What's new

Killer A5 Haze

Nextgeneration73

Welcome to the forums @HMFR :) and thanks for choosing Killer A5 Haze for your current grow!

As i explained previously in this thread, i prefer to wait for the flowering stage to start evaluating traits and phenos in this complex polyhybrid.

Please, keep us updated and good luck with the grow
Dubi hi again, it turns out that my grow might not be September but infact this very month due to certain factors, but since I don't know if I could keep them running until April (due to traveling, again it's a very complicated story) would decreasing the daylight hours drastically after 10-15 days veg help speed the bloom? Also what would the effects be if harvested at week 7 or 8 compared to 9 or 10? I'm still not sure if I'll have the time to keep it going for three months of bloom. But then again maybe I could until week 9. I'm sorry but I'm on a strict time schedule. I hope I'll have enough time to dry them afterwards before cured in a jar before our trip.
Welcome to the forums @HMFR :) and thanks for choosing Killer A5 Haze for your current grow!

As i explained previously in this thread, i prefer to wait for the flowering stage to start evaluating traits and phenos in this complex polyhybrid.

Please, keep us updated and good luck with the grow

Last edited:

badass-eu

Les vôtres ont beaucoup de jau

Yours have a lot of yellow and dark green 🤔 I'm wondering if that's the specific pheno?
I don't know if it's the light that plays a role but there is no yellow color directly apart from the tips of leaves which have been marked, it's rather light green and dark green on the spot :) I hope that that helps! What specific pheno are you talking about?
I can't say at the moment which phenos it is leaning towards but the flowering is just starting I finally see the pistils after 6 weeks of 12/12, the flowering looks set to be quite long!

Nextgeneration73

I don't know if it's the light that plays a role but there is no yellow color directly apart from the tips of leaves which have been marked, it's rather light green and dark green on the spot :) I hope that that helps! What specific pheno are you talking about?
I can't say at the moment which phenos it is leaning towards but the flowering is just starting I finally see the pistils after 6 weeks of 12/12, the flowering looks set to be quite long!
Oh sorry, I wrote my sentence incorrectly 😁, I meant: I'm wondering if it's due to the pheno you have that gives off that color... It wasn't really a question, but just me thinking aloud 😂 and writing it. But everyone's KA5H looks different I've noticed...

Nextgeneration73

It's an unstabilized polyhybrid. I imagine there is quite a bit of variability indeed.

Now if we cross this with another unstabilized polyhybrid we'll start getting into the territory of American breeders.
Personally (on a side note) American weed always seemed to have a more earthy flavor than the kind I've had in my own country (where I'm at now) although I haven't been there in quite awhile and I've heard that they've changed it with their own GMO style in some dispensaries. Where I live the past few years good psychedelic weed is rare now due to certain changes. We used to have some good dank Sativa's but now it's all Indicas and Hybrids. A lot of people prefer the strains that flower faster and have more better smell and profit which is a loss to those looking for the real high. I personally don't care if it smells like s***, I care about the sensory increase (time and space becoming one with every magical visual and auditory alteration with the soul mind and thoughts) personally weed always triggered psychedelic effects in me even an ordinary strain that didn't for others because of my brain chemistry which is different than some other people. Hybrids did it well enough and Sativa's blasted me off and now I'm looking for the next level. Only problem is that my soon to be grow might have to be harvested earlier at about 8 or 9 weeks. If not less because me and my partner travel due to certain duties we have and I've been looking for the right season to grow KA5H for about two three years now (still trying to organize the right months to buy seeds and grow as stupid as it may sound) and finally I've chosen this month. Then again however my first grow goes I will of course keep seeds for other seasons. It would've been much easier if my work would let me have enough time to have a proper four months to grow and harvest. Instead I have to rush everything 😕

blondie

Day 79 since flip on these two plants. Thinking she still has longer to go. @dubi what you think?

Cola shot of the fatty plant.

166DF889-DF61-4B22-A1F5-B781C4A375D5.jpeg

Lower down cola shot from the fatty

CB33CEDB-F988-49F9-A99A-CF3278766CDA.jpeg

Lower bud shot

0B426FCA-626A-40FD-A8A1-DC2D6DB41D25.jpeg

Another lower bud shot

6A649728-6D88-4F78-9191-EB2A583182C5.jpeg

blondie

Second plant. Thinner Pheno. @dubi what you think on this one? I’m thinking it needs longer also.

Attachments

• D4A0454B-861F-475B-84FC-5409022D59C5.jpeg
    D4A0454B-861F-475B-84FC-5409022D59C5.jpeg
    621.5 KB · Views: 68
  • D1821100-D101-4BED-B0C1-BC7433F763A0.jpeg
    D1821100-D101-4BED-B0C1-BC7433F763A0.jpeg
    651.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 5FA4D68E-7BB4-4BF0-81D8-4EAA06FC45F7.jpeg
    5FA4D68E-7BB4-4BF0-81D8-4EAA06FC45F7.jpeg
    674.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DC75F6C0-5041-4BBE-89FE-E4F4B273B2BE.jpeg
    DC75F6C0-5041-4BBE-89FE-E4F4B273B2BE.jpeg
    807.3 KB · Views: 53

Nextgeneration73

Day 79 since flip on these two plants. Thinking she still has longer to go. @dubi what you think?

Cola shot of the fatty plant.

View attachment 18946372

Lower down cola shot from the fatty

View attachment 18946374

Lower bud shot

View attachment 18946378

Another lower bud shot

View attachment 18946380
They say that it will be more clear and energetic if taken earlier, but yet they say to keep it going longer, that's how early if not earlier I'll take it since I don't know if I could keep it going so long. Why not take a tiny bit off, dry it and try it 😁 At least I'll know what to expect when it's my turn.

FeelHaze

My last KA5 was very Haze dominant and didn’t slow until around 35 days, chop at 81. From 12” veg., topped at 5th node, still stretched to almost 6’, indoors. Crazy vigor in that line, light feeder. Only jar I touch most days (everyday).
I'm a bit (really) worry about the stretch as my grow tent is 6 feet. My KA5H is 8 inch tall and also the most vigourous of my 3 plants (malawi and panama are the others). What reassures me is that it seems to be the NL5/Haze pheno. Whould you recommand to flip it soon ? Here is a pict of it.

Attachments

• 20240115_195504.jpg
    20240115_195504.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 66

Nextgeneration73

Indoor flowering times are from flip, but they are only accurate if the seedling/clone was mature. If not, you can expect longer flowering time and greater stretch. I think that strains that take 3 months to flower usually need a couple months of veg from seed to be sexually mature. Flipping earlier will accelerate sexual maturity somewhat. I ran Golden Tiger 12/12 from seed this year. They took 6 weeks to show pistils. I would think yours are about 2 weeks behind schedule, due to early flip.
Luckily Killer A5 is potent enough that an early harvest will still give you some pretty potent weed. Clearer and more energetic effects could be the silver lining. The GT I took too early is my favourite.
But by taking it early like week 8 or 9 that would mean less trippy and psychedelic, or just more energetic and cleaner? Perhaps less THC than at weeks 10-12 I gather?

Nextgeneration73

I'm a bit (really) worry about the stretch as my grow tent is 6 feet. My KA5H is 8 inch tall and also the most vigourous of my 3 plants (malawi and panama are the others). What reassures me is that it seems to be the NL5/Haze pheno. Whould you recommand to flip it soon ? Here is a pict of it.
FeelHaze bro, if I were you I would have already flipped it a week ago (in my case due to space in the tent and time for the whole grow) I remember reading about it being recommended to flip it after 15 days of veg with lights 11/13 from the start of the bloom phase for those with minimal space! Several descriptions even said that Dubi recommends it but weather Dubi really said that is a different story 🤔 The tent I got was a medium size but it was from Amazon and somehow the cost tripled which was insane while getting it, perhaps because of the shipment taxes. The LED light I bought costed way less but the light is almost extremely intense. And the dimmer switches are missing but everything else is there. I'm not sure if that intense light is okay for a young plant still beginning veg and if it shouldn't be under another light first. No idea... But that's easy I have many led lights where I live which are less intense. According to many people if I switch to less than 11/13 for bloom (like 10/14 or 9/15) should be okay if the light is intense enough, some say it's a horrible idea due to yield, others say it will finish much quicker and therefore mature earlier than later with less stretch. Who should I believe I have no idea 🤔 I guess one must do it themselves and find out. However If the space I have and the time I have was not an issue than I would veg it a bit longer than I otherwise would!

Last edited:

BurntBacon

FeelHaze, if I were you I would have already flipped it a week ago despite others saying to wait, actually I'm not really sure because everyone's opinion seems different on when to flip to bloom 🤔 I remember reading about it being recommended to flip it after 15 days of veg with lights 11/13 from the start of the bloom phase for those with minimal space! Several descriptions even said that Dubi recommends it but weather Dubi really said that is a different story 🤔 The tent I got was a medium size but it was from Amazon and somehow the cost tripled which was insane while getting it, perhaps because of the shipment taxes. The LED light I bought costed way less but the light is almost extremely intense. And the dimmer switches are missing but everything else is there. I'm not sure if that intense light is okay for a young plant still beginning veg and if it shouldn't be under another light first. No idea... But that's easy I have many led lights where I lived which are less intense. According to many people if I switch to less than 11/13 for bloom (like 10/14 or 9/15) should be okay if the light is intense enough, some say it's a horrible idea due to yield, others say it will finish much quicker and therefore mature earlier than later with less stretch. Who should I believe I have no idea 🤔 I guess one must do it themselves and find out.
11/13 inside

Nextgeneration73

11/13 inside
Okay but if KA5H is usually more potent than many other strains, wouldn't taking it a bit earlier still be better than a ordinary strain taken on time? It's almost 30 percent THC, more trippy than most strains, perhaps not as trippy as Malawi I've heard, so wouldn't an early harvest still have it better than an ordinary strain done on time? I'm asking this question everywhere I can so that I at least know what to expect in case I have to take it earlier. If I had all the time in the world I wouldn't even be asking this.

Last edited:

BurntBacon

Okay but if KA5H is usually more potent than many other strains, wouldn't taking it a bit earlier still be better than a ordinary strain taken on time? It's almost 30 percent THC, more trippy than most strains, perhaps not as trippy as Malawi I've heard, so wouldn't an early harvest still have it better than an ordinary strain done on time? I'm asking this question everywhere I can so that I at least know what to expect in case I have to take it earlier. If I had all the time in the world I wouldn't even be asking this.
Early harvest= short lived, racy high. I hear your concerns. Any plant from seed is not going to flower at the speed of a clone, especially if it’s not sexually mature. Go for it, harvest early, and save some seeds for when u have the time to let her go to finish.

Old Fogey

I've never taken a plant too early and been happy with the results.

When taking a plant (even from a 12-13 week, high potency strain like KA5H) 3 or 4 weeks early you risk significantly lower potency as well as almost guaranteeing one dimensional, unsophisticated or even unenjoyable effects.

If you need to chop the grow down after 9 weeks of flowering I would strongly suggest selecting a strain that can be expected to mature within 9 weeks of flip, 10 weeks at the most..

Peace

Last edited:

FeelHaze

I've never taken a plant too early and been happy with the results.

When taking a plant (even from a 12-13 week, high potency strain like KA5H) 3 or 4 weeks early you risk significantly lower potency as well as almost guaranteeing one dimensional, unsophisticated or even unenjoyable effects.

If you need to chop the grow down after 9 weeks of flowering I would strongly suggest selecting a strain that can be expected to mature within 9 weeks of flip, 10 weeks at the most..

Peace
I agree with Old Fogey.

There also is a difference between harvesting "early" and harvesting "too early". If you want a good final product, you need to chop in the "havest window". The harvest window usually start around one week before the plant reach its peak ripeness and ends up around one weed after that.

Regarding phenotype and for most people that aren't master growers with perfect setups, the peak maturity of the plan usually is on the later side of the expected flowering time indicated by the breeder (that means that most of us will probably harvest KA5H around week 12).

For a 12 week flowering plant (peak maturity), early harvest is at around 11 weeks and late harvest would be 13 weeks.

As my experience regarding effects (growing on/off 10 years, indoor and outdoor) ...

Too early harvest : racy, one dimensionnal, short duration effects. Not potent.

Early harvest : More clear headed and energetic effects with good potency.

Peak ripeness : best effects. Really potent, complex and balanced effects.

Late harvest : Heavier, more narcotic effects with still a good amount of head high. Good potency.

Harvesting past the harvest window : Body focused high that makes you tired without a giving you a good psychoactive buzz. Significant degradation in potency.

*Off course, there are strain specificities to this.

Last edited: