What's new

Killer A5 Haze

Ras Kali Rasta

View attachment 18908214
2 more weeks and unfortunatly I have to give her the chop. Just a question when ACE gives a flower time is it from the flip of the light schedual or when the first pistals show up...

Indoor flowering times are from flip, but they are only accurate if the seedling/clone was mature. If not, you can expect longer flowering time and greater stretch. I think that strains that take 3 months to flower usually need a couple months of veg from seed to be sexually mature. Flipping earlier will accelerate sexual maturity somewhat. I ran Golden Tiger 12/12 from seed this year. They took 6 weeks to show pistils. I would think yours are about 2 weeks behind schedule, due to early flip.
Luckily Killer A5 is potent enough that an early harvest will still give you some pretty potent weed. Clearer and more energetic effects could be the silver lining. The GT I took too early is my favourite.

Chungo

Thanks for all the input of flowering time. My KA5H was started around fourth week of June and flipped 24-26 of August. I would like to see her finish properly as she is putting on some bulk on her solid bubs now but I have a commitment that interferes with her growth. The buds on the KA5H are much more solid than my last grow of GT 3.0. She will be put into cobs the second week of Nov......again thanks

dillycid

KA5H x Guawi 3rd week of Oct. Looks to me about a mid Nov. harvest. Comments are welcome!
KA5H x Guawi.JPG

Ras Kali Rasta

Thanks for all the input of flowering time. My KA5H was started around fourth week of June and flipped 24-26 of August. I would like to see her finish properly as she is putting on some bulk on her solid bubs now but I have a commitment that interferes with her growth. The buds on the KA5H are much more solid than my last grow of GT 3.0. She will be put into cobs the second week of Nov......again thanks

Sorry. I had looked over your posts to see when you germinated but I got it wrong. Given the veg time, she should be done or very close to, unless she's a long flowering outlier. Sometimes things finish a lot faster than you think. Every strain and pheno has it's own growth trajectory. I'm still trying to work it all out.

dillycid

Extended high humidity and recent rain here @32N has resulted in what I think to be Botrytis. I've never had issue with this, growing outdoors, before. Being a cross of KA5H & Guawi it didn't start flowering until 1st week of September and now, 8 weeks later, this Botrytis is spreading fast. I see no options other than cutting her down to save the unaffected bud. Any help would be welcomed!
Botrytis.JPG

BurntBacon

Extended high humidity and recent rain here @32N has resulted in what I think to be Botrytis. I've never had issue with this, growing outdoors, before. Being a cross of KA5H & Guawi it didn't start flowering until 1st week of September and now, 8 weeks later, this Botrytis is spreading fast. I see no options other than cutting her down to save the unaffected bud. Any help would be welcomed! View attachment 18910873
You can salvage it if caught early, seems to hit top, densest colas first, in my neck of the woods. I treat the wounds, after pruning out infected area, with hydrogen peroxide with pretty good success. It’s a bitch, for sure!

goingrey

Extended high humidity and recent rain here @32N has resulted in what I think to be Botrytis. I've never had issue with this, growing outdoors, before. Being a cross of KA5H & Guawi it didn't start flowering until 1st week of September and now, 8 weeks later, this Botrytis is spreading fast. I see no options other than cutting her down to save the unaffected bud. Any help would be welcomed! View attachment 18910873
Help? For fast spreading botrytis? You already know what to do..

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@dillycid , you say, "what I think to be botrytis" , it looks like caterpillar damage to me. The first time I saw it in my girls outside I thought it was botrytis, but more experienced outdoor growers than myself showed me it was caterpillar damage and that by spaying with BT you can prevent them doing further damage.

If you look inside the bud you will find the caterpillar.

dillycid

@dillycid , you say, "what I think to be botrytis" , it looks like caterpillar damage to me. The first time I saw it in my girls outside I thought it was botrytis, but more experienced outdoor growers than myself showed me it was caterpillar damage and that by spaying with BT you can prevent them doing further damage.

If you look inside the bud you will find the caterpillar.
No not caterpillars. I built a screened in greenhouse years ago for that very reason.

Chungo

You can salvage it if caught early, seems to hit top, densest colas first, in my neck of the woods. I treat the wounds, after pruning out infected area, with hydrogen peroxide with pretty good success. It’s a bitch, for sure!
I have never had this issue in the past nor do I want it however could you please give your mixing instructions for the hydrogen peroxide please?....thanks

dillycid

My apologies.

I hope it's not botrytis 🤞
No apologies needed. Caterpillars were my first thought too! I wish it were that, they are easy to deal with. But this (botrytis) is like a left hook that catches you unaware leaving you with no choice but to concede. Yes it won in less than a week. It reminds me, as far as rapid spread, of the Irish potato blight of the mid 1800's. My question now is will it continue to spread now that the buds are hanging to dry!

goingrey

No apologies needed. Caterpillars were my first thought too! I wish it were that, they are easy to deal with. But this (botrytis) is like a left hook that catches you unaware leaving you with no choice but to concede. Yes it won in less than a week. It reminds me, as far as rapid spread, of the Irish potato blight of the mid 1800's. My question now is will it continue to spread now that the buds are hanging to dry!
You have to remove any moldy parts and preferably also from near them, otherwise it will still spread