What's new

Killer A5 Haze

Consolidated

Maybe I was not understood, as English is not my native language What role does it play if you grow clones from your mother plant ? Either they are clones or seed plants,from the moment they go into the jars, it is inevitable that they will lose strength over time.

Nextgeneration73

i hope thats not true, as i grow from clones i take from my mum plants
I don't think that one has to do with the other but yes I to hope not. I've heard of people putting their jars stashed underground but then again I wouldn't risk that unless I was living somewhere with my own backyard house, instead of an apartment.

Nextgeneration73

Always from the ace....directly, but mandalas and Alchiimia have the correct seeds from the Ace.
Yeah I think you're absolutlely right as I looked into them further, they seem highly legit and reliable. I know I ask this alot but how would you consider the effects on Ka5H if harvested at week 8 or 9 of flowering compared to week 10 11 12 or 13 and so on if I were looking for the sweet spot whether before Pistals are Amber (milky) after or midway in terms of trippy, euphoric, clear, functional, narcotic, sleepy/energetic paranoid or not being able to function? I don't mean to annoy with this but I've been searching around for many answers since I hear that it's different with these strains and especially this one.

Last edited:

Chungo

Hi @Chungo Thanks for joining the thread with your Killer A5 Haze, beautiful plant. In average, stretching is over after 4 weeks for the most frequent, tamed, balanced phenos. 1-2 weeks more for the very Haze dom expressions, and around 3 weeks for the very NL dom expressions. Yours seems to be a balanced pheno, slightly towards tropical side of the genepool with those thin stems and that type of strong branching. I think she is at the end of her stretching and should fully focus next on flower production.
Thanks this plant slowed the stretch now to crawl. So it lasted 3-4 weeks. A note that this plant has 2 -3 branches that have 3 fan leaves at ea. internode hense 3 bud sites. Just never seen that before.

BurntBacon

Yeah I think you're absolutlely right as I looked into them further, they seem highly legit and reliable. I know I ask this alot but how would you consider the effects on Ka5H if harvested at week 8 or 9 of flowering compared to week 10 11 12 or 13 and so on if I were looking for the sweet spot whether before Pistals are Amber (milky) after or midway in terms of trippy, euphoric, clear, functional, narcotic, sleepy/energetic paranoid or not being able to function? I don't mean to annoy with this but I've been searching around for many answers since I hear that it's different with these strains and especially this one.
I’ve never taken a sample before 70 days, at which it’s clearly not ready by eye. Little more racy then, but short lived. Taken at mostly cloudy, it’s s simply potent, expansive in the lungs. Like Dubi said on the Potcast about KA5, extreme euphoria followed by narcosis. I ve smoked for 35 yrs, all day everyday for past 20. It’s not giggle weed, energetic yet introspective, fairly clear, little body, it does have a ceiling to me,which is the narcosis, blame that on the NL. Everybody varies, light smokers can’t handle it, from what I’ve seen.

BurntBacon

I’ve never taken a sample before 70 days, at which it’s clearly not ready by eye. Little more racy then, but short lived. Taken at mostly cloudy, it’s s simply potent, expansive in the lungs. Like Dubi said on the Potcast about KA5, extreme euphoria followed by narcosis. I ve smoked for 35 yrs, all day everyday for past 20. It’s not giggle weed, energetic yet introspective, fairly clear, little body, it does have a ceiling to me,which is the narcosis, blame that on the NL. Everybody varies, light smokers can’t handle it, from what I’ve seen.
Meant to add my last was very Haze A dominant, very sativa structure.

Chungo

Put this here as this KA5H has 2 or 3 stems that have 3 fan leaves at every node with 3 flower heads. I haven't seen this before and just wondering if this would have a positive effect on the bud size?...

Attachments

• 20230924_113524.jpg
    20230924_113524.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Did you buy them straight from Ace seeds or another site? Would buying from Mandalaseeds or Alchimiaweb still bring me the same strain from Ace since they have it from them?

Both Alchimia and Mandala are official ACE retailers, you can check our list of official retailers here:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Put this here as this KA5H has 2 or 3 stems that have 3 fan leaves at every node with 3 flower heads. I haven't seen this before and just wondering if this would have a positive effect on the bud size?...

3 branches/buds per node is a priori better than 2. Although rarely a plant shows it constantly all over the apical growth, even less common in secondary branching.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola El amigo Dubi,

They are maturing slowly, I cut most of the faster flowering varieties so they have the tent to themselves now alongside the 2 most Sativa Super Lemon Hazes finishing up and the Bagseed NL5 Haze C which is slightly ahead of #3.

I did fuck them up a bit, as I had some fungus gnats that were getting a little too comfortable. So I did a root drench with an oil-based organic insecticide. Of course a few days after that I was out of town for a bit and they ended up very thirsty, which did not go too well 1 watering after the oil treatment, so they lost a lot of their leaves. The Haze phenos (#3 and #4) got hit the worst.

#2 is in early ripening, only getting her first cloudy trichs, no amber, and the rest clear. She probably needs another 2 possibly 3 weeks. I cut a branch of it to try and it smokes really smooth, like you'd expect from a Haze hybrid. She seems pretty tasty and I loved her expression of Terpinolene. As you said she is the most NL-leaning pheno, she probably would have been better if I didn't mainline her since she doesn't stretch too much (maybe x2.5).
I didn't take a clone of her because she didn't have any good clones to take aside from the main branches, so she'll end up going to reveg camp. I don't think she will be my keeper, but she still deserves at least another grow.

#6 is probably the keeper at nose value, she has the same bouquet as #1 and #5 with the pot pourri/incense/leather/floral but she has a definite SWEET gassy-ish tropical fruit punch smell on top, that none of the others do. It's pretty awesome, in high quantity it has a rotten funk smell to it sort of like jackfruit. I would not call her Peach Incense at all at this point though. Do you have experience with this sort of pheno?
She gives me good vibes too, some sort of psychedelic sensual energy to her. Have never had vibes from a plant like that before.

#3 I feel got held back because she is in a corner and her tops barely get any light. But she is certainly an impressive plant. Very resinous. Smells Nice too, but what feels like a generic smell for this variety and not quite as loud as the other ones. But she seems like the top dog in terms of vigor and yield.

#4 continued stretching past the point where she touched the LED. At that point she was starting to get some bleaching. I was quite amazed at how close she was getting with 0 signs of light stress prior to that.
She finally started flowering in earnest. She smells really nice and unique with some roasted coffee beans and wood accents. Not much leather/incense though? Very resinous as well. I think she may need another 6 to 8 weeks to finish properly though (so a total of 18-20 weeks from seed). I can't perpetual at 10/14 is the main concern. If I put the next batch even at 11/13, seems like that would delay the maturing even further.

I hope/think her clones should be a lot faster, she took forever to show pistils and actually start her real stretch when some of the other ones were sexually mature in Veg.

I can't realistically take them further than 120 days (another 5 weeks). Which seems like it could work for #3 but not #4. Should I cut the photoperiod down to 9/15?

Here are some ugly pics 😅

View attachment 18890338
Super Lemon Haze #4 on her last legs

View attachment 18890347
Dutch Treat Bagseed (aka NL5 Haze C selfed)

View attachment 18890348
Killer A5 Haze #1

View attachment 18890350
Killer A5 Haze #2

View attachment 18890349
Killer A5 Haze #3

View attachment 18890351
Killer A5 Haze #4 (not a happy camper 😅)

View attachment 18890359
Killer A5 Haze #5

View attachment 18890357 Killer A5 Haze #6

View attachment 18890368
Please tell me this is pollen and not PM

Next Gen getting ready to take over.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:

Sorry to see they ended up with health problems 🤨the pic of # 6 female shows severe signs of pm infection, harvest this one asap and check all the garden and new indoor cycle.

i.love.scotch

I popped one Killer A5 bean and this was the result. Took the seed plant 13wks, clone finishes in more like 10-11wks.

Fresh it has a woody, popcorn, meaty and propane nose. Heavy on the propane (sulfur/rotten eggs). As it cures and ages the odd burnt popcorn and propane smells soften and give in to more pleasant incense and floral notes.

Satisfying and long lasting high

Attachments

• PXL_20230314_060124168.jpg
    PXL_20230314_060124168.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 166
  • PXL_20230219_203508297.jpg
    PXL_20230219_203508297.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 168
  • PXL_20230219_203339008.jpg
    PXL_20230219_203339008.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 170