Attachments

• F4818ED6-987C-4219-B91A-C9934110F0AC.jpeg
    F4818ED6-987C-4219-B91A-C9934110F0AC.jpeg
    767.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 149BBA78-01C9-4081-9E8F-B66AF7642567.jpeg
    149BBA78-01C9-4081-9E8F-B66AF7642567.jpeg
    863.9 KB · Views: 50

BurntBacon

What would happen if I start my KA5H with 12/12 directly before going onto 11/13? Instead of 18/6?
You can grow from seed at 12/12 or 11/13, but the plant still will have to achieve sexual maturity before flowering. I grew one of Ace’s Thai Chi fem. from seed on 11/13, but it still took five weeks to reach maturity/ flower, but stayed right around a meter.
Listen to Dubi’s talk on the Potcast, second episode. Good info on the KA5 in particular, and more on flowering straight from seed, especially on the sativas.

Nextgeneration73

You can grow from seed at 12/12 or 11/13, but the plant still will have to achieve sexual maturity before flowering. I grew one of Ace’s Thai Chi fem. from seed on 11/13, but it still took five weeks to reach maturity/ flower, but stayed right around a meter.
Listen to Dubi’s talk on the Potcast, second episode. Good info on the KA5 in particular, and more on flowering straight from seed, especially on the sativas.
So it'd be better to 18/6 to get veg going quicker then? Is there anyway to induce flowering earlier at all from seed? Instead of 5 week veg maybe 2/3? This wouldn't have been an issue if my seeds and equipment had already came.

Nextgeneration73

Burnt Bacon, would you be willing to do an early 9 week sample on yours, and then a 10.5 week. Like taking just a nug from it. I'm worried that my seeds and equipment still ain't here but was thinking of being able to harvest them at 12 weeks after some time in veg. I wish I would've ordered them a month ago, if I had known it would take this long...

Last edited:

Roost

Long term lurker, but my current Killer A5 Haze grow is too impressive to not share.

It all started in a 2-gallon pot where she spent her first 4 weeks. Then, on December 28th, I transplanted her into a 30-gallon pot. I flipped to flowering on January 2nd, so we're now 26 days in. She's already stretched about 4 feet and shows no signs of stopping. It's astonishing how much she's grown, practically dominating a 2x3 ft area of the flowering tent. My apologies to the other plants that are currently blooming. I'm anticipating the next week or so will reveal which phenotype she is, primarily due to this incredible stretching and the onset of bud sites. I'm considering adjusting the light cycle from 12/12 to maybe 11/13 or 10/14—any advice on this?

Caring for her has been surprisingly smooth, though she's quite the thirsty plant. My routine involves running the drip system for 15 minutes, twice a day, complemented by manual watering once or twice a week. All I do is top dress with some Gypsum, worm castings and compost(from a small local company).

However, there's still some work to be done. I need to trim some of the lower growth that I may have let get slightly out of control.

Attachments

• haze6.jpeg
    haze6.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 54
  • haze5.jpeg
    haze5.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 63
  • haze4.jpeg
    haze4.jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 50
  • haze3.jpeg
    haze3.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 51
  • haze2.jpeg
    haze2.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 57
  • haze1.jpeg
    haze1.jpeg
    603.3 KB · Views: 63

Nextgeneration73

Long term lurker, but my current Killer A5 Haze grow is too impressive to not share.

It all started in a 2-gallon pot where she spent her first 4 weeks. Then, on December 28th, I transplanted her into a 30-gallon pot. I flipped to flowering on January 2nd, so we're now 26 days in. She's already stretched about 4 feet and shows no signs of stopping. It's astonishing how much she's grown, practically dominating a 2x3 ft area of the flowering tent. My apologies to the other plants that are currently blooming. I'm anticipating the next week or so will reveal which phenotype she is, primarily due to this incredible stretching and the onset of bud sites. I'm considering adjusting the light cycle from 12/12 to maybe 11/13 or 10/14—any advice on this?

Caring for her has been surprisingly smooth, though she's quite the thirsty plant. My routine involves running the drip system for 15 minutes, twice a day, complemented by manual watering once or twice a week. All I do is top dress with some Gypsum, worm castings and compost(from a small local company).

However, there's still some work to be done. I need to trim some of the lower growth that I may have let get slightly out of control.
I've been given the advice of switching from 12/12 to 11/13 to 10/14 and to even less from then on if stretch or time is an issue many many times and by many people. But recently I've kept on asking just to clarify that it would help. Actually my main issue is time for cultivation since my order is still lagging. Which means I have to keep on the lower the light hours little by little which I've been told reduces stretch reduces flowering time, speeds up maturing, reduces yeild, but doesn't reduce potency or quality. Just gets to maturity faster with less yeild. Most people say it does, some say there's no point in it. But I have no choice it seems. By May something I have to travel, sure I could cancel which might cause certain issues, big ones (I'm a busy person and I work of course, but there are times when I have more time for myself to get something done like this grow for an example). Not gonna go into that though and what it's all about. If my order had already came a month ago like it was supposed to, then I wouldn't rush it so much. But I'll have to apparently. Turns out September I won't be able to grow so it'll have to be this season. I actually had to make (switch up) certain plans and choose between September and now And I already chose now... But the order is not yet here...

Nextgeneration73

It all started like this!))
Do you leave the seed in the dark when it's in the water or it doesn't matter? How many days after it's germinated do you put in the soil and can you put it under strong LED from the start or no? Meaning after germination?

Last edited:

DrPuff

Do you leave the seed in the dark when it's in the water or it doesn't matter? How many days after it's germinated do you put in the soil and can you put it under strong LED from the start or no? Meaning after germination?
Hi!Of course, I remove the seeds for 24 hours in the dark, if they have not opened, I put them in moistened cotton pads for a while.))The sprout immediately appears under the light at full power.

Nextgeneration73

Hi!Of course, I remove the seeds for 24 hours in the dark, if they have not opened, I put them in moistened cotton pads for a while.))The sprout immediately appears under the light at full power.
How about just germinating in the soil option, if there are no cotton pads, using kitchen foil (or something similar) with holes poked in it, would that be doable if the soil is wet at first? They say that it shouldn't be soaked though, but slightly wet. And if it is doable how long should I keep the pot in the dark until I turn on the LED light and of course remove the kitchen like foil? Would turning on the LED while germinating in soil speed it up or would it be dangerous?

Last edited:

Cheech87

It's now 6 days since my last posting
The plants reached sexual maturity and showed the first stigmas

The flowering hasn't started yet, it's been 3 weeks since I set the light to 12/12

The tips are still slightly burnt and I still haven't given any fertilizer.
4135C490-EAA9-45C5-A1E9-5DAE9D51625B.jpeg

Attachments

• F236C996-97C5-42CC-B45D-38A94FE7B013.jpeg
    F236C996-97C5-42CC-B45D-38A94FE7B013.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • E39F317C-408C-417C-A2CC-0153142441A9.jpeg
    E39F317C-408C-417C-A2CC-0153142441A9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • B9581CF5-F210-45BF-8F6B-4EF04AF73EB7.jpeg
    B9581CF5-F210-45BF-8F6B-4EF04AF73EB7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • E9B0F049-6B75-4106-9810-D7F94DD77491.jpeg
    E9B0F049-6B75-4106-9810-D7F94DD77491.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35

DrPuff

So germination in water is a no go I assume, since I've read on websites (for seeds) that say that it's dangerous that way? How about just germinating in the soil option, if there are no cotton pads, using kitchen foil (or something similar) with holes poked in it, would that be doable if the soil is wet at first? They say that it shouldn't be soaked though, but slightly wet. And if it is doable how long should I keep the pot in the dark until I turn on the LED light and of course remove the kitchen like foil? Would turning on the LED while germinating in soil speed it up or would it be dangerous?
friend, I have been germinating seeds like this for 11 years, everything works fine!))I immediately leave the light on after planting the seeds in the ground.You can take paper towels for germination instead of foil.

Last edited: