dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I take my hat off to you @i.love.scotch :tiphat: Impressive outcome and growing skills, love the way you grew and describe her, thanks a lot for your feedback!

I popped one Killer A5 bean and this was the result. Took the seed plant 13wks, clone finishes in more like 10-11wks.

Fresh it has a woody, popcorn, meaty and propane nose. Heavy on the propane (sulfur/rotten eggs). As it cures and ages the odd burnt popcorn and propane smells soften and give in to more pleasant incense and floral notes.

Satisfying and long lasting high

Chungo

20231014_134537.jpg

KA5H coming down in 3 weeks as I have things to do in Nov. she won't be ready but I can deal with that...

Nextgeneration73

I’ve never taken a sample before 70 days, at which it’s clearly not ready by eye. Little more racy then, but short lived. Taken at mostly cloudy, it’s s simply potent, expansive in the lungs. Like Dubi said on the Potcast about KA5, extreme euphoria followed by narcosis. I ve smoked for 35 yrs, all day everyday for past 20. It’s not giggle weed, energetic yet introspective, fairly clear, little body, it does have a ceiling to me,which is the narcosis, blame that on the NL. Everybody varies, light smokers can’t handle it, from what I’ve seen.
By racy what exactly would that mean for this strain? More functional, more paranoid or energetic?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's indeed a really nice structure on your Killer A5 Haze @Chungo :tiphat: What a beauty.
Would love to know more about her terpene profile ....

Chungo

That's indeed a really nice structure on your Killer A5 Haze @Chungo :tiphat: What a beauty.
Would love to know more about her terpene profile ....
I don't know if this helps but the plant has a slight odor of pine when brushed against her buds. That is all I can get out of her as she doesn't have a over powering odor in the room as some of my previous cannabis plants.

Chungo

I have a question as to the commercial production of cannabis pollen. Just wondering if anyone/company has considered selling cannabis Pollen to the public. I would see this as a market for amateur growers that may have a plant they think is worth breeding to a specific know cannabis quantity.....just a thought. This is already being done in the livestock industry with shipping of frozen sperm of individuals of superior genetics through out the world.

Nextgeneration73

Hi @Nextgeneration73 Both Malawi and Killer A5 Haze are usually killer in the most literal sense. It would be ok if you are going for a walk to a place you feel comfortable with and with people you feel confident, although probably better to go for a walk alone. Both produce really enjoyable trips at home if you have very high tolerance and you are into really strong and long lasting trips. Certainly these 2 strains are not suitable to socialize or for work, but for a challenging introspection.
But I mean is talking to your partner for example when being asked questions doable on this strain, or would it be difficult. Also deos it depend on how much you smoke, let's say if you smoke less the first few times to be more functional. Cutting it earlier than later in flowering? Or keeping it in curing for longer? How would the effect be after there's still bud left in storage after years? What would I need to aim for in these options.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

But I mean is talking to your partner when being asked questions doable on this strain if it's not for solcializing, or would it be difficult. Also deos it depend on how much you smoke, let's say if you some less of it the first few times to be more functional. Cutting it earlier than later in flowering? Or keeping it in curing for longer? How would the effect be after there's still left in storage after years? What would I need to aim for in these options.
I was only trying to edit my comment, and not dublicate it instead! I can't seem to earse this second one!

Old Fogey

View attachment 18908214
2 more weeks and unfortunatly I have to give her the chop. Just a question when ACE gives a flower time is it from the flip of the light schedual or when the first pistals show up...or indoors, from flipping the lights to 12:12 or less.
Well done, looks beautiful.

Ace's strain descriptions can be relied upon for accuracy but of course flowering times can vary due to lots of factors so use only as a guide.

Are you using a scope to monitor the trichomes ? From my angle the frost has the non-reflective, milky-white appearance of caster sugar, indicating cloudy trichomes rather than the shiny and sparkly appearance of regular white sugar that clear trichs give off, so I'd say it's pretty well done already.

Shining a torch up close on a bud will accentuate the appearance of the frost, especially when trichs are still clear, they really sparkle. When they cease sparkling they've turned milky. But if I could I would check with a scope before I chopped.

Peace

Last edited:

Chungo

Well done, looks beautiful.

Ace's strain descriptions can be relied upon for accuracy but of course flowering times can vary due to lots of factors so use only as a guide.

Are you using a scope to monitor the trichomes ? From my angle the frost has the non-reflective, milky-white appearance of castor sugar, indicating cloudy trichomes rather than the shiny and sparkly appearance of regular white sugar that clear trichs give off, so I'd say it's pretty well done already.

Shining a torch up close on a bud will accentuate the appearance of the frost, especially when trichs are still clear, they really sparkle. When they cease sparkling they've turned milky. But if I could I would check with a scope before I chopped.

Peace
Yeah I use a scope to monitor the trichomes and usually once I see some amber I start to get ready to cut them down. There is no amber now and have about 1.5 weeks left of available time. Unfortunately she will come down Nov 5 ready or not. The buds do appear solid and not airy like the GT 3.0 I finished earlier this summer. This plant had the flip to 11/13 Aug 24thish and just wondering if ACE starts their days of flower from the flip or from the first white pistils showing up.

early_bird

Veteran
Really nice looking plant bunika.

Like your fan setup, build this too which cools partially my LED but mostly move the air for my plants from above, very similar to your setup :)

bunika

Looking very nice. Awesome fan setup, I've never seen anything like that before. Did you make it yourself ?

Peace
hello mister,

yes i‘am, i we done everything. This is actualy 3rd revision from the first idea. The concept is made because i‘am limited with space. When you put 2-3 small oscilating fans you lose way space and they are not so effective. Here is full story about plant https://shorturl.at/ajmIT

Material needed for build:
round saw 120mm
IMG_6729.jpeg IMG_6730.jpeg IMG_6732.jpeg IMG_6733.jpeg IMG_6734.jpeg IMG_6738.jpeg IMG_6736.jpeg IMG_6595.jpeg IMG_6596.jpeg IMG_6737.jpeg

@early_bird thank you!

Last edited:

Old Fogey

Yeah I use a scope to monitor the trichomes and usually once I see some amber I start to get ready to cut them down. There is no amber now and have about 1.5 weeks left of available time. Unfortunately she will come down Nov 5 ready or not. The buds do appear solid and not airy like the GT 3.0 I finished earlier this summer. This plant had the flip to 11/13 Aug 24thish and just wondering if ACE starts their days of flower from the flip or from the first white pistils showing up.
Countdown begins at the flip to 12hrs or less.

Peace