What's new

Killer A5 Haze

Nextgeneration73

I've never taken a plant too early and been happy with the results.

When taking a plant (even from a 12-13 week, high potency strain like KA5H) 3 or 4 weeks early you risk significantly lower potency as well as almost guaranteeing one dimensional, unsophisticated or even unenjoyable effects.

If you need to chop the grow down after 9 weeks of flowering I would strongly suggest selecting a strain that can be expected to mature within 9 weeks of flip, 10 weeks at the most..

Peace
Sorry but what does one dimensional mean?

Nextgeneration73

I agree with Old Fogey.

There also is a difference between harvesting "early" and harvesting "too early". If you want a good final product, you need to chop in the "havest window". The harvest window usually start around one week before the plant reach its full ripeness and ends up around one weed after that.

Regarding phenotype and for most people that aren't master growers with perfect setups, the peak maturity of the plan usually is on the later side of the expected flowering time indicated by the breeder (that means that most of us will probably harvest KA5H around week 12).

For a 12 week flowering plant (peak maturity), early harvest is at around 11 weeks and late harvest would be 13 weeks.

As my experience regarding effects (growing on/off 10 years, indoor and outdoor) ...

Too early harvest : racy, one dimensionnal, short duration effects. Not potent.

Early harvest : More clear headed and energetic effects with good potency.

Ripeness : best effects. Really potent, complex and balanced effects.

Late harvest : Heavier, more narcotic effects with still a good amount of head high. Good potency.

Harvesting past the harvest window : Body focused high that makes you tired without a giving you a good psychoactive buzz. Significant degradation in potency.

*Off course, there are strain specificities to this.
I'm kinda scared now, 😟 If I manage 10 weeks or 10.5 I'll be honored...

FeelHaze

I'm kinda scared now, 😟 If I manage 10 weeks or 10.5 I'll be honored...
Growing weed is a really fun journey even if the final product isn't the most potent so go for it :)

Still, if you need to chop at week 9-10 max, the best option (in my opinion) would be to go for a 9 week flowering sativa strain.

As an example, I grew DNA chocolope 2 times in the past (95% sativa) and I confirm that it can finishes in 9 week or less. I remember one of my plants having some psychedelic vibes to the high. All the plants were really uplifting/energetic/creative. Super easy to grow.

For fun, look at auto Zamaldelica in ace catalog. It seems like a legit short floweing mostly sativa strain !

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Growing weed is a really fun journey even if the final product isn't the most potent so go for it :)

Still, if you need to chop at week 9-10 max, the best option (in my opinion) would be to go for a 9 week flowering sativa strain.

As an example, I grew DNA chocolope 2 times in the past (95% sativa) and I confirm that it can finishes in 9 week or less. I remember one of my plants having some psychedelic vibes to the high. All the plants were really uplifting/energetic/creative. Super easy to grow.

For fun, look at auto Zamaldelica in ace catalog. It seems like a legit short floweing mostly sativa strain !
I already got KA5H, or I'm waiting for the payment transfer to be received at least, but I think I just found a solution to my problem, had to make certain plan changes the past hour so that I have the additional time🤔 Anyways does anyone here know if Zerum Block or other odor eliminator products affect the high? Or just the smell and taste of the bud if the air comes in close contact. The air extractor will blow into one of them but it's not clear if it won't extract too much with lees air intake, might have to not always use it, there's a chance that they could come in contact with air. Unless I find yet another solution. I didn't get a Carbon filter but thinking on it. If it can be placed onto the air extractor hooked through the duct from the tent? The extractor being outside the tent connected to a duck coming from the tent, I'm not sure if I can connect the Car on filter on the outside to have it blow through.

Last edited:

Old Fogey

I agree with Old Fogey.

There also is a difference between harvesting "early" and harvesting "too early". If you want a good final product, you need to chop in the "havest window". The harvest window usually start around one week before the plant reach its peak ripeness and ends up around one weed after that.

Regarding phenotype and for most people that aren't master growers with perfect setups, the peak maturity of the plan usually is on the later side of the expected flowering time indicated by the breeder (that means that most of us will probably harvest KA5H around week 12).

For a 12 week flowering plant (peak maturity), early harvest is at around 11 weeks and late harvest would be 13 weeks.

As my experience regarding effects (growing on/off 10 years, indoor and outdoor) ...

Too early harvest : racy, one dimensionnal, short duration effects. Not potent.

Early harvest : More clear headed and energetic effects with good potency.

Peak ripeness : best effects. Really potent, complex and balanced effects.

Late harvest : Heavier, more narcotic effects with still a good amount of head high. Good potency.

Harvesting past the harvest window : Body focused high that makes you tired without a giving you a good psychoactive buzz. Significant degradation in potency.

*Off course, there are strain specificities to this.
Excellent summary.

Nextgeneration73

Did you flip to 11/13 already? Thanks for your support.... Which one of the three you got right now is the shortest? Or which one is taller? .

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Did you flip to 11/13 already? Thanks for your support.... Which one of the three you got right now is the shortest? Or which one is taller? Bro literally two years on this thread waiting to reach the day that I finally grow this strain, I was gonna add an additional Cookies Gelato hearing about it's social calming but yet sensory increase effects along with this strain, but then there was a change it's shipping all of a sudden so I decided I'll just stick to this one. Thought about adding a Malawi and Zamedelica for future use in case I ever wanted to try but they need even more time to harvest, I mean come on... Fridge ain't an option at least for now, so what would I even do with if I had to save them for such a long term haul. But anyways I don't know what scared me more, everyone's comments about the one dimensional racy non euphoric result of an early harvest (got me changing certain plans in advance this evening to have a chance at having a longer period of time for the grow and bloom by the way) or the fact that it took me so long (and still seems to be) to finally make a payment for the seeds, equipment, the ones that I still had left to get. This was the most stressful few days, I've never had such trouble ordering anything in my life before, and all of the reasons for it were strange occurrences mainly to do with the procedures. My gf helped me through it, and of course it wasn't the company's fault from where I'm buying but my own bank having issues, my card as well, and other even sillier reasons. Hopefully this is all worth the needless stress and ache. I also had to work from home long hours (like I normally do online) meanwhile also stressing about the payment and other stuff all at once, good thing I'm a professional in what I work from home office and could do it in my sleep almost. There was this person on this very thread who took his KA5H early, his 9 week early sample report actually seemed impressive and definitely in no way one Dimensional, or less creative trippy or dreamy ect... Either it was the quickest of all phenos 😆 Or he miraculously sped up the process of maturing of his KA5H.
On a serious note though the payment transfer is still lagging, this is infuriating. Good thing that the special music medication frequencies that I normally listen to on YouTube keep my nerves calm. I managed to get an extra month or so for a much longer flowering period. But this bank transfer is taking too long... One of my own cards was expired, my bank is problematic when it comes to these international transfers, honestly I'll have to change banks one day and use the same one as my girlfriend, she finally managed to help me transfer them using hers, because apparently her card also didn't work since some code never showed up, I of course gave her double the amount from my account to pay for them but it was on Thursday. (We both live alone). However the order number kept changing and changing due to so many failed attempts, apparently Alchemia still hasn't received them after Thursday's transfer, but like my girlfriend insisted I wrote to them explaining the recipients name that it was payed in her name just in case they didn't know which payment was which. Never in my life has paying and ordering something been this difficult. 5 KA5H seeds, and a bunch of other essential items for grow, bloom, vent, odor eliminators, spray, air extractor, growing pot ect... Today and yesterday I had rather calmed down but the days before that were one of the most stressful .... All just for not being sure if all this would work, mainly the order. Yes FeelHaze I'm pretty sure it's a fun journey growing weed, especially the part that follows after, but the not so fun part is waiting to see if the order will even happen.

Last edited:

Old Fogey

Sorry but what does one dimensional mean?
Well, the high will probably start out with a nervous/racy feel and stay like that without any development or nuance, before fading out quickly after a much shortened peak, with no mellowing at the end.

I will suggest imbibing a large amount of coffee as a cheaper alternative, it's easier to obtain and the effect will be every bit as interesting as you will seriously risk finding in a 13 week sativa dominant hybrid taken at just 9 weeks 😉

That said, you could probably make an edible oil of reasonable quality from such material if you know what you're doing, you'd be looking to convert most of the available THC into CBN for a mellow, couch lock effect.

Peace

arsekick

Got a couple of KA5's in the garden, not sure how they will go, weather is fairly shitty lol,
can only hope for a Indian(late) summer so far its been nothing but cloudy days and lots of rain.

Nextgeneration73

A5 Haze’s potency is indeed deep, heady, trippy/spacey and introspective.
I found Malawi more disassociating, very powerful yet more exhausting.
Cheers for the feedback!
People have been telling me that taking KA5H earlier at week 8 or 9 would make it super racy, and in no way psychoactive (trippy/dreamy ect.) Is this always the case if flowered for 8 or 9 weeks only? I've been telling everyone how I won't have three months to cultivate but just recently plans changed and it turns out that I'll actually have an extra month of flowering before harvest, but I'm still interested in the early harvest being a great risk just to know what to stay clear from, the online order is taking way too long for me to even begin though... Also what's the minimum time requirement of the veg in KA5H?

Nextgeneration73

Well, the high will probably start out with a nervous/racy feel and stay like that without any development or nuance, before fading out quickly after a much shortened peak, with no mellowing at the end.

I will suggest imbibing a large amount of coffee as a cheaper alternative, it's easier to obtain and the effect will be every bit as interesting as you will seriously risk finding in a 13 week sativa dominant hybrid taken at just 9 weeks 😉

That said, you could probably make an edible oil of reasonable quality from such material if you know what you're doing, you'd be looking to convert most of the available THC into CBN for a mellow, couch lock effect.

Peace
If the seeds and other stuff come sooner, than I will be able to go far longer than 9 or 10 weeks of flowering. Although several people have mentioned their KA5H being trippy dreamy psychedelic ect... Even on 9 weeks of flowering.

Last edited:

Old Fogey

If the seeds and other stuff come sooner, than I will be able to go far longer than 9 or 10 weeks of flowering. Although several people have mentioned their KA5H being trippy dreamy psychedelic ect... Even on 9 weeks of flowering.
There's an old saying from my part of the world ... you can't make strawberry jam out of pig's muck.

If you only have 9-10 weeks of flowering time available to you, select a strain that finishes at, or under 10 weeks for the win.

Peace

Nextgeneration73

There's an old saying from my part of the world ... you can't make strawberry jam out of pig's muck.

If you only have 9-10 weeks of flowering time available to you, select a strain that finishes at, or under 10 weeks for the win.

Peace
Okay but does anyone know if Bank Transfers take more than 2 working days to reach Spain if the country the order is coming from is pretty close.

Nextgeneration73

Peace
Converting THC into CBN happens easy. If I ever need to chill out I can always do that or buy CBD as well! It's the trippy psychedelic effects that my mind is calmed down by the most because that realm is so much like home. Yes I will have additional CBD oil and other stuff just in case of anything, but first I want to have my stuff arrive and be able to grow it while I still have time before our travel and harvest it once it's ripe or at least almost fully. Buying CBD or getting CBN is the easiest task to do.

Cheech87

Hello,
This week i had topped the Plant.
F34BF051-7D9B-4E05-9336-CD86D67DD364.jpeg
A9B2EF92-A759-4019-A068-F2130C8FDD59.jpeg
180FEDEC-C226-44BA-80AF-B5EC5DF3DB38.jpeg
I found the growth a bit slow this week but I think that will change in the next few days.

blondie

Did someone say stretchhhhh? This plant stretched so much. It’s a ka5h clone of my fat pheno. It wasn’t huge when I flowered and I would eyeball at 3x taller now. King Kong Ka5h! Somehow stretched more than the mother. Was not expecting that.

Hps is as high as it can get now. Mother and clone next to one another.

Attachments

• 6063FE9D-5DCF-443D-8A6B-B4922D67556F.jpeg
    6063FE9D-5DCF-443D-8A6B-B4922D67556F.jpeg
    936.7 KB · Views: 64
  • B3E3F32F-E0B7-4699-94AD-E8FC69CDA7FB.jpeg
    B3E3F32F-E0B7-4699-94AD-E8FC69CDA7FB.jpeg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 51873EDA-9661-479A-8B10-5BFC91580239.jpeg
    51873EDA-9661-479A-8B10-5BFC91580239.jpeg
    970.3 KB · Views: 68

Nextgeneration73

My Killer A5 Haze is at 9 weeks. I took a early sample to quick dry and vaped a couple bowls. Truly astounding weed. The potency is incredible. It was the highest I've been in years. The first half an hour was aggressive and psychedelic, I felt like a sponge soaking in all audible and visible details. I wanted nothing more than to sit and soak in all the sensations and when I had to get up I had to move slowly lest it all became overwhelming. Narcosis followed after that. I loved the sample so much I was tempted to cut another branch. I can't wait to feel KA5H at full maturity and properly dried.
According to this person 9 weeks early is still potent and trippy. Definitely not one Dimensional like everyone's been saying. 🤔 Still I wonder if I should do an early sample myself when the time comes (a few weeks before harvest)

Last edited:

badass-eu

Hi Ace seeds, @dubi and the whole community, I have a question, the pistils are finally arriving on my KillerA5haze, the stretching seems to have calmed down but is it not linked to the container? Currently in 7L, I wonder if I should repot in 15-20L? Is it too late? I am attaching photos in the evening 😉

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi Ace seeds, @dubi and the whole community, I have a question, the pistils are finally arriving on my KillerA5haze, the stretching seems to have calmed down but is it not linked to the container? Currently in 7L, I wonder if I should repot in 15-20L? Is it too late? I am attaching photos in the evening 😉
It's not too late; She'll be more than happy being transplanted into a larger pot.