What's new

Killer A5 Haze

Nextgeneration73

Had a nice smoke session last night with the killer A5. It now has a four month cure on it and on popping open the jar it still emits some wonderful floral perfume aromas.

It still retains its pyschedelic qualities and while its rounded out some with cure, become a bit more dense (in a pyschedelic fashion), it’s still quite an aggressive high.

Very, very interesting. I’ve been smoking on DJ shorts blueberry for the last month or so which is a more relaxing, peaceful tranquility type.... and puffing on this is like night and day!

Soaring, brightening pyschedelic qualities with an aggressive mind bending effect to it. Not relaxing but more on the nail biting fuckery weed side :biglaugh:

I love this stuff! :bow::whee:

picture.php

picture.php
Is it okay going for a walk while high on KA5H or is it best to stay at home? I'd love to do both on this amazing strain. I'm still awaiting for the time when I'll finally be able to grow due to some temporary issues delaying it. Also which is more debilitating Malawi or Killer a5 Haze?

Last edited:

thugpoet

Hi all,

Here are some pics two weeks later at 36 Days after flip.
It looks like I have 4 different phenotypes based on bud structure, #1, #5 & #6 all show the same bud structure they are medium stretchy out of the bunch, #2 is by far the shortest one and fastest flowering, #3 Has a very interesting bud structure, it basically neglected 6 of its colas and decided to make two monster ones instead with incredible stretch and vigor, and finally #4 most pure Sativa like, slower stretcher but longer so she has caught up almost to #3.

Killer A5 Haze #1 0729.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #1 (typical floral incense Hazy smell, nothing notable about this plant)

Killer A5 Haze #2 0729.jpg
Killer A5 Haze #2 (shortest plant smells slightly more floral than most others, sorry picture does not do it justice)

Killer A5 Haze #3 0729.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #3 (tallest one, with the two main colas she chose to prioritize, they look like they are going to be quite massive, Plant smells pure Incense Haze with a metallic side and floral acrid notes)

Killer A5 Haze #4 0729.jpg
Killer A5 Haze #4 (the defoliation really benefitted this one, she stretched quite a bit in the last two weeks, I she is almost catching up to #3, I think she is mostly done stretching, but I could see her still go for another week. She is very slow to start flowering barely has any resins and smells faintly but similar to #3 Incense Haze. 120 days minimum on this one for sure)

Killer A5 Haze #6 0729.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #5 (Very similar plant to #1)

Killer A5 Haze #5 0729.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #6 (Same pheno as #1 and 5, but she is a lot frostier, and she smells absolutely divine. Like a complex very Sweet Peach/Mango with a strong floral/Jasmine background that blends into the Incense/Haze background, I've read this referred to as Peach/mango Incense and that is pretty accurate)

IMG_20230729_200406.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #3 and her 2 colas (2nd from the left) vs the untopped NL 5 Haze selfed bagseed (on the far right), both around 5 ft high.

IMG_20230729_200325.jpg

#4 (on the right) wants a shot at the title.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Is it okay going for a walk while high on KA5H or is it best to stay at home? I'd love to do both on this amazing strain. I'm still awaiting for the time when I'll finally be able to grow due to some temporary issues delaying it. Also which is more debilitating Malawi or Killer a5 Haze?

Hi @Nextgeneration73 Both Malawi and Killer A5 Haze are usually killer in the most literal sense. It would be ok if you are going for a walk to a place you feel comfortable with and with people you feel confident, although probably better to go for a walk alone. Both produce really enjoyable trips at home if you have very high tolerance and you are into really strong and long lasting trips. Certainly these 2 strains are not suitable to socialize or for work, but for a challenging introspection.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the updates @thugpoet :)

Killer A5 Haze is a diverse poly hybrid and it's common to find quite different phenotypes even within small populations. I'm glad plant #6 is showing the more appealing peach (later also incensey) terps. As i commented in other A5 Haze hybrid threads, such peach incensey phenos pop up recessively (around 20%) by recombination of A5 Haze in outcrosses with other strains that are not very dominant for terps, such as Malawi or Thai. I don't easily find it when crossing A5 Haze with strains with very strong and complex terpenes such as Panama, or with more dominant strains for terpenes such as Oldtimer's Haze.

Plants #1, #2 and #5 look like the most frequent, tamed and balanced expressions, which scents usually go more or less along the lines of the signature A5 Haze terpene profile: leather, incense, hash, and organic-decaying flowers.

Glad you didn't delay much to switch to 11/13 photoperiod because plants #3 and #4 are going to need it to finish properly. These 2 are obviously much more Haze, sativa dominant for structure, flowering times and response to photoperiod. #4 looks like a wild sativa pheno that won't perform well so easily indoors (and unless the high is gold i would not select for such type), while #3 looks promising, showing nice early resins and will catch up, although later than the other 4 more tamed plants.

thugpoet

Thanks for the updates @thugpoet :)

Killer A5 Haze is a diverse poly hybrid and it's common to find quite different phenotypes even within small populations. I'm glad plant #6 is showing the more appealing peach (later also incensey) terps. As i commented in other A5 Haze hybrid threads, such peach incensey phenos pop up recessively (around 20%) by recombination of A5 Haze in outcrosses with other strains that are not very dominant for terps, such as Malawi or Thai. I don't easily find it when crossing A5 Haze with strains with very strong and complex terpenes such as Panama, or with more dominant strains for terpenes such as Oldtimer's Haze.

Plants #1, #2 and #5 look like the most frequent, tamed and balanced expressions, which scents usually go more or less along the lines of the signature A5 Haze terpene profile: leather, incense, hash, and organic-decaying flowers.

Glad you didn't delay much to switch to 11/13 photoperiod because plants #3 and #4 are going to need it to finish properly. These 2 are obviously much more Haze, sativa dominant for structure, flowering times and response to photoperiod. #4 looks like a wild sativa pheno that won't perform well so easily indoors (and unless the high is gold i would not select for such type), while #3 looks promising, showing nice early resins and will catch up, although later than the other 4 more tamed plants.
Hey @dubi

Thank you for your kind reply and insightful information as always. We are truly blessed to have you.

I can understand why this is the first A5 hybrid you released. I really can't see any Malawi influence in the smell of the plants at all. Seems the A5 is very dominant in the cross and not only her, but her whole genepool dominates as well and comes through. I really enjoy the variety of phenos in here. I'm glad you didn't decide to inbreed it and take it in any particular direction.
Although I'm sure if you could stabilize the Peach/mango Incense pheno with the killer high, vigor and yield, that would be very much in demand.

#3 Reminds me of the impressive plant that @OZZ_ shared many pages back in this thread.
She seems like she really is going to put a ton of weight on those colas based on how she made her flowering sites, she'll need support before long. She looks pretty resinous as well for her growth stage. She's slightly overfed, but she doesn't seem to mind at all. She has the leather and the church incense smell. Definitely a Hazy lady with big lady parts.

#4 looks like it has 0% NL influence in it. She is still stretching in week 6. She looks to me to be an all Lime green Original Haze. She looks like she should have a similar bud structure to #3 albeit more open and fluffy if I had to guess. Looks like it could yield decently and likes to be fed abundantly (things O Haze generally sucks at).
I'm definitely keeping this plant if the end product is interesting/unique enough.

#6 Smells loud and really nice, like sweet overly ripe mangos with some rotten funk. Almost like a jackfruit. She has the incense and the leather too to nuance the loud fruity smell. None of the other KA5Hzs smell nearly as loud or refined at the moment. She smelled nice and loud very early on, which is usually a good sign.

So all in all, it looks like I could end up keeping multiple phenotypes of this variety. We will have to wait and see of course.

Cannamicably,

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's my pleasure to assist here in the forums to growers like you showing interest and excitement for growing our genetics :tiphat: it's without any doubt one of the best parts of this job.

To be honest, i was not very interested to inbred Nevil's work or create hybrids using only his genetics, Nevil did that job more than good (and others with more or less success and consistency).

When a really good F1 like A5 Haze shows the dominant traits of each parental plant in a very desirable way, with the peaks in vigor, potency and yield from F1 heterosis, rarely the S1 improves it. I have big bags of seeds of A5 Haze S1 and C5 x A5 which i guess would be quite marketable, but i decided to not go in that way.

As i commented with dear @Yo Sammy (the person who shared with us all the Nevil's Haze hybrid clones) from the start of these projects, my main interest was to cross our best sativa range with Nevil's Haze hybrids, and try to come out with something really good that can bring something new to the table, and bring Nevil's work to a more sativa side, which is our especiality and main working field.

In that sense i think we have achieved really interesting new sativa hybrids, especially with Killer A5 Haze, Thai A5 Haze, Panama A5 Haze and Super Panama Haze (Nevil's Haze x Panama).

From A5 Haze terpene profiles i love both: the leather, liver, hashy, rotten organic, incensey main profile and the more recessive fruity peach incensey profile. We worked quite a lot with peach incensey phenos in advanced Tikal (75 % Guatemala sativa and 25 % NL/Haze) generations and hybrids, so i'm not craving to work again on that.

Keep up the great gardening work @thugpoet best part of your grow is yet to come! ;)

thugpoet

It's my pleasure to assist here in the forums to growers like you showing interest and excitement for growing our genetics :tiphat: it's without any doubt one of the best parts of this job.

To be honest, i was not very interested to inbred Nevil's work or create hybrids using only his genetics, Nevil did that job more than good (and others with more or less success and consistency).

When a really good F1 like A5 Haze shows the dominant traits of each parental plant in a very desirable way, with the peaks in vigor, potency and yield from F1 heterosis, rarely the S1 improves it. I have big bags of seeds of A5 Haze S1 and C5 x A5 which i guess would be quite marketable, but i decided to not go in that way.

As i commented with dear @Yo Sammy (the person who shared with us all the Nevil's Haze hybrid clones) from the start of these projects, my main interest was to cross our best sativa range with Nevil's Haze hybrids, and try to come out with something really good that can bring something new to the table, and bring Nevil's work to a more sativa side, which is our especiality and main working field.

In that sense i think we have achieved really interesting new sativa hybrids, especially with Killer A5 Haze, Thai A5 Haze, Panama A5 Haze and Super Panama Haze (Nevil's Haze x Panama).

From A5 Haze terpene profiles i love both: the leather, liver, hashy, rotten organic, incensey main profile and the more recessive fruity peach incensey profile. We worked quite a lot with peach incensey phenos in advanced Tikal (75 % Guatemala sativa and 25 % NL/Haze) generations and hybrids, so i'm not craving to work again on that.

Keep up the great gardening work @thugpoet best part of your grow is yet to come! ;)

Well I think the feeling is mutual, it's a pleasure being able to not only access these incredible genetics, but knowing the passion behind the work and being able to have honest discussions about the genetics. I can imagine that for you that is a great reward to see people excited about what you created and share the love for them.

Yes, A5 s1 and C5 x A5 seems too obvious and low effort. Doesn't fit too well with the ethos of your brand.

I think we are all on board for fem F1s between the elite parentals of pure Sativas/NLDs you guys have found over the years with the A5, C5, Nevil's Haze and other clones like that.

Many people have stated that inbreeding Haze does not work very well (Sam and Nevil included). But works very well in hybrids.

I forgot about the tikal, I missed the train on that one.

Yeah all those hybrids seem very nice, also some of the stuff you have in R&D like Purple Zamal x A5 has definitely caught my eye.
Probably going to do the Super Panama Haze first.

Cannamicably,

thugpoet

Hey Sativa/NLD lovers from around the world,
Here are some new pics at 50 days after flip (just got their first 14 hr night)
We got a new contender for the title of tallest with #4 slowly stretching her way through week 7/8 (can barely see the rest of the canopy from this angle).

20230812_142442.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #1 0812.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #1 (smells very floral and sharp/astringent a little bit like a sour apple, light on the leather not very Hazy)

Killer A5 Haze #2 0812.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #2 (shortest pheno, by far densest buds smells most balanced between incense leather floral haze. She started getting hungry apparently)

Killer A5 Haze #3 0812.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #3 (smells of leather incense with the Haze quite noticeable and some light floral touches and some metallic notes as well)

Killer A5 Haze #4 0812.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #4 (still being quite timid on the resins and smells, so far mostly like #3 but still very faint)

Killer A5 Haze #5 0812.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #5 (Deep leather incense, some pot pourri going on)

Killer A5 Haze #6 0812.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #6 (Fruity/sweet leather floral incense with some rotten funk in there)

Killer A5 Haze #4 - full 0812.jpg

Killer A5 Haze #4 in all her glory.

Cannamicably,

Nextgeneration73

Even though I'm hoping to one day, when I purchase to get only Malawi and Haze pheno types, I'd still have to ask: Does the Northern Lights Pheno still have Malawi and haze like effects, meaning it's not like you're getting the Northern Lights strain without the other parents, or is it just more there in the high? I'm just not familiar with how it works.

Last edited:

thugpoet

Even though I'm hoping to one day, when I purchase to get only Malawi and Haze pheno types, I'd still have to ask: Does the Northern Lights Pheno still have Malawi and haze like effects, meaning it's not like you're getting the Northern Lights strain without the other parents, or is it just more there in the high? I'm just not familiar with how it works.
I think you would have to grow an astronomical amount of seeds to find a real Afghan leaning pheno. Haze is very dominant in NL Haze, especially in terms of the effects. From my understanding the NL contributes mostly by shortening the flowering time, resin production, bud density and vigor.

NL5 is not even pure Afghanica/BLD. If I recall correctly, it's supposed to be some Sativa hybrid named "Hawaian" of Mexican or Thai and Colombian crossed to an Aghani (or the other way around). The NL5 Nevil selected just happened to be an Aghani dominant pheno, but it definitely does not pass on traits like a pure Afghan would. That's what made NL5 Haze so special in the first place.

So do you really think that after adding a Pure Tropical African Landrace like Malawi you are going to find an Afghani pheno?
That would be akin to finding a 16-weeker Colombian Gold pheno in a Skunk x Afghanica/BLD hybrid. Not saying it can't happen, but the odds would be pretty low.

Cannamicably,

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

I think you would have to grow an astronomical amount of seeds to find a real Afghan leaning pheno. Haze is very dominant in NL Haze, especially in terms of the effects. From my understanding the NL contributes mostly by shortening the flowering time, resin production, bud density and vigor.

NL5 is not even pure Afghanica/BLD. If I recall correctly, it's supposed to be some Sativa hybrid named "Hawaian" of Thai and Colombian crossed to an Aghan (or the other way around). The NL5 Nevil selected just happened to be an Aghani dominant pheno, but it definitely does not pass on traits like a pure Afghan would. That's what made NL5 Haze so special in the first place.

So do you really think that after adding a Pure Tropical African Landrace like Malawi you are going to find an Afghani pheno?
That would be akin to finding a 16-weeker Colombian Gold pheno in a Skunk x Afghanica/BLD hybrid. Not saying it can't happen, but the odds would be pretty low.

Cannamicably,

Thanks man, that's a relief to hear!

GrowdoBaggins

Just flipped, a friend just finished this cut in 9-10 weeks. He had some buds the size of his fist, I'll work on getting some pics of those.

Being the 9-10 week pheno, hopefully I have enough runway so to speak. Wondering if 11-13 is beneficial for all phenos or if 12-12 would work. I think I will switch it to 11-13 tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20230814_201817.jpg
    20230814_201817.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89

mountainoutlaw

Really wanting to pin down a few select strains.
A potent haze is what I need.
I been really let down with some of the "pure" hazes on the market. Im even in possession of some true early 90s pheno, wonderful profile, just the potency isnt their (which is to be expected).

Gonna run a few of these a5s. Looking for that NL/pheno for sure.

GrowdoBaggins

Really wanting to pin down a few select strains.
A potent haze is what I need.
I been really let down with some of the "pure" hazes on the market. Im even in possession of some true early 90s pheno, wonderful profile, just the potency isnt their (which is to be expected).

Gonna run a few of these a5s. Looking for that NL/pheno for sure.
Where are you from? If you don't mind me asking. Given your name, mountainoutlaw, I'm assuming nowhere near me. BC, Canada. Anyway, I've got the cut.

deepwaterdude

NL5 is not even pure Afghanica/BLD. If I recall correctly, it's supposed to be some Sativa hybrid named "Hawaian" of Mexican or Thai and Colombian crossed to an Aghani (or the other way around). The NL5 Nevil selected just happened to be an Aghani dominant pheno, but it definitely does not pass on traits like a pure Afghan would. That's what made NL5 Haze so special in the first place.

Cannamicably,

This is all probably true, but with the absolute first bean I popped of the testers I got Abbott; a massive NL stinker that I never found again and that was pure crack cocaine of cannabis. The best of all KA5 I popped, maybe 7 fem seeds. Smoked it for 6 months straight. One joint of abbott would outstink a pound of cookies right next to it. Pissed people off;) It should be in my thread around when the strain came out. Made me want to look into NL5 to see where that came from.

Latest posts

Latest posts