting types” thread. But thats not where we are. Weve got people trying to push us towards growing outdoors, returning to older inefficient lighting and now weve got the mention of t12s for flower…..holy smokes, this is as derailed as a topic gets.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seriously no problem.

Just saw your antics and thought maybe you'd calm down.

I am wrong.

Carry on.
How did you try to add calmness? By adding t12s to our discussion? Also “antics”…..youre choosing, purposefully, to use words that are combative. Im willing to have a discussion, you just want to talk shit and walk away like a child.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Noone here currently on this thread is selling any leds. Wth are you talking about?

You dont have to buy any leds. Nor discuss them. As you say some see led bud quality as an issue and im kind of agreeing; some leds just give shitty results when coupled up with the wrong cultivar.

Do you have anything to contribute here? Other than saying its cuz they werent grown with HIDs? Thats just daft cause leds also win cups. Are you contributing to a conversation or just airing your frustration? If the second then go and do it somewhere else. Get it thru your head, some ARE able to grow GREAT weed with leds. We are currently beating the quality, potency and yield (both totals and per watt) of both our old hps and cmh setups. But i build my own leds, dont have to buy the shitty lights on the market currently. Its just some parts sourcing and at most some soldering, no biggie. And you can build whatever results you like.
Yes, you and some have problems getting over mids quality with leds. Isnt that a You problem? Why are you antagonizing people who do get good results? Or are at least looking into improving their results?
It just seems daft to be running your mouth when you could actually learn how to get better at what you do. Weve all been there on leds thinking they dont do crap and somehow we got convinced otherwise. What happened to us? Massive worldwide psychosis? Or was there actually a way to get things to work right?
TRIGGERED!!!

CharlesU Farley

That's why I think anyone picking a side shouldn't surprised when someone else gets upset.q

I respect both you and Crooked8 here on ICM and have tremendous respect for Rocket Soul, who I'm familiar with from another forum that we don't discuss here. :ROFLMAO:

You can disagree without being disagreeable, which both of you pretty much well doing, from my perspective anyway. I'm used to a lot of FOAD and ESAD's in these types of discussions.:cool:

Can't we all just get along???😂:ROFLMAO:😂

Seriously, you both make good points, as do most of the participants in this thread. Everybody just brings their own education, experience, and expertise (how's that for alliteration, my high school English teacher would be proud;)) to these discussions and obviously, everybody has various opinions.

If I could legally grow outdoors, I'd be _all_ over natural sun! If I didn't live in the hot ass SouthEast mountains of the US, I may actually prefer _MH_ (maybe CMH now, totally ignorant of those since I went directly from MH to LED) for the additional heat that a 1 kw ballast can provide.

But for _me_ and my environmental situation, I'm happy to produce buds like this, taken today, plants are one month into flowering:

d9d33bee-d4ea-4f6e-8091-eea9aa0f5093-1_all_4635.jpg

In an environment like this:

8X4_fans.jpg

For about what it used to cost me to run this fucker:

1000014629.jpg

From an old dinosaurs perspective, you just got to love technology!!!!:cool: