What's new

Killer A5 Haze

BurntBacon

Mine seems to have slowed down after 2 weeks of stretching. Would be curious to know what others have experienced.
My last KA5 was very Haze dominant and didn’t slow until around 35 days, chop at 81. From 12” veg., topped at 5th node, still stretched to almost 6’, indoors. Crazy vigor in that line, light feeder. Only jar I touch most days (everyday).

GrowdoBaggins

Day 22 of flower. Stretch has slowed down, this strain is something else, just about to start getting really fun.

Attachments

• 20230906_182547.jpg
    20230906_182547.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • 20230906_181829.jpg
    20230906_181829.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 20230906_181808.jpg
    20230906_181808.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 145

Chungo

Mine seems to have slowed down after 2 weeks of stretching. Would be curious to know what others have experienced.
Well My one plant is at 15 days of 12/12 and she shown from day 2 that she is stretching. She is still going strong at over a in. a day. I toped this plant twice in veg. She is over 3 ft. now. Most of my previous plant's slowed down by 3 weeks hoping she isn't any different.

GrowdoBaggins

Well My one plant is at 15 days of 12/12 and she shown from day 2 that she is stretching. She is still going strong at over a in. a day. I toped this plant twice in veg. She is over 3 ft. now. Most of my previous plant's slowed down by 3 weeks hoping she isn't any different.
Nice, share some pics if you can, would love to see it. I'm on 11/13, I wonder what impact that has on stretch.

RobertFripp

Ive got a 2006 Willie Nelson mother, and that sucker will stretch for 80 days. Ive never seen the likes of it. If you veg it to a foot tall, it will be over 7 feet when done. And it produces big time. Its the biggest producing, long flowering strain Ive even seen.
First time I grew this strain, I didnt know it was going to stretch like it did. I knew it was going to stretch, but not 6-7 times its size after flip. I did bend it over, and grow it like a vine, and it gets huge secondary branches. I grow most plants like this vs letting them grow vertically.
This plant takes about 105 days to finish. It wont finish outside where I am. I bet this thing would get at least 15 feet tall outside.

GrowdoBaggins

Ive got a 2006 Willie Nelson mother, and that sucker will stretch for 80 days. Ive never seen the likes of it. If you veg it to a foot tall, it will be over 7 feet when done. And it produces big time. Its the biggest producing, long flowering strain Ive even seen.
First time I grew this strain, I didnt know it was going to stretch like it did. I knew it was going to stretch, but not 6-7 times its size after flip. I did bend it over, and grow it like a vine, and it gets huge secondary branches. I grow most plants like this vs letting them grow vertically.
This plant takes about 105 days to finish. It wont finish outside where I am. I bet this thing would get at least 15 feet tall outside.
That's epic, how are the effects?

RobertFripp

Really really good weed. No ceiling high, but may make some paranoid. Very clear up energizing euphoric high. Creeper. Very long lasting high. Also gives dry mouth, and dry eyes. Lung buster. Some dont like it because it chokes the crap out of you. Buds are grey looking from the trichomes. Loaded with thumb-middle finger sized buds, but can be as big as a 2 litre if you dont bend it over, but thats not feasible indoors. Spongy, and medium density. Ive not grown it for a while as Ive been doing other strains. But all my friends really like it. Smells like lemongrass, and anise. Tasts citrus/pineapple, pine. Doenst smell a lot when growing. I wish someone would recreate this strain.
Its Highland Nepali x Vietnam Black. Not that Id buy from him anymore, but the Willie Nelson came from Reeferman. I hear hes doing things again in Jamaica, and people are having a hard time getting their orders.

Last edited:

Chungo

This is 5th of Sept.
20230910_100431.jpg
and this second pic is today Sept 10. This plant was started outdoors and put inside to flower. It has grown approx 8 in in 5 days. Switched the lights to 11/13 to see if that will slow her down. She is about 4 feet tall now and I have about 18 in left for light adjustments....

Attachments

• 20230905_122813.jpg
    20230905_122813.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 70

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just curious what is the average stretch for KA5 in terms of time?...Thanks

Hi @Chungo Thanks for joining the thread with your Killer A5 Haze, beautiful plant. In average, stretching is over after 4 weeks for the most frequent, tamed, balanced phenos. 1-2 weeks more for the very Haze dom expressions, and around 3 weeks for the very NL dom expressions. Yours seems to be a balanced pheno, slightly towards tropical side of the genepool with those thin stems and that type of strong branching. I think she is at the end of her stretching and should fully focus next on flower production.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Sativa/NLD lovers from around the world,
Here are some new pics at 50 days after flip (just got their first 14 hr night)
We got a new contender for the title of tallest with #4 slowly stretching her way through week 7/8 (can barely see the rest of the canopy from this angle).

View attachment 18876681

View attachment 18876670
Killer A5 Haze #1 (smells very floral and sharp/astringent a little bit like a sour apple, light on the leather not very Hazy)

View attachment 18876673
Killer A5 Haze #2 (shortest pheno, by far densest buds smells most balanced between incense leather floral haze. She started getting hungry apparently)

View attachment 18876674
Killer A5 Haze #3 (smells of leather incense with the Haze quite noticeable and some light floral touches and some metallic notes as well)

View attachment 18876675
Killer A5 Haze #4 (still being quite timid on the resins and smells, so far mostly like #3 but still very faint)

View attachment 18876677
Killer A5 Haze #5 (Deep leather incense, some pot pourri going on)

View attachment 18876678
Killer A5 Haze #6 (Fruity/sweet leather floral incense with some rotten funk in there)

View attachment 18876680
Killer A5 Haze #4 in all her glory.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:
Very interesting variety of expressions @thugpoet 1, 5 and 6 are balanced expressions, 2 is a faster flowering indica expression of sativa high/flower leaf ratio, 3 and 4 Haze dom.

How are they doing nowadays ? Things must be getting interesting there .... female 2 most probably already ripening, and females 1,5 and 6 getting heavy day by day. Glad to see female 3 Haze dom catching up, hope female 4 started to react after you switched to 10/14 photoperiod. If 4 didn't react at all maybe consider to remove her from the garden (unless you have a perpetual flowering room and you don't need the room to re start). Please, keep us updated!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I just flipped mine, those are my buddies buds, I haven't smoked it yet. He says it's exceptional, so far the best we've grown from ace are the A5 and GT. I really like the Panama also, very interesting terps and huge buds, vibrant effects too.

Glad to know you have been enjoying some of our classic sativa strains such as Panama and Goden Tiger @GrowdoBaggins :) Also, very happy to hear your friend rate so highly the Killer A5 Haze you are flowering right now. Great looking canopy :yes: with so many branches and budsites she has the potential to yield a lot at the of the rife. 12/12 photoperiod works perfectly fine for shorter flowering 9-10 weeks phenos, 11/13 is recommended for those expressions that need 12 weeks or more.

Nextgeneration73

It's my pleasure to assist here in the forums to growers like you showing interest and excitement for growing our genetics :tiphat: it's without any doubt one of the best parts of this job.

To be honest, i was not very interested to inbred Nevil's work or create hybrids using only his genetics, Nevil did that job more than good (and others with more or less success and consistency).

When a really good F1 like A5 Haze shows the dominant traits of each parental plant in a very desirable way, with the peaks in vigor, potency and yield from F1 heterosis, rarely the S1 improves it. I have big bags of seeds of A5 Haze S1 and C5 x A5 which i guess would be quite marketable, but i decided to not go in that way.

As i commented with dear @Yo Sammy (the person who shared with us all the Nevil's Haze hybrid clones) from the start of these projects, my main interest was to cross our best sativa range with Nevil's Haze hybrids, and try to come out with something really good that can bring something new to the table, and bring Nevil's work to a more sativa side, which is our especiality and main working field.

In that sense i think we have achieved really interesting new sativa hybrids, especially with Killer A5 Haze, Thai A5 Haze, Panama A5 Haze and Super Panama Haze (Nevil's Haze x Panama).

From A5 Haze terpene profiles i love both: the leather, liver, hashy, rotten organic, incensey main profile and the more recessive fruity peach incensey profile. We worked quite a lot with peach incensey phenos in advanced Tikal (75 % Guatemala sativa and 25 % NL/Haze) generations and hybrids, so i'm not craving to work again on that.

Keep up the great gardening work @thugpoet best part of your grow is yet to come! ;)
Just curious how would the effects compare between Killer a5 haze, Zamedelica, and Golden Tiger?

Last edited:

Chungo

Hi @Chungo Thanks for joining the thread with your Killer A5 Haze, beautiful plant. In average, stretching is over after 4 weeks for the most frequent, tamed, balanced phenos. 1-2 weeks more for the very Haze dom expressions, and around 3 weeks for the very NL dom expressions. Yours seems to be a balanced pheno, slightly towards tropical side of the genepool with those thin stems and that type of strong branching. I think she is at the end of her stretching and should fully focus next on flower production.
Thanks for the info. This plant has grown about 18 in. since the flip to 12/12 Aug 26th. So if she continues at this rate I can expect her to have stretched another 10 in. approx. over the next 10 days.....

thugpoet

Very interesting variety of expressions @thugpoet 1, 5 and 6 are balanced expressions, 2 is a faster flowering indica expression of sativa high/flower leaf ratio, 3 and 4 Haze dom.

How are they doing nowadays ? Things must be getting interesting there .... female 2 most probably already ripening, and females 1,5 and 6 getting heavy day by day. Glad to see female 3 Haze dom catching up, hope female 4 started to react after you switched to 10/14 photoperiod. If 4 didn't react at all maybe consider to remove her from the garden (unless you have a perpetual flowering room and you don't need the room to re start). Please, keep us updated!

Hola El amigo Dubi,

They are maturing slowly, I cut most of the faster flowering varieties so they have the tent to themselves now alongside the 2 most Sativa Super Lemon Hazes finishing up and the Bagseed NL5 Haze C which is slightly ahead of #3.

I did fuck them up a bit, as I had some fungus gnats that were getting a little too comfortable. So I did a root drench with an oil-based organic insecticide. Of course a few days after that I was out of town for a bit and they ended up very thirsty, which did not go too well 1 watering after the oil treatment, so they lost a lot of their leaves. The Haze phenos (#3 and #4) got hit the worst.

#2 is in early ripening, only getting her first cloudy trichs, no amber, and the rest clear. She probably needs another 2 possibly 3 weeks. I cut a branch of it to try and it smokes really smooth, like you'd expect from a Haze hybrid. She seems pretty tasty and I loved her expression of Terpinolene. As you said she is the most NL-leaning pheno, she probably would have been better if I didn't mainline her since she doesn't stretch too much (maybe x2.5).
I didn't take a clone of her because she didn't have any good clones to take aside from the main branches, so she'll end up going to reveg camp. I don't think she will be my keeper, but she still deserves at least another grow.

#6 is probably the keeper at nose value, she has the same bouquet as #1 and #5 with the pot pourri/incense/leather/floral but she has a definite SWEET gassy-ish tropical fruit punch smell on top, that none of the others do. It's pretty awesome, in high quantity it has a rotten funk smell to it sort of like jackfruit. I would not call her Peach Incense at all at this point though. Do you have experience with this sort of pheno?
She gives me good vibes too, some sort of psychedelic sensual energy to her. Have never had vibes from a plant like that before.

#3 I feel got held back because she is in a corner and her tops barely get any light. But she is certainly an impressive plant. Very resinous. Smells Nice too, but what feels like a generic smell for this variety and not quite as loud as the other ones. But she seems like the top dog in terms of vigor and yield.

#4 continued stretching past the point where she touched the LED. At that point she was starting to get some bleaching. I was quite amazed at how close she was getting with 0 signs of light stress prior to that.
She finally started flowering in earnest. She smells really nice and unique with some roasted coffee beans and wood accents. Not much leather/incense though? Very resinous as well. I think she may need another 6 to 8 weeks to finish properly though (so a total of 18-20 weeks from seed). I can't perpetual at 10/14 is the main concern. If I put the next batch even at 11/13, seems like that would delay the maturing even further.

I hope/think her clones should be a lot faster, she took forever to show pistils and actually start her real stretch when some of the other ones were sexually mature in Veg.

I can't realistically take them further than 120 days (another 5 weeks). Which seems like it could work for #3 but not #4. Should I cut the photoperiod down to 9/15?

Here are some ugly pics 😅

20230914_175236.jpg

Super Lemon Haze #4 on her last legs

20230914_175324.jpg

Dutch Treat Bagseed (aka NL5 Haze C selfed)

20230914_175531.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #1

20230914_175558.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #2

20230914_175625.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #3

20230914_175954.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #4 (not a happy camper 😅)

20230914_180253.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #5

20230914_180324.jpg
Killer A5 Haze #6

20230914_182759.jpg

Please tell me this is pollen and not PM

20230914_183745.jpg

Next Gen getting ready to take over.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:

Nextgeneration73

Glad to know you have been enjoying some of our classic sativa strains such as Panama and Goden Tiger @GrowdoBaggins :) Also, very happy to hear your friend rate so highly the Killer A5 Haze you are flowering right now. Great looking canopy :yes: with so many branches and budsites she has the potential to yield a lot at the of the rife. 12/12 photoperiod works perfectly fine for shorter flowering 9-10 weeks phenos, 11/13 is recommended for those expressions that need 12 weeks or more.
Is Alchimiaweb.com a good source to get seeds from Ace seeds or Mandala seeds shop, or would it be more reliable to buy directly from Ace Seeds? Also if it's directly from Ace how discreatly does it come packaged when it coming through customs? I know that Mandala and Alchemia have it pretty descreatly packaged but I also want to be sure that I'm getting the actual same strain from Ace Seeds was wondering which sourse is most reliable. My country is in the list for all of the above sites it ships to but still.

When I learned that I won't be able to grow this Sep. I in turn will have to wait before purchasing because I won't be able to keep them in the fridge. I have this spot in the bathroom shelves, very dry inside, cool both summer and winter at the same tempurature but maybe about 19-21 degrees Celcius in a locked box in their orginal packaging was my idea. But how many months at the most can they last until potting time in such a place if not the fridge? So that I know which month I can purchase the Killer a5 haze and how many months prior to potting it if it's not in the fridge.
Also I've read how in cannabis plants THC eventually converts into CBN if it's kept in storage for years (meaning if you don't smoke all of it in one year). Does that degration happen with sativas like Killer a5 haze or Malawi as well with left over flowers or does it only become stronger overtime in curing jars.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Also I've read how in cannabis plants THC eventually converts into CBN if it's kept in storage for years (meaning if you don't smoke all of it in one year). Does that degration happen with sativas like Killer a5 haze or Malawi as well with left over flowers or does it only become stronger overtime in curing jars.
i feel once the weed is dried and cured, its at it's peak- leaving it in jars, or in my case vacuum sealed bags does nothing to increase the high, in fact i think it losses some potency the longer it sits..

Mimpi Manis

Is Alchimiaweb.com a good source to get seeds from Ace seeds or Mandala seeds shop, or would it be more reliable to buy directly from Ace Seeds? Also if it's directly from Ace how discreatly does it come packaged when it coming through customs? I know that Mandala and Alchemia have it pretty descreatly packaged but I also want to be sure that I'm getting the actual same strain from Ace Seeds was wondering which sourse is most reliable. My country is in the list for all of the above sites it ships to but still.

When I learned that I won't be able to grow this Sep. I in turn will have to wait before purchasing because I won't be able to keep them in the fridge. I have this spot in the bathroom shelves, very dry inside, cool both summer and winter at the same tempurature but maybe about 19-21 degrees Celcius in a locked box in their orginal packaging was my idea. But how many months at the most can they last until potting time in such a place if not the fridge? So that I know which month I can purchase the Killer a5 haze and how many months prior to potting it if it's not in the fridge.
My Ace seeds KA5 came with Ace sticker festooned on back of pkt. Somehow it made it thru into my cannabis paranoid southern continent. Astounding after so many others pinged and lost previously in shipping. Pretty good strain is KA5 btw. Comes in around earlish May here. Made some pretty good crosses with the lineage. No clunkers thus far.

Nextgeneration73

My Ace seeds KA5 came with Ace sticker festooned on back of pkt. Somehow it made it thru into my cannabis paranoid southern continent. Astounding after so many others pinged and lost previously in shipping. Pretty good strain is KA5 btw. Comes in around earlish May here. Made some pretty good crosses with the lineage. No clunkers thus far.
I wish you all the best! Hopefully mine does too, you got it directly from Ace Seeds right?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts