What's new

Killer A5 Haze

FeelHaze

Welcome to ICMag @FeelHaze :) thanks for choosing ACE Seeds genetics for your current grow.

When doing selections with new genetics for the first time, i like to make final selection of parent plants at the end, based on qualities of the smoke and flower. Once you are more familirized with the new genetics (and if you have grown enough plants to get a good picture of the population and its different phenotypes/expressions), then you will be able to easily judge plants from same family more accurately and in earlier stages.

But again, best decision is to select for finished product and its qualities, and secondly for other variables such as yield, vigor, etc ...
Thank you Mr. Dubi.
Its good to hear it from the master himself. I will keep the community updated on my grow with the Killer A5 Haze, the Malawi and the Panama. I plan to do a comparative smoke report at the end.

I'm on the quest for old school trippy effects (audio/time distortions, laugher, cartoonish vision) and a strain with a buildup/no ceiling effect (maybe with Panama?).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to the forums @HMFR :) and thanks for choosing Killer A5 Haze for your current grow!

As i explained previously in this thread, i prefer to wait for the flowering stage to start evaluating traits and phenos in this complex polyhybrid.

Please, keep us updated and good luck with the grow!

FeelHaze

My 3 Killer A5 Haze, day 8 from seed.
20231224_135941.jpg
Here they are, day #14 from seed. Good vigor. Organic soil blend may be a little hot but plants are adapting to it.
The one lower on the picture is a stinker.

FeelHaze

Here we are at day 24 with the killer A5 haze. I already did defoliate the 2 lower notes today and I plan to top/begin to train in a couple days. Leaves are getting thinner and we will soon have a better look of the mature plant structure

In the second pict, from left to right, Malawi (day 24), Panama (day 15) and our KA5H (day 24).

Attachments

• 20240103_225248.jpg
    20240103_225248.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 65
  • 20240103_225336.jpg
    20240103_225336.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 58

Nextgeneration73

Here we are at day 24 with the killer A5 haze. I already did defoliate the 2 lower notes today and I plan to top/begin to train in a couple days. Leaves are getting thinner and we will soon have a better look of the mature plant structure

In the second pict, from left to right, Malawi (day 24), Panama (day 15) and our KA5H (day 24).
Hey Feelhaze, sorry to bother you, but I had a question written in the private message section, my question was if you would be willing to do one or two early samples of your buds, from each plant maybe just a nug or two maybe week 7 8 or 9? I want to know what to expect if it just so happens that I have to harvest early (due to several factors) when my turn to grow comes.

Cheech87

My 3 KA5H ~40 days old. Ignore the 2 autos in the far left. They just got topped for the second time before the photo.

I'm starting to think I don't have enough room in there. The plan was to have just these 3, and to have already started their bloom cycle. Do we think I should get a 4x4 instead of the 2x4 they're in now? I'm more limited by plant count than anything else.

And since I'm now looking into new gear, what do you think about led vs hid? I hear arguments on both sides. All I know is that the commercial weed we've been getting since 2018 is not where it's at. So, I'm shunning mainstream breeds. But what do the guys here
My 3 KA5H ~40 days old. Ignore the 2 autos in the far left. They just got topped for the second time before the photo.

I'm starting to think I don't have enough room in there. The plan was to have just these 3, and to have already started their bloom cycle. Do we think I should get a 4x4 instead of the 2x4 they're in now? I'm more limited by plant count than anything else.

And since I'm now looking into new gear, what do you think about led vs hid? I hear arguments on both sides. All I know is that the commercial weed we've been getting since 2018 is not where it's at. So, I'm shunning mainstream breeds. But what do the guys here grow with?
Hello, my opinion
I would use an LED, I have a Sanlight Evo before i had a 600 watt HID from Lumatek
I wouldn't change my LED any more, it took some getting used to at the beginning, I had to water the plants less and heat a little in the winter, but in the summer it was perfect, with much less humidity fluctuations
The buds are a little smaller than with hid but had a lot more trichomes and terpenes and were more compact.

Old Fogey

And since I'm now looking into new gear, what do you think about led vs hid? I hear arguments on both sides. All I know is that the commercial weed we've been getting since 2018 is not where it's at. So, I'm shunning mainstream breeds. But what do the guys here grow with?
Switching to LED is the best move I've made in recent times. Be sure to assess the quality of diodes (number of [high number/low wattage], type and manufacturer) and light spectrum in the fixture, the difference between good and ordinary is huge imho. Also important is the "angle" of the diodes, 120 degrees is superior to 90 degrees, again imho.

Peace

Last edited:

FeelHaze

Switching to LED is the best move I've made in recent times. Be sure to assess the quality of diodes (number of [high number/low wattage], type and manufacturer) and light spectrum in the fixture, the difference between good and ordinary is huge imho. Also important is the "angle" of the diodes, 120 degrees is superior to 90 degrees, again imho.

Peace
LED for the win in my opinion.
It produces less heat so you can put it closer to plants and run fan on lower setting. WAY less stretch in flowering. Better yield, better quality on the finish product.

blondie

My two fine ka5h old ladies.... Day 71 since flip. Both Still green and healthy, still fattening up. Some browning happening. The fat one keeps throwing out pistils. The thinner one is not fattening as much but still looks like a nice plant. The image makes pistils look more brown than I can see. I tried to get these out of hps light. Best I can get. The two images with led light in the background is the same plant, thinner pheno. All other images are the fatter pheno. I’m thinking I’ve still got some weeks to go until done??

Attachments

• 9C030C0E-2A55-4642-84A3-B758236A23CB.jpeg
    9C030C0E-2A55-4642-84A3-B758236A23CB.jpeg
    649.3 KB · Views: 73
  • B4B413A5-DB1E-4402-8394-3890FB1A3573.jpeg
    B4B413A5-DB1E-4402-8394-3890FB1A3573.jpeg
    812.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 65A2E013-B717-41FE-8B23-7F8B56B76BBA.jpeg
    65A2E013-B717-41FE-8B23-7F8B56B76BBA.jpeg
    714.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 09F53DA6-DA92-4A9E-A55F-C973D6B288F6.jpeg
    09F53DA6-DA92-4A9E-A55F-C973D6B288F6.jpeg
    732.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 75376A99-4BA8-477B-9FCE-FD33DE43646C.jpeg
    75376A99-4BA8-477B-9FCE-FD33DE43646C.jpeg
    735.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 7A289C9C-4F27-4E27-A5E8-E0A313FC7940.jpeg
    7A289C9C-4F27-4E27-A5E8-E0A313FC7940.jpeg
    782.6 KB · Views: 76

FeelHaze

Hey Feelhaze, sorry to bother you, but I had a question written in the private message section, my question was if you would be willing to do one or two early samples of your buds, from each plant maybe just a nug or two maybe week 7 8 or 9? I want to know what to expect if it just so happens that I have to harvest early (due to several factors) when my turn to grow comes.
I will let the plants mature fully as I prefer the more complex effects it gives. In my experience, early harvested sativas tend to give a one dimensional, clear but racy effect.

Nextgeneration73

I will let the plants mature fully as I prefer the more complex effects it gives. In my experience, early harvested sativas tend to give a one dimensional, clear but racy effect.
Oh no, I didn't mean harvest them early, no that would be rude of me if I was asking you to do such a thing lol. No I would never do that! What I meant was if you could pick off a tiny bit while it's still flowering and after drying that tiny bit for sometime to give it an early test. And then of course once it's fully mature you can finally compare it to the earlier sample or samples. Again of course you're not entitled to listen to me, it's your choice. I'm not familiar with what one dimensional means though, I'll look it up to see if it means what I think it does. Um, the thing is that since I might not be able to keep it going too long because of our constant traveling and other additional reasons it may end up harvested a tad bit earlier. Edit: by the way I read about what it could mean and one dimensional most definitely doesn't sound ideal for what I'm looking for, rather the opposite, racy and clear is totally fine though. Edit: If anyone on here reading this however does know what one dimensional as an effect for a high means, I'd be more than happy if you could elaborate further on the meaning just in case.. best Regards

Last edited:

FeelHaze

A little update regarding the KA5H.

I did a little training with it and some defoliation. Huge fan leaves. I' m going to top once more before flowering to thave 8 main colas.

Attachments

• 20240111_180403.jpg
    20240111_180403.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240111_180513.jpg
    20240111_180513.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 66
Last edited: